+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 1735
  1. #151
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    If Gardner is out a long time and the Philles become sellers what would Victorino cost in prospect(s) as a 3 month rental? He a FA at year end.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  2. #152
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeesfan924 View Post
    (If the Yankees just took the lead): Chase puts the Yankees a-HEADLEY!

    Edit: He's HEADLEY and shoulders above the rest!
    Or maybe, "Chase banks one into the stands! I wish he would give me some head!"
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  3. #153
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Orange County

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    On the MKS he said that Gardner told teammates that he should be playing again sooner then reported.

  4. #154
    Legend DJ27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Black Hills

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    On the MKS he said that Gardner told teammates that he should be playing again sooner then reported.
    Didn't he say that a month ago too??? Serious question.
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

  5. #155
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Equestria

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    I'd deal Nunez for Headley in a heartbeat, not that the Padres would ever do such a trade. Hell, I'd consider trading Nunez AND Nova for Headley.

  6. #156
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Equestria

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Then again I'm the idiot who wanted to trade everybody for Jimenez at the deadline last year. Maybe you guys shouldn't listen to me.

  7. #157

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    I'd deal Nunez for Headley in a heartbeat, not that the Padres would ever do such a trade. Hell, I'd consider trading Nunez AND Nova for Headley.
    You would trade Ivan Nova for Chase Headley? I don't know what has stunned me more - seeing someone say they wouldn't trade Nova for Hamels, or now that someone would for Chase Headley.

    Please, explain how this helps the Yankees. Because I don't understand this at all.
    Team Northern Lights

  8. #158
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    I don't see how we're a fit with the Nats seeing as they're going to want players to help them now, which obviously doesn't make sense for the Yankees. They're going to want a veteran bat.

    Well, there has already been talks b/t the Yanks and Nationals and they had parameters discussed (Nunez/Turley/Charleston OF).

    It's not always that simple either, EJax isn't going to bring back a veteran bat perse.
    Padres, Twins, and Royals don't want EJax. I don't know what other veteran bats are out there, but teams generally aren't going to want a rental for them. Meanwhile the Nats might be looking to replenish or strengthen their minors after the Gio trade. And there is always the 3 way trade.

    Either way, I like our rotation, and don't think EJax would represent an upgrade worth trading pieces in our minors for.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  9. #159
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Equestria

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    You would trade Ivan Nova for Chase Headley? I don't know what has stunned me more - seeing someone say they wouldn't trade Nova for Hamels, or now that someone would for Chase Headley.

    Please, explain how this helps the Yankees. Because I don't understand this at all.
    Headley is one of the best offensive third basemen in the game whose numbers have been held down by PETCO Park throughout his career. He could be the long-term solution at third base, and could hold down an outfield spot until Gardner comes back, letting Ibanez become the DH. Nova long term projects as a back end of the rotation starter and in my opinion is reaching the peak of his trade value. Nunez is never going to be a good major leaguer and is also at the peak of his trade value. You sell high right now and get your guy.

  10. #160

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    And "your guy" is a 28-year-old corner infielder who has never topped a .400 SLG in a full season? Rough home park or no, even his adjusted numbers are nothing special.

  11. #161
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    I don't think Headley is as bad a player as some of you are making him out to be. He's not a star by any means but he is very good.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  12. #162
    dont mess with the jesus dont_ya_know24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    You would trade Ivan Nova for Chase Headley? I don't know what has stunned me more - seeing someone say they wouldn't trade Nova for Hamels, or now that someone would for Chase Headley.

    Please, explain how this helps the Yankees. Because I don't understand this at all.
    wouldnt trade nova for either.
    cole hamels is the better pitcher, but the yankees cant afford hamels it is seeming like more and more. under this mindset it would be straight up dumb to trade nova for half a season of cole. especially as he's younger, getting better, cheaper, winning a lot of games ect. i actually think the phils would be smart to make that trade and invest in some offense given the whole ryan howard situation as well...
    I really thought I played great defense when the ball wasn't hit at me, Alex Rodriguez said.

  13. #163

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    You would trade Ivan Nova for Chase Headley? I don't know what has stunned me more - seeing someone say they wouldn't trade Nova for Hamels, or now that someone would for Chase Headley.

    Please, explain how this helps the Yankees. Because I don't understand this at all.
    With the new CBA we can't get draft picks from Hamels if he walks. Imagine giving up Nova. Hamels comes over and we miss winning the world series and he walks to the Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, etc and we get nothing.

  14. #164

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Headley is one of the best offensive third basemen in the game whose numbers have been held down by PETCO Park throughout his career. He could be the long-term solution at third base, and could hold down an outfield spot until Gardner comes back, letting Ibanez become the DH. Nova long term projects as a back end of the rotation starter and in my opinion is reaching the peak of his trade value. Nunez is never going to be a good major leaguer and is also at the peak of his trade value. You sell high right now and get your guy.
    Headley's nothing special, and has one semi decent park/league adjusted year in which his OPS didn't crack .800.

