+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rafael Soriano undressing after Saves

Is anybody else irked by this??
    The dude comes in for one inning after sitting around for the other 7 or so and is a rush to undress lol.
    Seriously though, I can't believe the Yankees haven't said anything to him about that!

Re: Rafael Soriano undressing after Saves

im personally not a fan of it but this is what he's always done. i rather him do that than the papa grande rain dance celebration after every save. unfortunately, not too many closers to the whole mariano rivera "no big deal, i've done this over 600 times" walk to the catcher and shake his hand
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    im personally not a fan of it but this is what he's always done. i rather him do that than the papa grande rain dance celebration after every save. unfortunately, not too many closers to the whole mariano rivera "no big deal, i've done this over 600 times" walk to the catcher and shake his hand
    Yea man agreed. I know everybody has a different personality, but it was always so call to see Mariano follow through with his pitch on a strikeout and in on motion just calmly walk to the catcher, shake hands and turn around like he just did a side bullpen session lol.

Never cared for when Price Fielder and the rest of the Brewers did it either...and I like Prince.

Funny I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
    It really annoys me. Maybe girardi will say something, as long as he keeps saving games I guess we should just look the other way.

It's really not a big deal. Like, at all.

Forum Regular

What's the other alternative? Do you want him to stay in uniform 24/7? Pretty sure every other player undresses after a game too.

NYYF Cy Young

I'll be honest- I do the same thing as him.. the moment I get in the elevator to leave work, my shirt gets un-tucked. It's just more comfortable

I miss Mariano shaking Jorge's hand after a save.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers92 View Post
    What's the other alternative? Do you want him to stay in uniform 24/7? Pretty sure every other player undresses after a game too.
    No the point is that he does it on the field the moment the final out is recorded. i always wondered what it was about too, but whatever. Closers are quirky they all have their thing.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    No the point is that he does it on the field the moment the final out is recorded. i always wondered what it was about too, but whatever. Closers are quirky they all have their thing.
    I was being sarcastic because I don't see how it's a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    I miss Mariano shaking Jorge's hand after a save.

Amen!

Act like you been there before.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Legend

While I do have a problem with idiots like Valverde, or K-Rod in the past standing on the mound and beating their chests like gorillas after getting the final out for a save, I honestly don't see any big deal about Soriano pulling his shirt out of his pants. It seems completely different to me. Would I like to see all closers handle themselves as Mariano does on the mound? Sure, but I think that ship sailed a long time ago. Soriano's thing doesn't even seem particularly celebratory. It just seems symbolic, as if he's saying, "My day's done now. Time to put up my feet and have a beer."

Addicted Member

As long as he doesn't take off his pants, I'm cool with it.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    While I do have a problem with idiots like Valverde, or K-Rod in the past standing on the mound and beating their chests like gorillas after getting the final out for a save, I honestly don't see any big deal about Soriano pulling his shirt out of his pants. It seems completely different to me.
    Concur. It's not showboating, taunting, directing anything at the opposing team, etc... It's his thing, and whether or not one thinks it's silly, it seems completely harmless and non-controversial to me.

NYYF Cy Young

I never even noticed it before, which means its not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    As long as he doesn't take off his pants, I'm cool with it.
    This is the truth! And we're probably better off the he isn't actually taking the jersey off. As far as the OP, I agree with most here. It's his thing - and it's surely better than some of the closers who have an orgasm on the mound after a save. Valverde - I'm talking to you!

Released Outright

Please, people, watch a soccer game where all the players take their jerseys off on the field after the game. It's really not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Amen!

Act like you been there before.
    There are billions of people on this earth. You'll be amazed they all act differently. It would be boring if everyone acted the same.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    I never even noticed it before, which means its not that big of a deal.
    That makes two of us.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

I just wish he'd smile more, he always looks so sad

I know, tell me about it

Kind of like a cool but un-classy way to say "good night" if that makes any sense.

Something tells me it wouldn't be happening if George were still around though.

BTW aren't all the players still required to be kept clean shaven with short hair?

Personally, on my level of importance, it's right below how long my toaster takes to toast my bread.
    Roger Maris = single season "natural" home-run record-holder.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerNatural View Post
    Personally, on my level of importance, it's right below how long my toaster takes to toast my bread.
    Which is very important web you're in a hurry in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Concur. It's not showboating, taunting, directing anything at the opposing team, etc... It's his thing, and whether or not one thinks it's silly, it seems completely harmless and non-controversial to me.
    Well I have no problem with being overly caught up in a moment and showing emotion. But he's borderline showboating. There is a grey area there with him.

I don;t get too caught up in it because obviously when he does that he just beat the Yanks and I'm annoyed as it is so it just makes me more annoyed. But seeing it from a perspective of not caring about his opponent, it still kinda bugs me. But whatever.... he's got the skills, it's his thing. When he starts to decline he'll look pretty dumb if he's still doing it.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

As long as he's doing his job, he could smack his ass and blow kisses toward Brian Cashman's private luxury box for all I care.

Thread Information