+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/07/whi...etances-72171/

Any idea what the White Sox could give us that would actually help us out?
    Brent Morel?

I really have no idea. Do they have any minor league outfielders worth knowing about?

Seeing Cooper do his voodoo magic and turning Betances into a quality pitcher would pain my balls. Kenny Williams is such an easy target, though.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    2011 was a career year for the flyin' hawaiian but it was proceeded by 3 staright years of 100 - 110 OPS+ ball with good baserunning and good defense. I'd be willing to bet the 1st half of this year is an aberation. I wouldn't bet a lot in terms of prospects, but I would bet something.
    Unfortunately, Philly is being silly as always.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    Kicking the tires on Victorino is fine and makes perfect sense. But Upton is the guy I hope and pray we end up with. That is if the DBacks don't loot and pillage Cashman as most teams seem to try to do.
    The point of trading Upton would be to loot and pillage ANY team that gives up a haul and there are alot willing to do so.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I'd be fine with Victorino, Upton, or a scarecrow with a glove attached to its forehead as long as it means not seeing Ibanez.
    R E A L L Y ?????????????? Guess you would be willing to give tonight's game back as well as all of the other big hits the guy has picked up this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    R E A L L Y ?????????????? Guess you would be willing to give tonight's game back as well as all of the other big hits the guy has picked up this year...
    Pretty sure he was talking about in the field.

NYYF Legend

While the stats comparison may be true, one has to wonder if Ibanez will wear down as the season goes along from playing the field.

Bringing Victorino (or another OFer) into the fold would allow Ibanez to move back into the role for which he was signed - the DH role.

Still, I would not bite unless the price was right.
    That's fair, and likely along the lines of what Cashman is thinking. I would just hate to give up much for Victorino.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    The point of trading Upton would be to loot and pillage ANY team that gives up a haul and there are alot willing to do so.
    Right, Yankee fans need to get real that Arizona isn't trading him unless they get a boat load back for him. He ain't coming to the Yankees this mid-season. If he's still a D-Back this winter then maybe Cash and his Arizona Buddy will talk, but the price will still be very high.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    Pretty sure he was talking about in the field.
    Probably, but I'm still of the opinion that corner OF defense is overrated as long as you are producinng offensively. Whether a 40 year old Ibanez can continue to stay healthy and productive if he is forced to play LF regularly is another story.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

That's not the point at all.
    Team Northern Lights

I was talking about his defense, but he's also not hit worth a damn in almost a month. Quality posting!

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Probably, but I'm still of the opinion that corner OF defense is overrated as long as you are producinng offensively. Whether a 40 year old Ibanez can continue to stay healthy and productive if he is forced to play LF regularly is another story.
    I dont believe he will...I dont mind Ibanez...as long as he's filling the role he was intended for. Him and Jones have done admirably playing more LF in Brett's absence. But I dont see it working well for an entire season.

This is why I believe we need another OF for sure.

Released Outright

Despite his heroics tonight, I still say we're best off cutting Ibanez at this point.

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/07/whi...etances-72171/

Any idea what the White Sox could give us that would actually help us out?
    Have they given up on Tyler Flowers? How has his stock held up? I know he was a top 50-ish prospect a few years ago, and the org is deep at C but...

Would probably just be broken prospect for broken prospect. The White Sox are looking for power arms and Betances has that at least. Someone should peruse a Sox board to find out which minor league prospect is currently pissing them off the most

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Have they given up on Tyler Flowers? How has his stock held up? I know he was a top 50-ish prospect a few years ago, and the org is deep at C but...
    Flowers is on the White Sox roster as the backup catcher and his numbers (albeit SSS) are worse than Martin's.

Betances for Flowers would not, IMO, improve this team.

Frankly, if we want offense from the C position, I would rather the Yankees cut Chris Stewart and promote Cervelli to be the everyday C.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

The real point of trading Upton would be to get a good return and to fill certain needs. The best trades are the ones where both teams walk away with a good haul. If all AZ is looking to do is to loot and pillage any team for Upton, a trade is not likely to happen. I don't doubt that there are teams prepared to give up a lot for Justin, but he's not exactly lighting it up this year. So I'm not sure they're in a position to rob anyone blind for him.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Justin Upton's career trajectory is uncannily similar to his brother's.

Injury history, peak to age, inconsistent performances year to year, and a reputation for lack of effort at times. (more than reputation really, some pretty public displays of displeasures by coaches on camera)

When a team is so eager to trade a player with so much talent, you have to wonder why. The reasons are obvious for all to see: he is BJ Upton.

Some teams won't care and will take a chance anyway. I hope the Yankees aren't that team.

Flowers is on the White Sox roster as the backup catcher and his numbers (albeit SSS) are worse than Martin's.

Frankly, if we want offense from the C position, I would rather the Yankees cut Chris Stewart and promote Cervelli to be the everyday C.
    Flowers reminds me of Ianetta. Good OBP skills and some pop. Not a bad player to have.

Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Despite his heroics tonight, I still say we're best off cutting Ibanez at this point.
    "cutting"? DFAing, you mean? "at this point"? Like "today"? Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    How so? What's your plan?
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Youkilis.

But seriously, it's an odd thing, because they're in first place also. Hard to imagine something working out.
    Youkilis at 3B and A-Rod at DH may actually improve the Yankees by a lot.

But yes it's not happening.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ElDandy View Post
    Brent Morel?

I really have no idea. Do they have any minor league outfielders worth knowing about?
    I really have not heard of anyone that has hit the national radar. I don't follow them at all and this really came out of nowhere.

Why would 2 contending teams start swapping mind leaguers. Maybe Rios? lol
    "Well guess what? He's dead. You just signed a dead guy." --pleasepassthesoup

That's a pretty big oversimplification, no?

He was once a fairly highly touted C prospect (#99 in '09, #60 in '10 by BA) that has been blocked by Pierzynski for all intents and purposes. The one year he was given even a remote opportunity to play, he had as iso obp of .101 and an isop of .200. He's still only 26. I don't know enough about him to really be all that helpful on his ceiling one way or the other, but Betances' stock has fallen greatly. If Flowers still has some potential to stick as a solid offensive C, seems like that might be a reasonable get for Betances at this point.

Unfortunately, Philly is being silly as always.
    And I'm sure their fans are already searching for a Phillies jersey with Cano's name on the back, with every radio host and fan saying thats a starting point for Victorino.
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Thread Information