+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Verizon FIOS

  1. #1
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Verizon FIOS

    Anyone has FIOS in NYC? I'm wondering what the actual costs are after taxes, extra charges, et cetera.

    I pay $150 for cablevision with one DVR, Three HD boxes and internet. Would love to lower costs if possible. Please advise ya'll.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    West Nyack New York

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    I pay $160 for DVR , 2 HD boxes, 1 regular box and internet , phone & every movie channel plus on demand for the movie channels…. .. First year was $159, just sign up for 2 more years at $160…. They always have deals… I had cablevision before this... It went up a buck or 2 every few months… on demand was $5 for the movie channels or an extra 20 buck…. i paid $173 with cable with no DVR and only HBO...

  3. #3
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    We pay around $140 a month with 5 boxes and phone/internet. We have Sho, TMC, Flix and a lot of other channels.

    Can't complain, unless you have to call customer service at any point. My advice is to use the chat function (before you sign up to ask questions and after instead of trying to get a live person on the phone). It is a lot less frustrating than waiting on the phone.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  4. #4
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    I switched from Optimum Online (Cablevision) to FiOS about a year ago. OO was just awful; download speeds sucked and I had constant connectivity issues, both of which sucked as an avid online gamer.

    FiOS otoh has been terrific. I don't know how much we pay a month, but I'm fairly certain it's cheaper than OO; I can usually download a ~3GB file in about 20 minutes which is fairly neat.

    Definitely switch if the opportunity arises.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I switched from Optimum Online (Cablevision) to FiOS about a year ago. OO was just awful; download speeds sucked and I had constant connectivity issues, both of which sucked as an avid online gamer.

    FiOS otoh has been terrific. I don't know how much we pay a month, but I'm fairly certain it's cheaper than OO; I can usually download a ~3GB file in about 20 minutes which is fairly neat.

    Definitely switch if the opportunity arises.
    Yeah, we were paying a lot more with Optimum (over $200 a month as opposed to $140 with Verizon Fios). It's only good for 2 years tho then we will see what happens.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  6. #6
    NYYF Legend

    Nome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Branchburg, NJ 08876

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Yeah, we were paying a lot more with Optimum (over $200 a month as opposed to $140 with Verizon Fios). It's only good for 2 years tho then we will see what happens.

    Like anytrhing else, the prices will rise. They'll see how much you are willing to pay

    Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

  7. #7
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    I'm so jealous of anyone who has FIOS as an option. For me it is either Cablevision or satellite and neither is very appealing to me.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  8. #8
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    Yeah, FIOS is sounding good, plus they have the NFL network. I have no movie channels with Cablevision, just a large bill and unstable internet.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    I have Direct TV. $200 for 3 boxes and 1HD box.

  10. #10
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    Yeah, FIOS is sounding good, plus they have the NFL network. I have no movie channels with Cablevision, just a large bill and unstable internet.
    Yea, my internet connection was pretty much awful -- it wasn't very good when it worked, either (Call of Duty and all that other stuff lagged a ton).

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    Yeah, FIOS is sounding good, plus they have the NFL network. I have no movie channels with Cablevision, just a large bill and unstable internet.
    More importantly, Fios has NFL RedZone, which is pretty much the greatest channel ever invented if you're a football fan.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  12. #12
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Verizon FIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    More importantly, Fios has NFL RedZone, which is pretty much the greatest channel ever invented if you're a football fan.
    DirecTV has NFL Sunday Ticket. The greatest multi-channel invention if you're an NFL fan.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts