+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If Mariano Rivera pitched his last game ...

... Then I am very happy that I didnt exchange the 4/30 game.

If Mo retires, then it would be the most valuable ticket stub to be had - Mariano LAST save!

If I am not mistaken, the 4/30 is part of sunday and 9-game partial. I bet there would be more Sunday plans than 9-games partial in existence!

Furthermore, most if not all sunday STH, 4/30 is the the first game that every one went to get exchange!

I guess there would be a lot of UPSET partial plans out there if they exchange their tickets. But then again, they would only be upset if they were a collector, if not, it is just another game!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Re: If Mariano Rivera pitched his last game ...

That ticket is sitting right in front of me as I type.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    That ticket is sitting right in front of me as I type.

I am still searching for mine - dont where I put them tickets. I normally put them in an envelope and throw it in the shoes box like the rest.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

I mean I usually don't voice opinions on this site, I usually just listen.
    Or read lol, but if the value of the ticket stub is the one of the things on your mind less than a day after this injury thats pretty messed up in my opinion.
    And I'm a fellow collector just like you. I read other post where other members are bashing you cause all you care about is value, I guess it's true

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post

If Mo retires, then it would be the most valuable ticket stub to be had - Mariano LAST save!

If I am not mistaken, the 4/30 is part of sunday and 9-game partial. I bet there would be more Sunday plans than 9-games partial in existence!

Furthermore, most if not all sunday STH, 4/30 is the the first game that every one went to get exchange!

I guess there would be a lot of UPSET partial plans out there if they exchange their tickets. But then again, they would only be upset if they were a collector, if not, it is just another game!
    His last save was on April 30th but that was Monday as opposed to Sunday...

Haters will hate!

Broke-ass will always envy!

If you dont value for something you care about, why would you care in the first place?

You dont see me talk about Cano, Alex, Teixeira and the rest of the Yankees lineup - why? Because I dont care about it!

As for Jeter and Mariano on the other hand, if you dont care about the value associated to them, I have links after links on how ... "my mother throw away my comics collection" or "how baseball card collection in the '50s was destroyed" and more blah blah blah!

If you dont care much about Mariano's Last Save, then that is just that! But chances are, there are more than enough collectors who ARE not STH who would pay premium for the item - then why not?

This is the same as money laying on the floor and people walking by without picking up it. Or, one man's garbage is another AUCTION's gold mine!

Haters will hate!

Broke-ass will always envy!

If you dont value for something you care about, why would you care in the first place?

You dont see me talk about Cano, Alex, Teixeira and the rest of the Yankees lineup - why? Because I dont care about it!

As for Jeter and Mariano on the other hand, if you dont care about the value associated to them, I have links after links on how ... "my mother throw away my comics collection" or "how baseball card collection in the '50s was destroyed" and more blah blah blah!

If you dont care much about Mariano's Last Save, then that is just that! But chances are, there are more than enough collectors who ARE not STH who would pay premium for the item - then why not?

This is the same as money laying on the floor and people walking by without picking up it. Or, one man's garbage is another AUCTION's gold mine!
    I think you missed the point. I think he was trying to say that, if the first thing you think of when you hear about a potential career ending injury is the dollars you can swindle from some tear jerker fan / collector, then your life is pretty sad indeed. It makes you an opportunistic vulture, and that type of person isn't wanted anywhere.
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfallibleOne View Post
    I think you missed the point. I think he was trying to say that, if the first thing you think of when you hear about a potential career ending injury is the dollars you can swindle from some tear jerker fan / collector, then your life is pretty sad indeed. It makes you an opportunistic vulture, and that type of person isn't wanted anywhere.

Where do I mentioned about selling?

If anything, this was pointed to those who complained about 9-games and sunday plans, and how mass of them running to the box office to "get rid" of Baltimore games in April!

I didnt get rid of mine! It is just another game for me and it was a Yankees win and a Mariano's save is all I care about! Being a Mariano's collector, I kept EVERY Save ticket stub that I went to. And if my budget allows, when Mariano has a paid public signing, I will be there and get as many signed as possible!

Now I have members asking me if I have extra and willing to sell any of them. This could be a test or it could be a real request - either way, my reply was "I only have four and I am keep them as a sheet of four. Go on eBay and you might find some on there."

As for being opportunist - if the armored truck accidentally dropped a package where I happened to walk by, you will not see "A good samaritan returns a two-million in cash to the armored truck company".

