+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 52 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Hot Stove/ Trade Rumors...

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksfanintoronto View Post
    I recall some posters (including myself) being concerned about his high BB/9 rate despite pitching in Oakland. In your opinion do you think he would have similar success at Yankees Stadium as he is in Washington right now? He has started in 4 Home Games out of 10 but he has only pitched in 3 Hitter friendly parks (CHC, CIN, PHI) with an incredibly low BABIP of .232.
    I honestly don't know, but it looks like he's reduced his BB rate by about 12% or so...maybe. But, yes, the BABIP piece could correct somewhat.

Either way, I'd feel pretty good about him being in our rotation right now.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

the NL will do wonders for you
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    very unlikely Soler is ready to play in the major next year
    Regardless, I'd like to see them make a run at Soler given how far away any of our OF prospects are from being ready.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

The Yankees and Nationals have had discussions that would land New York a starting pitcher, possibly right-hander Edwin Jackson, a source said on Thursday.

The idea was first mentioned a few weeks ago, when the same source mentioned that his club was working on a "big" trade.

The deal would involve Eduardo Nunez as its key piece and could include Tampa southpaw Nik Turley (currently dealing with blister issues) and an outfielder from Charleston.
    http://minormatterstrenton.blogspot....with-nats.html

meh... i feel like that package could net something bigger than jackson... people were supposedly all over nunez during the winter, but i guess his terrible defense has kicked his value down a notch
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Let me just point out how unbelievably upset I would be to trade someone like Nunez who doess have potential to be good for a sucky pitcher who doesn't really cut it for me.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    Let me just point out how unbelievably upset I would be to trade someone like Nunez who doess have potential to be good for a sucky pitcher who doesn't really cut it for me.
    You really value Nunez more highly than a pitcher who will give you 200 innings at league average or better?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    You really value Nunez more highly than a pitcher who will give you 200 innings at league average or better?
    Nunez is the next Melky.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    I never really got the attraction of him. I didn't want him when he was a free agent, and I don't want him now. Not saying this guy isn't more valuable just saying I didn't want him then and I don't want him now.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    wandy's contract is hideous, has spent his entire career in the arguably the worst division in MLB, and is pushing his mid 30's... i just don't see a fit... i know that they were close to getting him at last year's deadline, but that was more a levine move than a cashman move, and we all know what kind of baseball IQ levine has (exhibit A is my avatar)

garza may cost a lot to acquire, but he just makes sense for the yankees in every possible way (team-friendly contract situation, still in his 20's, AL east tested)... if cashman could somehow get a package centered around nova and throw in betances and someone like gumbs (who might be redundant if they re-sign cano), i'd pull the trigger

at this point, hughes has more value to the yankees as a member of their team
    Okay forget Wandy. I go with Garza like you said flymick.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    I never really got the attraction of him. I didn't want him when he was a free agent, and I don't want him now. Not saying this guy isn't more valuable just saying I didn't want him then and I don't want him now.
    You realize Nunez is bad, right?

Need another bat too.

I would love to see what Wandy Rodriguez could do on a good team. I disagree about staying away from him.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

I am soured on NL pitchers, period. I never want another career NL pitcher on the Yankees. Ever.

Garza... eyyy I don't know. The thing is: he's good. He's had success in the AL East. He's also the kind of guy that the Yankees sign and suddenly gets slightly worse, which makes him completely average. The last four full seasons he's had a WHIP right around 1.25. Too many walks and he gave up a lot of HR with TB. Righties that give up lots of home runs and walk too many batters scare me at YS. For a guy who's pitched on 3 no-pressure teams... eyyy I don't know.

NYYF Legend

So if reports are right Cash is going to trade 3 prospects for a player he could have signed as a FA.Jackson was begging for the Yanks to sign him.If these reports are true I have no idea of what there doing.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    I am soured on NL pitchers, period. I never want another career NL pitcher on the Yankees. Ever.

Garza... eyyy I don't know. The thing is: he's good. He's had success in the AL East. He's also the kind of guy that the Yankees sign and suddenly gets slightly worse, which makes him completely average. The last four full seasons he's had a WHIP right around 1.25. Too many walks and he gave up a lot of HR with TB. Righties that give up lots of home runs and walk too many batters scare me at YS. For a guy who's pitched on 3 no-pressure teams... eyyy I don't know.
    So you're not in support of getting Hamels this off season?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankyfan View Post
    So if reports are right Cash is going to trade 3 prospects for a player he could have signed as a FA.Jackson was begging for the Yanks to sign him.If these reports are true I have no idea of what there doing.
    When Jackson signed with Washington, Nova didn't suck and Pineda was healthy. Also, the deal with Washington was a product of desperation, after the teams Jackson was hoping for a big payday from had all filled their rotations and/or spent all their money. The Yankees likely couldn't have gotten him on a one-year deal.
    42 is the answer

Gets to see even more of AJ Burnett now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I would love to see what Wandy Rodriguez could do on a good team. I disagree about staying away from him.
    Are we that good of a team? Against the Reds yesterday he gave up 7 ER, 9 Hits, 2 BB and 4 Home runs.

How would he do against the AL East? We'll see how effective he is when he pitches against the AL in interleague play. Especially if he faces the Rangers.

No thanks on Wandy, he will make Freddy Garcia's BP sessions something we wish for coming into the AL East.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

Anyone concerned with the increase in Sliders Garza has been throwing in Chicago??? I just hope he doesn't have health concerns with his elbow (not saying he has any but with our recent history and his change in pitch selection makes me wonder).

He used to primarily throw FB and SI with TB but he has increased his percentage of SL w/ the CHC.

Plus his HR/FB ratio is almost double of last years. 14.8% in 2012 compared to 7.7 % but its a SSS this year. He's given up 7 of his 8 HR in 3 games on the road. I have not actually watched him pitch a single game so anyone on here who has wanna chime in about his stuff?
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

Quote Originally Posted by iYankFan4 View Post
    Are we that good of a team? Against the Reds yesterday he gave up 7 ER, 9 Hits, 2 BB and 4 Home runs.
    I know. It happens. But yes, with an offense behind him I think he could do well over the long run. Right now he pitches gems and constantly loses. Its annoying on my fantasy team.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF Legend

I really cant see the Yankees making a big trade this offseason
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Never been a huge Garza fan. I think he's okay, and that's about it.

NYYF Legend

Apparently the Cubs have strong interest in Soler: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...cubs-president

Would love it if the Yankees swoop in and sign him but I'm not very optimistic that it will happen.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Never been a huge Garza fan. I think he's okay, and that's about it.
    Ditto.

His reputation preceeds him. Theo is going to demand an Ace-like haul for him, and in the long run his production won't be significantly better than Nova or Hughes.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Ditto.

His reputation preceeds him. Theo is going to demand an Ace-like haul for him, and in the long run his production won't be significantly better than Nova or Hughes.
    An ace-like haul, no. But I certainly wouldn't let Eduardo Nunez get in the way of a Garza trade.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information