+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: 2012 Lord Stanley`s Cup : LA Kings vs. NJ Devils

I got a good feeling for the Devils...........bounce here a bounce there at it could be 2-2 in the series.........it`s been a great finals to watch thus far.......I realize this is a NY forum but fans here are missing some good hockey for a Cup final........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

The game`s afoot.....................

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

This gets a little more interesting
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Hehehehehehe.............

Dirty-ass Kings
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

If this was any other team in the East (sans Devils, Pens, Flyers, Islanders, Bruins) I'd be rooting for the East.

Absolute choke job if the Kings don't finish this.

NYYF Legend

Game 6.

Now, this series gets fun.

Kings have to be favored in game 6, but we have a series, now. If the Devils can manage to find a way to on Monday, things get interesting. IMO, Henrik Tallinder has been a gamechanger in these last two games.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    If this was any other team in the East (sans Devils, Pens, Flyers, Islanders, Bruins) I'd be rooting for the East.

Absolute choke job if the Kings don't finish this.
    Its not like the kings are getting blown out. Every game is 2-1!

And the collar tightens in LA..............is the" Classic Choke Job" in the making.........Would love a game seven.......hehehehehehhe

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    And the collar tightens in LA..............is the" Classic Choke Job" in the making.........Would love a game seven.......hehehehehehhe

No choke job at all here. Two evenly matched teams. One team has the better goalie, the other has a better coaching staff.

Devils got a couple of lucky bounces off that D-man to win games. That's hockey.

No one is being outplayed. Jonathan Quick will still be the difference for the Kings. Got to hand it to Marty though for being so steady (not spectacular) for all these years. The guys gets huge respect from me.

Quick was unbeatable in games 1 and 2, along with that shutout. He's been the difference no matter what Parise said. Devils had no answer for him in those three Kings wins. Quick should be good enough for one more win. If he's not, then the Devils will have pulled off a miracle in my book, even though I said it would go seven. Didn't expect the Devils to lose the first two in New Jersey. Kings aren't that much better.
    [

NYYF Cy Young

Also wanted to add that I am pulling for the Kings here. My #1 loyalty is to USA hockey.
    It's been that way since Lake Placid. We had Tim Thomas win the Cup and the Vezina last year and we have Jonathan Quick on pace to win the Cup and Vezina this year, along with USA's Dustin Brown as captain of the kings. Love to see USA and Canada do well in hockey.
    Great fans and great players.
    [

NYYF Legend

Have to give NJ props for making this interesting again.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

I think it's going to come down to which teams gets the lucky bounce. The teams are that evenly matched now. 4 of the 5 games were basically 2-1 games (minus one empty netter). Kings got some lucky bounces early on, the devils scored three goals off of bad Kings bounces. The Kovalchuck shot off the crossbar in game two was huge. The kings hit three posts last night. If just one of those four shots bounces in, or to a waiting player, this whole series is different. Let's see who gets the right bounce at the right time.

Frustrated Rangers fans notwithstanding, this has turned into a competitive series. It's not a "choke" or "blowout" that some seem to have purported. Other than game 3, it's been very close. I give the Devils a lot of credit, they've shown grit. That being said, I thought the series would go 6 or 7 in the Kings favor. I'm looking for the Kings to put it on the line now, I don't think they want to return to the rock for 7. I'd be surprised if the Kings don't put a lid on it in 6.
    Roger Maris = single season "natural" home-run record-holder.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    I by no means think the Devils are winning the series, but I could absolutely see them forcing a game 6. The two games in Newark were extremely evenly matched and could easily have gone the other way. Granted, they didn't go the other way and, as a result, the Devils are on the brink, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this one goes back to LA on Monday. I would be shocked if it comes back to Newark again next Wednesday, however.

Will you still be "shocked" if there's a game seven ?

I mean, these are two very evenly matched teams. Like many have said, a bounce here or there is going to determine the winner. Or are you expecting another 4-0 game for
    the Kings on home ice here ? I will say this. If the Kings don't win game six, I don't
    see them winning game 7 either. I think the Kings win game 6, but I won't be shocked
    if they lose. And I won't be shocked if the Devils lose game 7, if there is one.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    Will you still be "shocked" if there's a game seven ?

I mean, these are two very evenly matched teams. Like many have said, a bounce here or there is going to determine the winner. Or are you expecting another 4-0 game for
    the Kings on home ice here ? I will say this. If the Kings don't win game six, I don't
    see them winning game 7 either. I think the Kings win game 6, but I won't be shocked
    if they lose. And I won't be shocked if the Devils lose game 7, if there is one.
    I guess now that they've actually forced game 6, I can't say I'd be shocked if they can bring it back home for a 7th. I still unfortunately thing the Kings will win it at home, but I wouldn't be shocked at this point if they don't. The fact that they're so evenly matched is why I have a hard time believing the Devils can crawl all the way back (and why I was surprised that they fell behind 3-0 in the first place).

Good on NJ for getting to 6 but it doesn't mean ................ unless they push it to 7.

But yeah, tomorrow is a must win game for both teams. As hilarious as it would be to see the Devils push it to 7 and lose in OT, LA needs to wrap this up at home.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I'm actually rooting for hockey to end tonight. I want no chance of the Devils actually winning the Cup. Plus it's nice when a team wins the Cup at home. Hasn't happened too often lately.

NYYF Legend

I'm all in on the Devils coming back to take this. Broduer is one of the greatest of all-time and a class act, and the Devils organization has been run so well over the last 2 decades. I hope they embarass the Kings on their home ice tonight, and then win it at home for Marty.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

If the Kings don't win it tonight, they're toast.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Agree...

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I'm all in on the Devils coming back to take this. Broduer is one of the greatest of all-time and a class act, and the Devils organization has been run so well over the last 2 decades. I hope they embarass the Kings on their home ice tonight, and then win it at home for Marty.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    I don't think a team with a goalie as capable of stealing a game as Quick can ever be considered toast, but I do think the Devils shift to the driver's seat if they can pull off the upset tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

Really?
    Nope, not really.

That comment pales in comparison though to your being 100% suportive of the Heat against the Thunder via a wilful ignorance of the extreme douchebaggery and assholery of the parties involved.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Thread Information