+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

Hey fellow fans, anyone who is interested in going to NYY STEAK you can now book a reservation online at opentable.com . Just put in NYY STEAK as restaurant name and do it!!
    The steak is absolutely delicious.. Lunch menu cheaper !!

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Re: NYY STEAK at Yankee Stadium

"Cheaper" for the lunch menu is all relative.

http://www.opentable.com/nyy-steak-n...205:30:00%20PM,

^^ The regular price is $50 and OVER. ^^
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

The place is OVER-Priced!

I have a better time with Hard Rock Cafe and it's "heart attack" Legendary Burger!

Another thing, I dont need to remove my hat to have a dinner!

As for having your name carved into your t-bone steak, it gets old really quick when the check arrive!

Thanks but no thanks!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

I wanted to check it out at least once but I thought the prices were comparable to good steakhouses in the city, is it more than 45-55 bucks for a cut? I can live with that for a splurge, seeing that the ticket to the game will be like 2 bucks on sh lol

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    "Cheaper" for the lunch menu is all relative.

http://www.opentable.com/nyy-steak-n...205:30:00%20PM,

^^ The regular price is $50 and OVER. ^^
    They actually aren't awful for lunch- the steak sandwich is really good for $20

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    I wanted to check it out at least once but I thought the prices were comparable to good steakhouses in the city, is it more than 45-55 bucks for a cut? I can live with that for a splurge, seeing that the ticket to the game will be like 2 bucks on sh lol
    Take a look at the menu... http://nyysteak.com/index.php/locati...stadium/menus/

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    27oz ribeye is calling me

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

All this talk about steaks has me ready to find a steak house.
    Life is good!

I went for my 20th birthday two years ago. the yankees were playing the mariners in a day game. me and my family left the game around the 8th inning and made it in time for the lunch menu. we watched the rest of the game on tv and the food was great. the steak sandwich was fantastic, along with the nyy steak 151 volcano which was on the house. i want to go for dinner but the menu does seem crazy. but if you ever wanna go to check it out, def go for lunch.

It's not cheap but every time I've been there, it has been very good. I wouldn't go there 81 times per season but as a splurge or special occasion (as my brother-in-law and I did before game 3 of the '09 World Series) it has been worth it every time I've gone.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Forum Regular

We went once, had a very nice meal. Actually used it as a break for Old Timers Day, we watched all the intro's from our seats, went to NYY Steak during the Old Timers Game, and then returned to our seats for the regular game.
    former 10 yr plan holder, now on the Hub

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    The place is OVER-Priced!

I have a better time with Hard Rock Cafe and it's "heart attack" Legendary Burger!

As for having your name carved into your t-bone steak, it gets old really quick when the check arrive!

Thanks but no thanks!
    I figured with all your connections you would get free steak.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Devoted Member

This is a joke, right? It's simple common courtesy to remove your hat in a restaurant. (Unless you are talking about fast-food joints.)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    This is a joke, right? It's simple common courtesy to remove your hat in a restaurant. (Unless you are talking about fast-food joints.)
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Que Jibaro!

How many people going to a baseball game without having a fitted cap on? or some kind of hat?

Unless you are a fake-ass-corporate-type who go to the game because your corporation gave you free tickets, then being in your three piece suit is okay.

This is another reason why, more fans willing to wait an hour and more for a table at Hard Rock Cafe - and it is NOT a fast food place.

I went with a group of friends - and the person who will be picking up the check is just a normal guy (in fact he is not), he was offended when they TOLD him he as to removed his fitted hat before they can sit the group of eight. He just laugh and then tell them to cancel the reservation and we just left. We end up having a good time at hard rock cafe without a fuss.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

That place is really good. Lots of people talk about Keens, but I personally don't like it there. NYYSteak is one of the more memorable meals I've had. Awesome service, ask for Maureen to be your waitress. I go once a year, always has been one of my best tasting meals.

The last time I check, I dont see anyone in LEGENDS were told to remove their hat!

And Legends food are a whole lot better then NYY steak.

As for the final cost of both - they are the same, but at least Legends give you better food, better service and best view of the game - without the hassle of removing your hat at a STADIUM event.

The last time I check, I dont see anyone in LEGENDS were told to remove their hat!

And Legends food are a whole lot better then NYY steak.

As for the final cost of both - they are the same, but at least Legends give you better food, better service and best view of the game - without the hassle of removing your hat at a STADIUM event.
    Food is that good in legends, huh? Hopefully I get to try both this summer

Quote Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
    Food is that good in legends, huh? Hopefully I get to try both this summer

Yes, it is that good and more.

And if you are lucky enough, you might have your food cook by a five-star chef. You can check for guest-chef on the yankees website.

Be really hungry so you can eat as often as possible. Save a little room for those sweet deserts.

When I have legends access - I will go and eat every 3 innings! And in between innings, I might run and get something quick on the plate head back to the seats and enjoy the game.

Why would I paid for the same amount and getting less by going to NYY Steak? If you are planning to spend at NYY Steak, you might as well getting yourself a legends seat.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore View Post
    I figured with all your connections you would get free steak.

I would.

But those redemptions would cost me a couple more season tickets so I guess it is not worth the "price of the admission".

Or if I use the hookup within the restaurant for free meal - that would cost me boston/mets/playoff tickets - thanks but no thanks.

NYYF Cy Young

Legends food is really good and all, but it's not THAT great. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat it if it weren't for free.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    They actually aren't awful for lunch- the steak sandwich is really good for $20
    Well, if I'm paying $20 for anything called FOOD, it sure as heck better not be awful. If I pay $1.79 for a Whopper Jr, and that tastes good, then everything else should at least taste "good" to "very good", especially at 11 times the price.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

How many people going to a baseball game without having a fitted cap on? or some kind of hat?

Unless you are a fake-ass-corporate-type who go to the game because your corporation gave you free tickets, then being in your three piece suit is okay.

This is another reason why, more fans willing to wait an hour and more for a table at Hard Rock Cafe - and it is NOT a fast food place.

I went with a group of friends - and the person who will be picking up the check is just a normal guy (in fact he is not), he was offended when they TOLD him he as to removed his fitted hat before they can sit the group of eight. He just laugh and then tell them to cancel the reservation and we just left. We end up having a good time at hard rock cafe without a fuss.
    If it were not at Yankee Stadium or any other baseball park, I could understand some fussy restaurant that's of the "jackets only" policy requesting a removal of hats. However, in this case, I can't see the reason for this.

Sooner or later, the restaurants will need to adjust to the likely clientele, rather than the other way around.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    Well, if I'm paying $20 for anything called FOOD, it sure as heck better not be awful. If I pay $1.79 for a Whopper Jr, and that tastes good, then everything else should at least taste "good" to "very good", especially at 11 times the price.
    Eh that's not quite a fair comparison because who knows what chemicals and stuff BK puts in that whopper to make it taste good.

Thread Information