+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 ... LastLast
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Not very good. He finished June with one RBI, two walks, and 24K's.

-Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Sure there is. Ever bought a beer at the Stadium?
    I'm 19 and live some 3,000 miles away from the Stadium, so no.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    How is Montero doing now, BTW? (Serious question--month(s) from hell here)
    There is a whole thread in around the majors where you can get the gory details but overall not particularly well.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    There is a whole thread in around the majors where you can get the gory details but overall not particularly well.

Thanks. Wonder if the Yanks "knew something"
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Released Outright

Actually, I should have responded with "That's a clown question, bro." Dammit.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Actually, I should have responded with "That's a clown question, bro." Dammit.
    That's why you're not in the big leagues yet, bro.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Thanks. Wonder if the Yanks "knew something"
    RHP owns him in the way LHP used to own Grandy.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

I suspect the best pitcher we are going to add to the roster in the next couple of months is Joba Chamberlain
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

I suspect the best pitcher we are going to add to the roster in the next couple of months is Joba Chamberlain
    Yeah, I hear you on that, and that's probably the most realistic outcome. I'd like to think that the recent thinning of the perceived glut of minor league pitching would change their minds, but we all knew the large amount of LTDs on this team would eventually hinder big name acquistions.

Still, man, Sabbathia / Hamels or Greinke / Pineda . Hughes / Nova (if not traded) looks really nice on paper.
    Team Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Yeah, I hear you on that, and that's probably the most realistic outcome. I'd like to think that the recent thinning of the perceived glut of minor league pitching would change their minds, but we all knew the large amount of LTDs on this team would eventually hinder big name acquistions.

Still, man, Sabbathia / Hamels or Greinke / Pineda . Hughes / Nova (if not traded) looks really nice on paper.
    I still think there's a shot they go after someone like Hamels in FA, but not as a rental. The cost to the farm system,combined with the commitment of another LTD, doesn't seem like the path they'd want to take

I still think there's a shot they go after someone like Hamels in FA, but not as a rental. The cost to the farm system,combined with the commitment of another LTD, doesn't seem like the path they'd want to take
    I agree. Trade, and give him the Sabathia deal.
    Team Northern Lights

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...edium=facebook

Zack Greinke doesn’t interest the Yankees, who are concerned about how players will adjust to playing in New York. The Yankees could pursue Cole Hamels, but they aim to lower payroll below $189MM by 2014 to avoid the luxury tax, so keeping the left-hander long term wouldn’t be easy given the team’s existing commitments. The Yankees like Matt Garza and he may be their most realistic option if they’re willing to meet the Cubs’ steep asking price.
    Not to stir up a myth again....but....
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF Legend

I wish that we could get Greinke. I always give a bit of leeway to players that express a desire to be a NYY (if those older reports were true) - seems like it isn't gonna happen, though.

IMO, Hamels does not deserve a Sabathia deal, especially from the Yankees. He will get something similar from a pseudo-ace starved team in the NL, and I think that's what he wants.

Garza may end up being the best fit.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...edium=facebook

Not to stir up a myth again....but....
    Keep in mind that these are the same guys who were stupid enough to sign Soriano. I wouldn't put it past them to buy into the myth. Either that or it's just an attempt to appease the fans when we wind up not trading for anybody.

Keep in mind that these are the same guys who were stupid enough to sign Soriano. I wouldn't put it past them to buy into the myth. Either that or it's just an attempt to appease the fans when we wind up not trading for anybody.
    I just thought the timing was perfect and I need to poke the sleeping tiger.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Yea well it may be beneficial to us that Soriano is ballin right now. Hopefully he will opt out lowering that number on the payroll, and if they don't sign Swisher they may have enough money to sign someone like Hamels, thats if he wants to come here. He always came off as a surfer bro to me who would want to pitch in California.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsterling View Post
    Yea well it may be beneficial to us that Soriano is ballin right now. Hopefully he will opt out lowering that number on the payroll, and if they don't sign Swisher they may have enough money to sign someone like Hamels, thats if he wants to come here. He always came off as a surfer bro to me who would want to pitch in California.

