+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 110
  1. #26

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Legends food is really good and all, but it's not THAT great. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it if it weren't for free.




    A perfect advice from a man with a moniker "MoVaughnEatsAlot


    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  2. #27

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    If it were not at Yankee Stadium or any other baseball park, I could understand some fussy restaurant that's of the "jackets only" policy requesting a removal of hats. However, in this case, I can't see the reason for this.

    Sooner or later, the restaurants will need to adjust to the likely clientele, rather than the other way around.


    They have more than enough on the spot "cancellation" due to this BS - which is why there are ALWAYS spots available for walk-in. They used to be "reservation" only during game day. Now you can just walk up and request for a table and they will be glad to find you one.


    In the meantime, for Hard Rock Cafe - during game day, you will have to wait for an hour or so, and the waiting list is at least 20 people long. And the people on the waiting list would not mind the wait/
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend

    GordonGecko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York City

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post



    A perfect advice from a man with a moniker "MoVaughnEatsAlot


    Legends food is pretty good. I'd rate it between a 4.0 and 4.5 star restaurant, on par with the Delta Club at MSG. The 1879 club at MSG is definitely a lot better though

  4. #29

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    I can't imagine waiting 5 minutes for a table at Hard Rock. The food is, at best, mediocre. I'd rather just grab something inside the Stadium.

  5. #30

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    I always thought the Hard Rock was like Applebees and Fridays

  6. #31
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    I always thought the Hard Rock was like Applebees and Fridays
    Food wise yes the reason to go to a Hard Rock (or a Planet Hollywood for that matter) is the rock memorabilia and surroundings. If the food is good, that is a bonus.
    Life is good!

  7. #32
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philly Burbs

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Legends food is pretty good. I'd rate it between a 4.0 and 4.5 star restaurant, on par with the Delta Club at MSG. The 1879 club at MSG is definitely a lot better though
    Really?? I personally wouldn't rate it that high, at least in the few times I've eaten it.

  8. #33

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    I always thought the Hard Rock was like Applebees and Fridays

    I would have to agree with you. You just want to watch the games when you are there.


    I refuse to pay 3x as much at NYY steak - thanks but no thanks!


    But when you at HRC, do try the Legendary burger - the only item on the menu that worth the price.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  9. #34
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    I went to Legends once and found the food to be very good. In terms of food I've purchased at an athletic/concert event, the best. Would I pay $800 on up? No but for the $300 I spent I would do it again coupled with where the seats are.
    Life is good!

  10. #35

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Really?? I personally wouldn't rate it that high, at least in the few times I've eaten it.

    If you were there EARLY, then yes, it deserved a high-rating comparison.


    But if you get there by the 6th inning or later, you might as well pack and go.

    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  11. #36

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    I always thought the Hard Rock was like Applebees and Fridays
    I don't think you get that much spit in your food.

  12. #37
    Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Queens

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    On an off day they're pretty good. My mother and I ate there for lunch before a tour when the Yankees were on the road. It was maybe 20-25% full and the prices were lower than game days and the food was good.

    edit: of course, the menu was a bit more limited.

    They actually didn't plan for there to be a second restaurant. They put the Hard Rock there kind of last-minute since they had unplanned extra space.

  13. #38

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    On an off day they're pretty good. My mother and I ate there for lunch before a tour when the Yankees were on the road. It was maybe 20-25% full and the prices were lower than game days and the food was good.

    edit: of course, the menu was a bit more limited.

    They actually didn't plan for there to be a second restaurant. They put the Hard Rock there kind of last-minute since they had unplanned extra space.

    I guess that is a good mistake for the stadium then - Hard Rock Cafe generates more revenues on game day basis than NYY Steak. If NYY Steak learned anything from the last couple years in loss, they should eliminate the strict rule that should not apply to baseball fans along with the ridiculous pricing. Yeah, it is cool to have your name "scratch" onto the the steak you are having, but that wears off quickly once the check arrived.

    And the attitude of "we are better than Hard Rock Cafe" by NYY Steak's greeters, that should change also.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  14. #39
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    They actually didn't plan for there to be a second restaurant. They put the Hard Rock there kind of last-minute since they had unplanned extra space.
    I'm actually surprised by this since NYY Steak is modeled after the Council Oak steakhouse in Tampa- same management I believe- and that is also within a Hard Rock Cafe. You walk through the Hard Rock and Casino to get to the restaurant.

    http://www.seminolehardrocktampa.com...ts/council-oak

  15. #40

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    The last time I check, I dont see anyone in LEGENDS were told to remove their hat!
    At the Stadium Club in Old Yankee Stadium you had to dress up. Does anyone remember the rules on hats there? Perhaps NYY Steak is modelled after that.

