+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Re: 2012 Lord Stanley`s Cup : LA Kings vs. NJ Devils

^

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RogerNatural View Post
    So, congrats to the LA Kings, a well-deserved champion. The Devils did not play "awful", they were just defeated by a far better team. The way the Kings played, they were a team of destiny this year. The Devils showed grit by making it a series with their 2 wins after losing the first 3. Good for the LA fans to witness winning their first SC.
    The kings were not a far better team just a far healthier one, with kovalchuck the only true difference maker on either team, injured and a shell of his usual self and several other players banged up and off their game. the injuries really started catching up to them (the Devils) and affecting their play in game 5 in the ECF, from that point on they were running out of steam
    Last edited by X marked; 06-15-12 at 12:12 PM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by X marked View Post
    The kings were not a far better team just a far healthier one, with kovalchuck the only true difference maker on either team injured and a shell of his usual self and several other players banged up and off their game. the injuries really started catching up to them and affecting their play in game 5 in the ECF, from that point on they were running out of steam
    I still think the Rangers would have found a way to beat them

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I still think the Rangers would have found a way to beat them
    They couldn't find a way to beat the Devils and you think they beat the Kings? Cool story Bro.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    They couldn't find a way to beat the Devils and you think they beat the Kings? Cool story Bro.
    I don't think the Kings were a good matchup for the Kings. And I definitely do not think the Kings go up 3-0 on the Rangers. I think it's a much closer series. Kings would have probably still been the favorites, but it would have been a much closer series.

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    I'm surprised it went this far.

The scores were close in 4 of the 6 games but LA controlled the play for almost the entire series. They got the bounces tonight and combined with their superior effort, it showed.
    they controlled the play for most of last 3 games, not so much in the first 3
    In game 1 both teams were sluggish, but the devils actually outplayed them in OT.
    Game 2 the Devils outplayed the kings, they deserved to win just as they did in those 2 losses to the rangers.
    Game 3 was closer then the score indicated, the kings came up with big offensive plays, but what they did exceptionally well (and proved adapt at in the entire series) was to break up the Devils plays in the offensive zone

IF they got the 8 billion bounces the Devils got in the series it would have been possible.

But things would have played out differently for sure. I thought the Kings would have rolled either team, and the SCF was pretty one sided despite it going 6.

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

I don't get it - for all the talk about the lucky Devil bounces, they were unlucky in games 1 and 2 -- to me, they could have easily and maybe should have won 1 or both of those games...

I guess if it makes a Rangers fan feel better that they would have beat the kings, whatever..I just think that's odd reasoning...
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    I don't get it - for all the talk about the lucky Devil bounces, they were unlucky in games 1 and 2 -- to me, they could have easily and maybe should have won 1 or both of those games...

I guess if it makes a Rangers fan feel better that they would have beat the kings, whatever..I just think that's odd reasoning...
    I agree.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    IF they got the 8 billion bounces the Devils got in the series it would have been possible.

But things would have played out differently for sure. I thought the Kings would have rolled either team, and the SCF was pretty one sided despite it going 6.
    which series are we talking about? In the ECF the Devils dominated the Rangers in each of the first 4 games, it should have been a clean sweep for the Devils.
    as for the SCF, the Kings were getting those bounces early in the round on their way to the 3-0 lead.

Quote Originally Posted by X marked View Post
    which series are we talking about? In the ECF the Devils dominated the Rangers in each of the first 4 games, it should have been a clean sweep for the Devils.
    as for the SCF, the Kings were getting those bounces early in the round on their way to the 3-0 lead.

Sure if you look at the series through black and red glasses.

In no way did you deserve to win game 1 at all. aside from an 8 minute stretch in the third and a brief moment in OT, the Kings controlled the flow of that game.

Did you forget how NJ scored their lone goal of that game? It went off of Slava Voynov's face. Kings got a huge break there

I'll give you game 2. It was the lone game where the Devils carried the play in the entire series. Kovalchuk hitting the bar was a bad break, no doubt about it but I think games 4 and 5 more than made up for that.

At one point, the Devils had a 13-2 Power play for to against ratio in the series (through the first period of game 3.) Thats more than six to one and NJ was getting away with a ton of ................ that LA was getting called for and then some.

I didn't say the Devils deserved to win game 1, but neither did the kings. the only facet the Kings controlled in that game was the devils forecheck, but they didn't generate much offense themselves. all in all it was a sloppy game by both teams that went into OT where the Devils created several good chances early on.

When I say they controlled the flow of the game, I mean the game was played at their pace and they possessed the puck for a majority of the game, which they did.

Yes, it was sloppily played by both sides the and ice conditions made the game very tough to watch, but the Kings were the better team, even if it wasn't a great performance by either side.

Thread Information