If Swisher leaves, our best bet is to sign a Right Fielder. I think I prefer someone in Right Field more then getting Hamels. I want Cole Hamels, but I think we'll be fine without him.

Nova: Despite his last game I honestly think he turned himself around. It wouldn't be too early to say this guy will most likely be a good pitcher in 2013 is it?

CC: No question about it, this guy will be awesome.

Pineda: I am probably one of those people who still think Pineda will be something good. Maybe not special, maybe not great, but still a good pitcher in my honest opinion.

Hughes: I am kinda undecisive about him. It could really go either way.

Now, Hamels, It really wouldn't surprise me at all if he went to somewhere like maybe the Dodgers. He does seem like a West Coast guy to me, and well the Dodgers have some pitching issues. I think it might be a case of money, do the Dodgers really have enough money to sign Hamels?

But, like I said, if Swisher leaves our money may be best suited for a Right Fielder unless Trade or found in Minor Leagues. I think our choices for Right Fielder this free agency is pretty low so trading for one/finding one in the minors may be our only options.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    If Swisher leaves, our best bet is to sign a Right Fielder. I think I prefer someone in Right Field more then getting Hamels. I want Cole Hamels, but I think we'll be fine without him.

Nova: Despite his last game I honestly think he turned himself around. It wouldn't be too early to say this guy will most likely be a good pitcher in 2013 is it?

CC: No question about it, this guy will be awesome.

Pineda: I am probably one of those people who still think Pineda will be something good. Maybe not special, maybe not great, but still a good pitcher in my honest opinion.

Hughes: I am kinda undecisive about him. It could really go either way.

Now, Hamels, It really wouldn't surprise me at all if he went to somewhere like maybe the Dodgers. He does seem like a West Coast guy to me, and well the Dodgers have some pitching issues. I think it might be a case of money, do the Dodgers really have enough money to sign Hamels?

But, like I said, if Swisher leaves our money may be best suited for a Right Fielder unless Trade or found in Minor Leagues. I think our choices for Right Fielder this free agency is pretty low so trading for one/finding one in the minors may be our only options.
    Garza deal is going to happen. I don't have any insider info, I just feel like it is. Even if we don't or do sign Swish we will go after another pitcher in the off season. I don't think Petite is going to come back for another year.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by coachtsurfing View Post
    Garza deal is going to happen. I don't have any insider info, I just feel like it is. Even if we don't or do sign Swish we will go after another pitcher in the off season. I don't think Petite is going to come back for another year.
    Not sure about that. With the way he pitched this year, I would imagine he's going to feel unfulfilled by missing so much time. Since he had the bug to come back this year, I almost expect he'll give it one more try. Especially with so much gas still in the tank.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Yeah, I think Andy might come back another year.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Yeah, I think Andy might come back another year.
    He's looked fantastic and maybe having two months will help him be able to come back another year at this level. Do you think Kuroda will be back then? Either way, even if we got garza we would need another pitcher to go with him whether that be hamels or even greinkie. I just don't think we need to empty the farm on the later two for being rentals. I'd shot for garza first and wandy second. wandy scares me though. he'd have run protection, but when the homers aren't flying he's going to be a liability.

Even before he got hurt I remember hearing/reading some rumblings that Andy would probably return next year and not make this just a one-year comeback.

Although I'd love to add a top-flight arm like Hamels or Greinke, I wouldn't complain about getting Garza instead. He'd come cheaper (but not cheap, most likely) and is under contract for another year.

What we can appreciate now is that the Yankees from 1996-2003 were even more extraordinary than we thought.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

He better not be our replacement for Swisher.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    He better not be our replacement for Swisher.

LOL.

The only way this happens is that Swisher goes on the DL over the weekend before McDonald is released after the AS break.

Thread Information