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    And "your guy" is a 28-year-old corner infielder who has never topped a .400 SLG in a full season? Rough home park or no, even his adjusted numbers are nothing special.
    This x100.
    Team Northern Lights

  15. #165

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    With the new CBA we can't get draft picks from Hamels if he walks. Imagine giving up Nova. Hamels comes over and we miss winning the world series and he walks to the Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, etc and we get nothing.
    Yeah, but the flip side of that risk is that he signs with NY, and we have a rotation of Sabathia/Hamels/Pineda at the top of it and win a bunch more.

    I'd take the risk without hesitation.
    Team Northern Lights

  16. #166
    This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by dont_ya_know24 View Post
    wouldnt trade nova for either.
    cole hamels is the better pitcher, but the yankees cant afford hamels it is seeming like more and more. under this mindset it would be straight up dumb to trade nova for half a season of cole. especially as he's younger, getting better, cheaper, winning a lot of games ect. i actually think the phils would be smart to make that trade and invest in some offense given the whole ryan howard situation as well...
    I wouldn't trade for Hamels either. Now, I am a huge Nova Supporter. LIKE HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, if he were given to us straight up for Nova then I think I would actually do it.............I would hate doing it but I would still do it. The problem is he's not gonna come to us straight up. So that's why I wouldn't trade for Hamels. But, Headley? There is absolutely no way shape or form I am trading Nova for him. Nunez that's a different story. I would even be okay with a Nunez/Hughes package. I love Hughes as well but quite frankly I am less worried with Nova on the mound then I am with Hughes.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.


    [quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

  17. #167
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    With the new CBA we can't get draft picks from Hamels if he walks. Imagine giving up Nova. Hamels comes over and we miss winning the world series and he walks to the Red Sox, Dodgers, Cubs, etc and we get nothing.
    You think the Yankees are gonna trade for Hamels and let him walk without making a significant offer?

  18. #168
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    I'd love to see the Yankees get Headley if they could buy low. I think his offensive game kicks up a notch if he's not playing 81 at Petco. He has decent opposite field power that would play much better at YS. Looking at his BIP chart from Petco in '11, 5 or 6 outs at Petco had a chance of getting into that short RF porch or over the LF wall in the corner. If the Yankees think A-Rod needs to transition from 3B soon, getting Headey would seem to make sense. The FA pool looks lean at 3B for the foreseeable future, unless they want to wait until '14 and make a run at Wright... but if the $189MM is a firm goal, Wright is probably not realistic unless they shed dollars elsewhere.

    Headley is getting expensive, particularly if he keeps his production where it is now he'll be in line for a nice raise via arb. Also, the Pads have Gyorko tearing it up in Tuscon and I'm sure they'd like to open up a spot for him.

    Conversely, Headley would probably draw interest from several teams so unfortunately it's probably a seller's market in that regard.

    That said, I wouldn't give up Nova for Headley straight up. Not when their rotation for '13 currently consists of CC and Hughes. Kuroda and Pettitte may not return, and we're still crossing our fingers with Pineda. I disagree with the previous commentary about Nova's ceiling being a back of the rotation starter.

  19. #169
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    And "your guy" is a 28-year-old corner infielder who has never topped a .400 SLG in a full season? Rough home park or no, even his adjusted numbers are nothing special.
    ~127 wRC+ since 2011. I'd say that's something special, given that he is making $3MM and is on the right side of 30. Not "break the talent bank" special, but I think you're underselling him.

  20. #170

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    ~127 wRC+ since 2011. I'd say that's something special, given that he is making $3MM and is on the right side of 30. Not "break the talent bank" special, but I think you're underselling him.
    I'll admit: he's in the midst of his second consecutive very strong season. However, some of the comments in this thread are making him sound like a perennial all-star. He's a good, solid, everyday player. Nothing more.

  21. #171

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Good solid everyday player? sounds good.

  22. #172

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Good solid everyday player? sounds good.
    Not good enough to trade a young SP for.

  23. #173

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I disagree with the previous commentary about Nova's ceiling being a back of the rotation starter.
    My hypothesis: people see the ERA and just assume that he's a back of the rotation starter. Probably don't even realize he barely has 1.5 years as a ML starter.

  24. #174
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    I'll admit: he's in the midst of his second consecutive very strong season. However, some of the comments in this thread are making him sound like a perennial all-star. He's a good, solid, everyday player. Nothing more.
    He's 5th among all qualified ML 3B in wRC+ since the start of 2011. I don't mean to nitpick over adjectives/adverbs, but I'd say he's a very good player - particularly when you factor in his cost and his versatility.

  25. #175

    Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    He's 5th among all qualified ML 3B in wRC+ since the start of 2011. I don't mean to nitpick over adjectives/adverbs, but I'd say he's a very good player - particularly when you factor in his cost and his versatility.
    How many qualified 3B are on this list?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts