+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1735

Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

I'd love Betancourt depending on the price. That'd give this team a pretty killer bullpen with a healthy Joba in the mix.

11.13 and 9.13 K:BB the last two years. He also had that crazy year in '07 with Cleveland.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...etanra01.shtml

NYYF Legend

Anything to push Eppley into a "depth" player... As effective as he's been, I don't want that clock striking midnight for him during the playoffs
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Prospect wise, is he really?
    That much I don't know.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    That much I don't know.
    From the Denver Post article cited earlier:

Betancourt is under contract next year with a mutual option for 2014. To move him, the Rockies would require a valuable piece in return. Betancourt is 1-3 with a 3.00 ERA, while posting 17 saves in 36 innings.
    Read valuable piece = high level prospect. I'll pass.

Once Joba is back, we will have Soriano, Robertson, & Chamberlain leading a well stacked bullpen.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I doubt that's the return he'll command, and of course you pass on that. I think they'll get someone to overpay, but not to that degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    When did Chase Headley become Justin Upton?
    They'll ask for that and not come down much. He's really good and very cheap. If we get him for a lot less, I'd be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_ya_know24 View Post
    id probably give up banuelos/betances/nunez. if we could swap banuelos for mason or austin and get that return, id make that trade. but banuelos + williams or sanchez is too much. both venable and headley have sub .800 career OPSs (i know at Petco)

those are two cheap and relatively young players. venable would take swishers place in right next year, and headley at third for Arod, who becomes the regular DH.

if the yanks are serious about cutting the payroll down, these are the kinds of moves that should be made.
    Good post.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Wonder if this trade deadline will pass without any big news. Always potential for a late flurry, of course. But so far it's been really quiet.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Smashed 5 cellphones due to... Espinosa's Glasses's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Wonder if this trade deadline will pass without any big news. Always potential for a late flurry, of course. But so far it's been really quiet.
    Pretty quiet for us IMO...

But I hope we can add a big time starter if possible... the Angels were scary to begin with... now I don't see how they don't surpass Texas and become the favorites to win it all.

Based on San Diego's actions in signing Street and Quentin to extensions, I doubt they trade Headley unless somebody blows them out of the water with an offer and I don't see Cashman making such an offer.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    From the Denver Post article cited earlier:

Read valuable piece = high level prospect. I'll pass.

Once Joba is back, we will have Soriano, Robertson, & Chamberlain leading a well stacked bullpen.
    I hate giving up legitimate prospects for a middle reliever. It's the equivalent of paying for sex.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Might be similar to 2009; some bit/bench players to patch up a few holes. I thought they might grab Liriano but Chicago beat us to the punch there.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I hate giving up legitimate prospects for a middle reliever. It's the equivalent of paying for sex.
    This is a horribad analogy.

There is nothing wrong with paying for good, even great, sex.

Jon Heyman doing his best to throw a ton of s--t at the wall in hopes something happens to stick:

Anyway, after Headley, who is thought of as a long shot since the Yankees don't want to part with top prospects, especially for a need of minor import. Here are some others thought to be on the list (there's probably more): Willie Bloomquist, Brendan Ryan, Yunel Escobar, Chone Figgins, Ty Wigginton, Jose Lopez and Cody Ransom.

Mark Reynolds may be on the list, too, but that's a long shot. Scott Rolen may be, too, but he's pretty fragile these days. Stephen Drew is thought to be too expensive in terms of prospects. Marco Scutaro came off when he went in trade to San Francisco.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...ton--many-more

Quote Originally Posted by ElDandy View Post
    Jon Heyman doing his best to throw a ton of s--t at the wall in hopes something happens to stick:

Cody Ransom.
    I can say with absolute confidence that the Yankees will NOT be making any trades for Cody Ransom.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElDandy View Post
    Might be similar to 2009; some bit/bench players to patch up a few holes. I thought they might grab Liriano but Chicago beat us to the punch there.
    Why? I wouldn't mind, but I don't think he would upgrade anything in our pitching staff.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF Legend

Scott Rolen. Lol

There is grasping and then there is this list.
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    I can say with absolute confidence that the Yankees will NOT be making any trades for Cody Ransom.
    We won't have too. He will be released outright soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneTravis View Post
    Scott Rolen. Lol