There is no opportunist in Mariano's freak accident - since there ARENT much STH stub to be sold. And whoever have one of those in their collection and willing to part with it - there is a market for that!

Quote Originally Posted by tucktuck View Post
    His last save was on April 30th but that was Monday as opposed to Sunday...

April 30th tickets are part of 9-games plan and sunday plan. And the stadium was half empty!

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

I hope Mo comes back and makes another save.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    I hope Mo comes back and makes another save.

I been praying that it is NOT the last save! I would rather have the Yankees win it all than any individual accomplishment!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mariano...KLzjpDHmk5nYcB

He is coming back next year!

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfallibleOne View Post
    That's exactly what I was trying to say. Fanatic I'm not a hater. And most of the time I tend to agree with you. I'm a collector too as you might know. And yes. I put a lot of value in my collection. But the last thing on my mind was how much more it would be worth . It seems that's all you care about ? I'm not saying it is but that's how you come across.
    As of now it looks like he will be back, which is all I care about. So your stub is worthless.

Addicted Member

Michael Kay just said on the pregame show that Mo stated he would pitch again and that he doesn't want to go out that way

Quote Originally Posted by jpug1 View Post
    That's exactly what I was trying to say. Fanatic I'm not a hater. And most of the time I tend to agree with you. I'm a collector too as you might know. And yes. I put a lot of value in my collection. But the last thing on my mind was how much more it would be worth . It seems that's all you care about ? I'm not saying it is but that's how you come across.
    As of now it looks like he will be back, which is all I care about. So your stub is worthless.

If I decide to keep my stub - none of them will be worthless! If I deem them to be worthless, I would have shredded them and then recycle for the worms in the back!

My friend who own a acrylic store traded with me for a box of stubs which I consider as dust collecting items - he turned them into collectible table top! And people are paying a premium for these awesome looking table top!

(it is a clear acrylic table with tickets floating in them - that was some heavy piece of art)

Fanatic... Whatever you say man..like someone said on another thread you just don't get it!

Oh I got it.

More like I got so much "junk" and "worthless" items that people keep asking if I can get more. To each his own I guess.

And if you have READ the title, you would have understood what the thread was about - "If Mariano Rivera pitched his last game ...

If it would have said "Mariano is done with legendary career and his last SAVE was 4/30/12" ... if you got those season ticket stub, I will buy them for $10 each so I can sell it for $50 each. Then I wonder how many "opportunistic" people would run and look for these stub so they can make 5x profit!

It wasnt about neither! It was about "keeping the junk games and going to the junk games and having an opportunity to watch something special happened". Those who didnt, were running to box office and returning them like they are running out of style. The same can be said about Mariano's 602nd save. How many have the original tickets from 4/16 when it was a rained out? Not to many! Most would have the worthless printout tickets from 9/19.

And here is another "worthless item that sold for more than anyone can imagine."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/buckner...Ei7Ozf5KkRvLYF

I have a couple friends who happened to be died-hard Mets fans - whom willing to spend $50,000 for the same baseball a while back! Once the maximum bid is reached, they were disappointed. If they could have put another $20k additional, they would have made a nice return.

The ball was sold at a loss back then and now you have "a fool and his deep pocket" who willing to pay premium for a "worthless" item.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

and here is another "worthless item that sold for more than anyone can imagine."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/buckner...ei7ozf5kkrvlyf

i have a couple friends who happened to be died-hard mets fans - whom willing to spend $50,000 for the same baseball a while back! Once the maximum bid is reached, they were disappointed. If they could have put another $20k additional, they would have made a nice return.

The ball was sold at a loss back then and now you have "a fool and his deep pocket" who willing to pay premium for a "worthless" item.
    fanatic... Whatever you say man..like someone said on another thread you just don't get it!
    qft....
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

And here is another "worthless item that sold for more than anyone can imagine."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/buckner...Ei7Ozf5KkRvLYF

I have a couple friends who happened to be died-hard Mets fans - whom willing to spend $50,000 for the same baseball a while back! Once the maximum bid is reached, they were disappointed. If they could have put another $20k additional, they would have made a nice return.

Out of an entire thread full of your BS, I believe this part the least.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Let's play nice, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Let's play nice, folks.

There is no need for niceness. I am okay with it.

This reminds me of the OWS. The 99% who doesnt have find the way to teach the 1% how to spend their hard earned funds.

This is not about the have and the have not. This is about the have-not teaching the have how to spend the money on items which deemed worthless by the have-not.

As far as BS goes, there are people in this forum have seen my worthless items and they all want some. But when I mentioned the price which I paid for the item, the best they can say is "more power to you, but damn that is a nice item to have."

I dont have 20 kids running around, no 5 cars and 6 mortgages. What I do have are two full season packages on field level and it is worth every penny to me even if it was April games! I am going to these games for FREE, since most of the premium games have been covered at a rate of 3:1 not to mention the Opening game was traded at 6:1. And when playoff goes around, that is another 4:1 if not more! So why the hell not!

And the other part of my disposable income - Yankees collectibles. If I can afford it and knowing that it's a one-of-one item, there is a very good chance someone will pay a premium for it when the time is right! And when I do decide to flip the item, the extra funds would go back in the disposable fund and the cycle begins again.

Dont get upset about what others do with their money. You have your priority and they have theirs.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

There is no need for niceness. I am okay with it.

This reminds me of the OWS. The 99% who doesnt have find the way to teach the 1% how to spend their hard earned funds.

This is not about the have and the have not. This is about the have-not teaching the have how to spend the money on items which deemed worthless by the have-not.

As far as BS goes, there are people in this forum have seen my worthless items and they all want some. But when I mentioned the price which I paid for the item, the best they can say is "more power to you, but damn that is a nice item to have."

I dont have 20 kids running around, no 5 cars and 6 mortgages. What I do have are two full season packages on field level and it is worth every penny to me even if it was April games! I am going to these games for FREE, since most of the premium games have been covered at a rate of 3:1 not to mention the Opening game was traded at 6:1. And when playoff goes around, that is another 4:1 if not more! So why the hell not!

And the other part of my disposable income - Yankees collectibles. If I can afford it and knowing that it's a one-of-one item, there is a very good chance someone will pay a premium for it when the time is right! And when I do decide to flip the item, the extra funds would go back in the disposable fund and the cycle begins again.

Dont get upset about what others do with their money. You have your priority and they have theirs.
    You're just off base here. You're making huge assumptions about other people, and you're completely oblivious to the reason people are taking issue with this thread. That you think the response in this thread is somehow about "envy" or is akin to OWS is mind-boggling.

I don't think anyone begrudges you making a few bucks on collectibles, but many are finding this thread in incredibly poor taste. Mariano is not only a great baseball player, but a class act -- one of the few star athletes that is actually someone a kid could look up to. And, the day after he suffers a potentially career-ending injury, people just don't want to talk about the value that might be wrought from his potential last save. It shouldn't be that hard to understand.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

There isnt any mentioned on the selling of the tickets stub.

There isnt any mentioned of buying and making profit on the freak accident.

There isnt any selling pitch and so forth.

It is all about envy and people who has 9-game plan and sunday plans were offended when they trade off their "meaningless" April game!

From being offended, it turned to "you could have done this and that would your money" and your "worthless" collectibles.

I could care less what those envy do with their money. But they care too much about what I do with mine! Now is that what the BS OWS is all about? (that is where the comparison kicks in).

I have met Mariano so many times that I have lost count. He is one person on the team that I truly respect - I even met his wife (a normal person who is NOT high maintenance like the rest - she is just like a person next door. And you would not even know that she is Mariano's wife if she sat right next to you.)

Bottom line, this thread was about the WHAT IF and about those crying and moaning about meaningless game in April would have turned out to be something special after all!

There were no figure mentioned. There were no bounty. There was none.

I will start a "HR baseball bounty" thread soon. So, to those who want to make money of those "worthless" baseballs, I have enough money to throw around for those items!

And for those who jumped in without reading from the beginning, here is my exact post for this thread:

If Mariano Rivera pitched his last game ...

You seem incapable of understanding what people are saying. I don't know whether it's ignorance or willful disregard.

I think you should sell some ticket stubs or whatever and buy a clue.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Triple Crown

Fanatic... Whatever you say man..like someone said on another thread you just don't get it!
    It might've been me:
    Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    There is an expression to describe people like yankeesfanatic.
    They "know the price of everything, the value of nothing."
    It was pretty much a group intervention on our part, apparently an unsuccessful one.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Thread Information