+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 1735
  1. #551

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Well, Phelps showed us we don't need to panic for a SP.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  2. #552
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Well, Phelps showed us we don't need to panic for a SP.
    Panic? Panic? We don't need no stinkin' panic.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  3. #553

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Panic? Panic? We don't need no stinkin' panic.
    Just wait till we get a bad start from Kuroda/Hughes/Nova in one stretch. This board will be on fire.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  4. #554
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Just wait till we get a bad start from Kuroda/Hughes/Nova in one stretch. This board will be on fire.
    Unfortunately, you are right - in fact, it will probably only take 2 out of 3 to start the trade the farm system for Randy Wolf cries.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  5. #555

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Unfortunately, you are right - in fact, it will probably only take 2 out of 3 to start the trade the farm system for Randy Wolf cries.
    I'd hope not. He's been pitching like crap.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  6. #556
    Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    E. 161 St. & Rivera Ave.

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Just wait till we get a bad start from Kuroda/Hughes/Nova in one stretch. This board will be on fire.
    Yeah, but it will all be buried on page 243 of some megathread, so no one will ever see it.
    27-Time World Champions

  7. #557
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    I wonder if the Phillies would seriously consider moving Carlos Ruiz if they keep falling further out of contention. Martin has become an absolute black hole.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  8. #558

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    I wonder if the Phillies would seriously consider moving Carlos Ruiz if they keep falling further out of contention. Martin has become an absolute black hole.
    Thats funny, my friend had texted me all these fantasy trade offers for Upton, I mentioned I'd rather go for Ruiz, considering what Upton would cost.

  9. #559
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Rosenthal reporting JUpton available?

    Swoop in Cash. Old friend Towers is in charge of negotiations for the DBacks.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  10. #560
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Equestria

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Rosenthal reporting JUpton available?

    Swoop in Cash. Old friend Towers is in charge of negotiations for the DBacks.
    Trade 'em all for that dude. His slugging may be a bit down this year, but he's under contract for 3 more years and could be the longterm solution in RF after Swisher walks.

  11. #561
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Just wait till we get a bad start from Kuroda/Hughes/Nova in one stretch. This board will be on fire.

    Yeah...no. Nobody here is panicking. Saying you think the Yanks should be in on Hamels or Greinke isnt panicking. Thats not only a move for this year, its for future years. Nobody is advocating gutting the farm for Liriano or something insane like that.

    And if its true J-Upton is available (which I dont think he really is), thats definetly a guy the team should go all out for.

  12. #562
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Trade 'em all for that dude. His slugging may be a bit down this year, but he's under contract for 3 more years and could be the longterm solution in RF after Swisher walks.
    I don't know about that. But Gardner+ 3 of our best prospects would be a competitive starting point.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  13. #563
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Equestria

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    I don't know about that. But Gardner+ 3 of our best prospects would be a competitive starting point.
    Would they really want Gardner? I'm thinking Nova + Nunez + Robertson + 3 of our best prospects.

  14. #564

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post

    And if its true J-Upton is available (which I dont think he really is), thats definetly a guy the team should go all out for.

    "I'm open-minded on anybody, everybody. Even guys who have no-trade clauses," said Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers
    http://www.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_ari&c_id=ari
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  15. #565
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Yeah...no. Nobody here is panicking. Saying you think the Yanks should be in on Hamels or Greinke isnt panicking. Thats not only a move for this year, its for future years. Nobody is advocating gutting the farm for Liriano or something insane like that.

    And if its true J-Upton is available (which I dont think he really is), thats definetly a guy the team should go all out for.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...tin-upton.html

    6:59pm: The Diamondbacks are currently 39-43 and seven games out in the NL West, and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that they would consider trade offers from Justin Upton if they fall further out of contention. They will target a third baseman if they instead move closer to contention.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  16. #566
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    I still dont fully believe it...regardless of what Rosenthal reports or what the GM says. If he is though...I'd imagine every GM will be calling Arizona.

  17. #567
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Would they really want Gardner? I'm thinking Nova + Nunez + Robertson + 3 of our best prospects.
    Unless Im missing an OF bluechipper that they have in the minors to replace Upton, Im sure they'll want the young guy with a 10.7 WAR over the past 2 seasons.

    This will be a bidding war and we will have to come with it, and Gardner is coming with it. Gardner's speed and defense will play up more in the NL as well.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  18. #568

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Would they really want Gardner? I'm thinking Nova + Nunez + Robertson + 3 of our best prospects.
    As currently constructed, does that make the Yankees a better team?
    Team Northern Lights

  19. #569
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I still dont fully believe it...regardless of what Rosenthal reports or what the GM says. If he is though...I'd imagine every GM will be calling Arizona.
    Why not? I think it's smart. In a trading market that is lacking bats, Upton is going to command a HUGE haul. Look at what the Phillies are asking for Hamels, I think Upton is more valuable than Hamels, except he is under contract for 3 more years AND there aren't any other impact bats that would be available that might bring down the cost.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  20. #570
    This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    I would jump on this J Upton trade so quick. Justin Towers seems pretty open. I don't know how much he would demand. But, really for him I would empty quite a bit of people for Upton.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.


    [quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

  21. #571

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Upton would be awesome. I'd probably give up Nova if Pettitte was healthy, but since he's not it would be tough. I wonder how many teams would be willing to beat a Nova, Gardner, plus package.

  22. #572
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Equestria

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    As currently constructed, does that make the Yankees a better team?
    Probably about breaks even for this season, depending on how he does for the second half.

    For the next three years, it'll help us a lot.

  23. #573
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Probably about breaks even for this season, depending on how he does for the second half.

    For the next three years, it'll help us a lot.
    Actually, history says it would tilt towards making us better for this year even.

    But Im not a fan of giving up DRob at this point, mainly b/c we have lost our depth unless we have complete faith in Joba coming back and not missing a step.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  24. #574
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Would they really want Gardner? I'm thinking Nova + Nunez + Robertson + 3 of our best prospects.
    I'm willing to sell high on Nova as much as the next guy and Upton is an elite talent, but trading an above-average starter, a dominant reliever, and emptying your farm (three of Banuelos/Sanchez/Williams/Austin) is kinda loopy.

    This also weakens the rotation and pretty much destroys the bullpen for the year.

  25. #575
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I'm willing to sell high on Nova as much as the next guy and Upton is an elite talent, but trading an above-average starter, a dominant reliever, and emptying your farm (three of Banuelos/Sanchez/Williams/Austin) is kinda loopy.

    This also weakens the rotation and pretty much destroys the bullpen for the year.
    I think a Gardner, Banuelos/Nova, Nunez, Joseph, Williams/Austin deal would be hard to beat for any team.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts