+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Re: June 2012 Minor League Thread

Charleston got off to a good start post allstar game
    • Mason Williams homers (5) on a fly ball to center field.
    • Cito Culver triples (3) on a fly ball to right fielder Henry Ramos.
    • Tyler Austin grounds out to first baseman David Renfroe. Cito Culver scores.
    • Gary Sanchez doubles (19) on a fly ball to right fielder Henry Ramos.
    • Dante Bichette doubles (10) on a fly ball to left fielder Keury De La Cruz. Gary Sanchez scores.
    • Angelo Gumbs reaches on fielding error by shortstop Jose Vinicio. Dante Bichette to 3rd.
    • Reymond Nunez pops into double play in foul territory, first baseman David Renfroe to catcher Leonel Escobar. Dante Bichette out at home.
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

NYYF MVP

I'm probably coming from a bias perspective of being a Yankee fan.

But the Yankees have to be one of the slowest teams in promoting their hitting talent.

Forget Tyler Austin or even someone like Mason Williams who both would have probably been already promoted in other organizations from Low A to high A.

Just look at Gary Sanchez basically repeating low A after the year he put up last year(.820 OPS as a 18 year old)

Other top prospects would have been promoted on simply having spent a full year at low A irrelevant of putting up impressive numbers nevermind impressive ones like Sanchez.

He's doing a good job of not being "bored" many prospects in his position would be frustrated as hell.

Also just to be clear I'm talking specifically about hitting prospects, pitching prospects are obviously a completely different animal.

You look at other organizations and their top prospect guys putting up ok hitting statistics nothing spectacular and they get promoted all the time specifically in the lower levels and might even do better in the next level then they were doing before they moved up which usually has something to do with that top hitting prospect getting a confidence boost from the promotion and thus taking off.

Honest Abe
    1-3

Pirela
    0-0, 2BB

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post

But the Yankees have to be one of the slowest teams in promoting their hitting talent.

Forget Tyler Austin or even someone like Mason Williams who both would have probably been already promoted in other organizations from Low A to high A.

Just look at Gary Sanchez basically repeating low A after the year he put up last year(.820 OPS as a 18 year old)

Other top prospects would have been promoted on simply having spent a full year at low A irrelevant of putting up impressive numbers nevermind impressive ones like Sanchez.

He's doing a good job of not being "bored" many prospects in his position would be frustrated as hell.

Also just to be clear I'm talking specifically about hitting prospects, pitching prospects are obviously a completely different animal.

You look at other organizations and their top prospect guys putting up ok hitting statistics nothing spectacular and they get promoted all the time specifically in the lower levels and might even do better in the next level then they were doing before they moved up which usually has something to do with that top hitting prospect getting a confidence boost from the promotion and thus taking off.
    I agree they're slow as hell. On another board somebody stated that if Harper or Trout were Yankees, they would still be in AA not the majors.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Flores
    3-3, 3RBI, 3R, BB, SB

Murphy
    2-3, 2B, BB

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post

Um, the parent club is stacked, no need to rush them like a Senator or Oriole type team. It seems when players are called up from AAA they are ready, so their formula seems to work.

NYYF MVP

I never said rush them, was discussing our organizations propensity to do the absolute opposite of rushing when it comes to our hitting prospects.

Was more arguing for a logical middle ground

I think I was pretty clear in what I said.

When it comes to your point it really doesn't matter how "stacked" the big club is, if you have a talented hitting prospect who is just as talented knocking on the door in the hypothetical world of that prospect improving as he keeps getting moved up at a reasonable, realistic level they will find room for him.

Sanchez left the game after a collision at the plate.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Not the least bit surprised.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Wouldn't have happened if he were in Tampa.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

................ ................ ................
    always reasonable

In another forum of mine I posted about Brett Marshall. Do you consider him as a decent-good prospect now do you guys think hes starting to be noticed?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankProspector View Post
    Um, the parent club is stacked, no need to rush them like a Senator or Oriole type team. It seems when players are called up from AAA they are ready, so their formula seems to work.
    Who are the Senators?

SI YANKEES GAME STATS RECAP-
    -Andrew Benak Yankees 14th rounder 22 pitches 2 inning 2 hits a walk and 2 ks
    - Yankees 13th Rounder James Pazos gave up 2 hits no runs and 3 walks over 2 innings
    - Dietrich Enns 19th Rounder pitched 2 scoreless innings
    - Stephen Lopez of the Yankees 16th Round pitches 2 scoreless innings
    - Taylor Dugas is now 4-7 after the 2-4 performance today 8th rounder
    - 33rd rounder Saxon Butler had 2 doubles and went 2-3 in the game
    CHARLESTON YANKEES GAME STATS RECAP-
    Today starts the 2nd half!
    - Mason Williams was 2-5 boosting his average above .300 he also got his 5th homer and his 18th steal
    - Tyler Austin was 2-4 boosting his average to .339 he got his 21st double and 15th steal
    -Gary Sanchez 1-2 with a double .315 AVG
    -Dante Bichette Jr 2-3
    - JR Murphy in Tampa was 2-4

Nice to see Murphy finally heating up.

NYYF Legend

I see that one of the best Yankee draft picks of recent years, Jeremy Bleich, has returned (GCL) from shoulder surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I see that one of the best Yankee draft picks of recent years, Jeremy Bleich, has returned (GCL) from shoulder surgery.
    The Rays took Beckham #1 for the entire draft that year instead of Posey or even Eric Hosmer. The Red Sox chose Bryan Price at the back end of the first round too.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Bleich is 25 and he probably still has a few years to go till MLB

Quote Originally Posted by Jrue View Post
    Bleich is 25 and he probably still has a few years to go till MLB
    I think he was in Double A when he hurt his shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Posada_20 View Post
    I think he was in Double A when he hurt his shoulder
    Yes, he was.

Faith is a funny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Who are the Senators?
    Not the Twins or Rangers? Huh...Must've been talking about the former Expos in that case!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    The Rays took Beckham #1 for the entire draft that year instead of Posey or even Eric Hosmer. The Red Sox chose Bryan Price at the back end of the first round too.
    You're forgetting that the Yankees must nail every pick in their draft or face the scorn and mockery of THEBOSS84.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeho View Post
    You're forgetting that the Yankees must nail every pick in their draft or face the scorn and mockery of THEBOSS84.
    Nope, I have only mocked them for two early-round picks since I've been here (around the time each player was drafted) - Bleich and Culver.

NYYF Legend

Gumbs getting some FG recognition -

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...-report-video/

Austin
    2-4

Thread Information