+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

Quote Originally Posted by tim2nyy View Post
    Not that I put any great stock into Peter Gammons, but yesterday he speculated that the Phillies might try to sign Hamels and trade Cliff Lee instead: http://web.yesnetwork.com/news/artic...0628&oid=36019

He mentioned the Yankees as a potential landing spot should they try to move him. If Philly is serious about signing Hamels to an extension before the deadline, this might be an alternative strategy they would consider. Personally, I think Gammons is just spitballing about the whole situation, including the Yankees being a potential suitor. I would only be interested if the price was right.
    They could maaaybe trade Halladay if he can come back and show he's fine. Then they just give his salary+ to Hamels, all while grabbing a few prospects or some bats in return. Wouldn't be a bad way to reload.

Halladay's set to make $20 million in 2012/2013 and he has an option for $20 million in 2014 if he hits IP targets (415 in 2012-13) which he may not reach b/c of this year's injury.

I'd sure as hell pay 1.5 years of Halladay's salary (assuming you don't let him hit that IP target) for 2 full postseasons with him. It'd be less than $30 million, right?

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    When pettitte and CC come back, that's gonna round out the rotation for the postseason

Cash,an probably wants to get a pitcher who can fill in for Andy in the interim and then be shifted to the pen afterwards... That's why I'm predicting he trades for liriano
    Considering the probable cost for Liriano, why would they do that just to ultimately put him in the pen?

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    When pettitte and CC come back, that's gonna round out the rotation for the postseason

Cash,an probably wants to get a pitcher who can fill in for Andy in the interim and then be shifted to the pen afterwards... That's why I'm predicting he trades for liriano
    Wait a minute are we talking about Francisco Liriano?

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    8IP/3ER/1BB/15K tonight.

I mentioned about wanting him a while back, his numbers are still dreadful (way too many walks) but he seems like a guy Rothschild can fix.

Anyways, since May 1st: 67IP/37BB/70SO/3.63ERA (not counting tonight's numbers)

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...s-stayed-down/

He's an obvious enigma, but he could probably be had for fairly cheap.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    8IP/3ER/1BB/15K tonight.

I mentioned about wanting him a while back, his numbers are still dreadful (way too many walks) but he seems like a guy Rothschild can fix.

Anyways, since May 1st: 67IP/37BB/70SO/3.63ERA (not counting tonight's numbers)

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...s-stayed-down/

I think the Twins will ask for way too much. I wouldnt take him unless its for a few minor prospects....nothing more.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I think the Twins will ask for way too much. I wouldnt take him unless its for a few minor prospects....nothing more.
    I suspect whomever loses out on the whole Hamels and Greinke sweepstakes will make a move for him. I could see a team like the Pirates or Mets grab him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    yup... problem?
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    I'll pass.
    Quality.

Liriano is an interesting risk/reward proposition. He can still be unhittable at times. He might benefit from a change of scenery. That said, I would also resist the tempation to give up too much to get him though, assuming Sabathia doesn't have any evidence of wear/tear after his upcoming start and Pettitte continues to progress. Phelps has looked really solid regardless.

Liriano is Jekyll & Hyde. Honestly he'd be much better with the Mets with Santana as his mentor like in the past.

I would take a shot if the trade made sense.
    Boo for trading Prado.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Liriano is to consistency what Chris Farley was to fitness.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Released Outright

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

I really don't think Dempster/ Garza is gonna come to us now. They are probably gonna wait for the team who gives them young pitching AND "A highly regarded third base prospect". I don't think we have one of those do we?
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Can we trade Hughes+prospects for Dempster? Shoot, I'd do that.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

I'd rather stick an ice pick through my eyes than see Cashman trade for Liriano.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Wink Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    I really don't think Dempster/ Garza is gonna come to us now. They are probably gonna wait for the team who gives them young pitching AND "A highly regarded third base prospect". I don't think we have one of those do we?
    I happen to agree 100% that the Yankees will not trade for either one of these guys. Keep in mind, they have a huge lead in the AL East, and as long as they have that, and no major injuries, they can afford to wait (As they are doing with CC), for Gardner, Joba, Aardsma & Andy to come back. Two more points: A: Cashman does his best work in secret, so if something does occur, we will most likely be shocked. B: Keep in mind, publications like MLB Trade Rumors, and the even more worthless, Bleacher Reports, throw out the Yankees name just to get people reading their columns, quite often, without actually researching or knowing anything. For example: I saw a Bleacher Report list of some of the best and worst trades in Yankees History, and on the best trade list, this one did not make it. 11-27-1972: Traded by Cleveland Indians (with Jerry Moses) to New York Yankees for John Ellis, Jerry Kenney, Charlie Spikes and Rusty Torres. The player? Graig Nettles. The Chambliss, Randolph & Pinella trades did not make it either. That about says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler51 View Post
    I happen to agree 100% that the Yankees will not trade for either one of these guys. Keep in mind, they have a huge lead in the AL East, and as long as they have that, and no major injuries, they can afford to wait (As they are doing with CC), for Gardner, Joba, Aardsma & Andy to come back. Two more points: A: Cashman does his best work in secret, so if something does occur, we will most likely be shocked. B: Keep in mind, publications like MLB Trade Rumors, and the even more worthless, Bleacher Reports, throw out the Yankees name just to get people reading their columns, quite often, without actually researching or knowing anything. For example: I saw a Bleacher Report list of some of the best and worst trades in Yankees History, and on the best trade list, this one did not make it. 11-27-1972: Traded by Cleveland Indians (with Jerry Moses) to New York Yankees for John Ellis, Jerry Kenney, Charlie Spikes and Rusty Torres. The player? Graig Nettles. The Chambliss, Randolph & Pinella trades did not make it either. That about says it all.
    The Nettles trade really shouldn't count, because it was such obvious shenanigans on Gabe Paul's part.

It's not at all clear when or if Gardner or Aardsma will be returning this season.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

We should be focusing on finding a bat, not pitching IMO. We have CC, Pettitte, and Joba on the way. Short of Hamels or Grienke, neither of who we will be going after, any other starter offers a marginal improvement at best, and may even weaken the rotation.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

I honestly wouldn't mind if they did nothing, or if they do make a trade it's as much about next year's roster as it is this year's (eg an elite pitcher under contract/extension, an elite OF).

NYYF Legend

Justin Upton please.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Justin Upton please.
    It's not happening this month, at least, from the Yankees perspective.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

Apparently, Upton doesn't want to be a Yankee.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...rs-sunday.html
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

Ibanez and Martin are duds. Sixth in the majors in runs (23 behind Texas for the lead). They should go after a bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post

I don't think this is the case at all.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post

It's like The Yankees being on Felix's NT list... These players only do it to create leverage for themselves regarding a new contract
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Thread Information