+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Verizon FIOS

NYYF Cy Young

Verizon FIOS

Anyone has FIOS in NYC? I'm wondering what the actual costs are after taxes, extra charges, et cetera.

I pay $150 for cablevision with one DVR, Three HD boxes and internet. Would love to lower costs if possible. Please advise ya'll.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

NYYF Legend

Re: Verizon FIOS

I pay $160 for DVR , 2 HD boxes, 1 regular box and internet , phone & every movie channel plus on demand for the movie channels…. .. First year was $159, just sign up for 2 more years at $160…. They always have deals… I had cablevision before this... It went up a buck or 2 every few months… on demand was $5 for the movie channels or an extra 20 buck…. i paid $173 with cable with no DVR and only HBO...

NYYF Legend

We pay around $140 a month with 5 boxes and phone/internet. We have Sho, TMC, Flix and a lot of other channels.

Can't complain, unless you have to call customer service at any point. My advice is to use the chat function (before you sign up to ask questions and after instead of trying to get a live person on the phone). It is a lot less frustrating than waiting on the phone.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

I switched from Optimum Online (Cablevision) to FiOS about a year ago. OO was just awful; download speeds sucked and I had constant connectivity issues, both of which sucked as an avid online gamer.

FiOS otoh has been terrific. I don't know how much we pay a month, but I'm fairly certain it's cheaper than OO; I can usually download a ~3GB file in about 20 minutes which is fairly neat.

Definitely switch if the opportunity arises.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    I switched from Optimum Online (Cablevision) to FiOS about a year ago. OO was just awful; download speeds sucked and I had constant connectivity issues, both of which sucked as an avid online gamer.

FiOS otoh has been terrific. I don't know how much we pay a month, but I'm fairly certain it's cheaper than OO; I can usually download a ~3GB file in about 20 minutes which is fairly neat.

Definitely switch if the opportunity arises.
    Yeah, we were paying a lot more with Optimum (over $200 a month as opposed to $140 with Verizon Fios). It's only good for 2 years tho then we will see what happens.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Yeah, we were paying a lot more with Optimum (over $200 a month as opposed to $140 with Verizon Fios). It's only good for 2 years tho then we will see what happens.

Like anytrhing else, the prices will rise. They'll see how much you are willing to pay

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

I'm so jealous of anyone who has FIOS as an option. For me it is either Cablevision or satellite and neither is very appealing to me.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Cy Young

Yeah, FIOS is sounding good, plus they have the NFL network. I have no movie channels with Cablevision, just a large bill and unstable internet.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

NYYF Legend

I have Direct TV. $200 for 3 boxes and 1HD box.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    Yeah, FIOS is sounding good, plus they have the NFL network. I have no movie channels with Cablevision, just a large bill and unstable internet.
    Yea, my internet connection was pretty much awful -- it wasn't very good when it worked, either (Call of Duty and all that other stuff lagged a ton).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    More importantly, Fios has NFL RedZone, which is pretty much the greatest channel ever invented if you're a football fan.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    More importantly, Fios has NFL RedZone, which is pretty much the greatest channel ever invented if you're a football fan.
    DirecTV has NFL Sunday Ticket. The greatest multi-channel invention if you're an NFL fan.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Thread Information