There is grasping and then there is this list.
    He listed everybody except for Miguel Cairo and Jose Vizcaino. I mean why shouldn't Cody Ransom be up there?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    If that happened I think I would die from choking on my own vomit.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

No GM with Jayson Nix on his roster would ever trade for Cody Ransom.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Do people really think we need a major pitching upgrade? I'm happy with our bullpen and rotation as is. CC and Kuroda are locks to be 1-2 in the post-season right now, and hopefully Andy is #3. Our rotation is perfectly fine as is for the August-September playoff push. Sure it would be great to add somebody like Cliff Lee, but do we really need that? I see talk about sub-Ace 2/3 starter types, and I'm like, why? We don't need it. We have a potential starter in Phelps working out of the pen already.

Same thing goes for the bullpen, but to a lesser degree. Sure, we could use another good situational reliever, but we're talking about replacing somebody at the back end, and by all accounts Joba is going to be ready to go sooner than later, which is a huge internal boost. Trading for somebody like Betancourt, or any of the top relievers on the market, would be foolish. Most of the teams in baseball envy our bullpen.

What this team needs is some added depth in the lineup. Ichiro was a great start. The A-Rod injury was unfortunate. I hope Cash can pull off another good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    Do people really think we need a major pitching upgrade? I'm happy with our bullpen and rotation as is. CC and Kuroda are locks to be 1-2 in the post-season right now, and hopefully Andy is #3. Our rotation is perfectly fine as is for the August-September playoff push. Sure it would be great to add somebody like Cliff Lee, but do we really need that? I see talk about sub-Ace 2/3 starter types, and I'm like, why? We don't need it. We have a potential starter in Phelps working out of the pen already.

Same thing goes for the bullpen, but to a lesser degree. Sure, we could use another good situational reliever, but we're talking about replacing somebody at the back end, and by all accounts Joba is going to be ready to go sooner than later, which is a huge internal boost. Trading for somebody like Betancourt, or any of the top relievers on the market, would be foolish. Most of the teams in baseball envy our bullpen.

What this team needs is some added depth in the lineup. Ichiro was a great start. The A-Rod injury was unfortunate. I hope Cash can pull off another good move.
    Agreed as long as Andy is healthy. The fact that he had a setback today is very worrisome. I feel significantly less confident about our playoff rotation w/o Andy in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    Do people really think we need a major pitching upgrade? .
    Nope, I dont understand it either. If CC can get back to being Yankee CC, our rotation is pretty beastly. And I think our bullpen will be pretty good too.

In terms of Liriano, I wouldn't have mind grabbing him as an asset for the future, but it turns out he is a FA at the end of this year, so pass.

Betancourt would be a nice luxury (im assuming he's death on righties), but only for anything less than Joseph (Mustelier/Laird perhaps?)......which I don't think the Rockies will want that.

Im with you, depth in the lineup. Kotteras would have been great, but I think the FO has a ridiculous love affair with Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Agreed as long as Andy is healthy. The fact that he had a setback today is very worrisome. I feel significantly less confident about our playoff rotation w/o Andy in there.
    Dammit, did he really? I was semi-confident that he would be able to comeback easily. So much for that.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Dammit, did he really? I was semi-confident that he would be able to comeback easily. So much for that.
    His leg swelled up today after he threw. Rothschild said early September is "still possible". But Andy is 40, and its much harder to recover from injuries. Any setback or any issues like he had today really worries me.

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

I think the last 10 days have showed us that good ole Cashman should be in the market for a bat in the next 36 hours or so.

Ibie and Jonesy and Nixie are better served sitting mostly on the bench not playing every day. With a non-bat in the hands of either catcher, the bottom of the order is a black hole. Puts pressure on the top of the order to produce or lose.

In any event, with the way Suzzie can handle the bat, he should be slotted in the 2 hole with hopes he can return to a little more than a shell of his former self, to get Grandie in more of an RBI part of the lineup.

Jeetie
    Suzzie
    Cano
    Teixie
    Grandie
    Swishie
    Chavie/Nixie
    DHie
    Catcherie
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????

Thank goodness we now know.

Thread Information