  16. #41
    NYYF Cy Young

    Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    On an off day they're pretty good. My mother and I ate there for lunch before a tour when the Yankees were on the road. It was maybe 20-25% full and the prices were lower than game days and the food was good.

    edit: of course, the menu was a bit more limited.

    They actually didn't plan for there to be a second restaurant. They put the Hard Rock there kind of last-minute since they had unplanned extra space.
    ??? I have HOK plans dated Feb 21, 2006 and the area HRC is in is labled "PUBLIC RESTAURANT." So they certainly planned to have a restaurant in that location in early 2006.

  17. #42

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    At the Stadium Club in Old Yankee Stadium you had to dress up. Does anyone remember the rules on hats there? Perhaps NYY Steak is modelled after that.
    no hats... no sandals and no shorts

  18. #43
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    They have more than enough on the spot "cancellation" due to this BS - which is why there are ALWAYS spots available for walk-in. They used to be "reservation" only during game day. Now you can just walk up and request for a table and they will be glad to find you one.


    In the meantime, for Hard Rock Cafe - during game day, you will have to wait for an hour or so, and the waiting list is at least 20 people long. And the people on the waiting list would not mind the wait/
    I've never been to the new Stadium, but I went a few times to the old one. The FPs here got me started on that.

    If you have the corporate types who make a living as bankers or corporate raiders, then they won't likely be wearing baseball caps. Then again, maybe.

    A typical baseball fan will look like the guy coming into a bar wearing (what else?) a baseball cap and shooting pool. Purely blue collar, working class. People like that aren't going to want to remove their cap, and they don't want fancy prices.

    I can't believe that their staff claims to be better than the Hard Rock Cafe (which I've never been to, including its various incarnations on 57th St, then on 43rd or so St in Times Sq. Still, which real restaurant has their staff claiming to be "better" than another place? Serve the grub, let the customers decide for themselves. Otherwise, a place sounds petty and hollow.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  19. #44
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    no hats... no sandals and no shorts
    I'll bet that they never served hot dobs.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

  20. #45

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by bl73 View Post
    At the Stadium Club in Old Yankee Stadium you had to dress up. Does anyone remember the rules on hats there? Perhaps NYY Steak is modelled after that.

    They have no short and no sandals policy (as far as I can remembered) but they did not have NO hat policy.


    I was there a number of times with my fitted, and I was never ever told to remove the hat.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  21. #46
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    LaFayette, NY

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I can't imagine waiting 5 minutes for a table at Hard Rock. The food is, at best, mediocre. I'd rather just grab something inside the Stadium.
    Overpriced mediocre food with High Pitch Eric working security (at least he was last year).
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

  22. #47

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    I guess that is a good mistake for the stadium then - Hard Rock Cafe generates more revenues on game day basis than NYY Steak. If NYY Steak learned anything from the last couple years in loss, they should eliminate the strict rule that should not apply to baseball fans along with the ridiculous pricing. Yeah, it is cool to have your name "scratch" onto the the steak you are having, but that wears off quickly once the check arrived.

    And the attitude of "we are better than Hard Rock Cafe" by NYY Steak's greeters, that should change also.
    Never ever heard, a greeter say that...

  23. #48

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Never ever heard, a greeter say that...




    If I could record the conversations I had with some of them - during their break and see the big crowd waiting for HRC, while they have empty table in NYY Steak.


    Even though NYY Steak greeters are a "easier on the eyes" but that alone would not encourage me to eat there again. I still like the pretzel bread, though. Cool concept.


    If I want to look at good looking ladies, I would have eaten at Billy's - there are a lot there!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  24. #49

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    Overpriced mediocre food with High Pitch Eric working security (at least he was last year).

    Eric will be there as long as his schedule let him be. A cool dude to say the least. He still get annoyed of people asking for picture when his HRC managers are around.


    So, if Eric saying NO to taking picture - it is because his managers are lurking around!


    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

  25. #50

    Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

    It escapes me as to why a casual chain restaurant like HRC is being compared to a fine dining experience like NYY Steak. These are two completely different types of eateries with two completely different target audiences. Just because they are both at the Stadium does not mean the clientele and the "rules" will or should be be interchangeable.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts