+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Mariano hurt

Re: Mariano hurt

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Yea I'm sure you favor eliminating tag and dodge ball in schools as well.

Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Let's also eliminate PFP's in Spring Training pitchers might get hurt.
    Like I said, intellectually lazy.

NYYF Triple Crown

Forgive me if this sounds a bit Pollyanna, but I have a strong feeling that he will be back on that mound and it's not over for him. Things happen for a reason - yes - but Mo ain't goin' out like this. No way.
    “The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible."

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search." Prince

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    Like I said, intellectually lazy.
    You obviously have no idea what being intellectually lazy is or obviously just felt the need to throw out a word that you felt was big.

What is going on here is simple overreaction by people like you who feel the need to find blame for everything in life.

Instead of accepting things such as a freak injury for what it is, a freak injury.

A conversation on whether a professional baseball players should be shagging fly balls has absolutely nothing to do with intellectualism.

We're not talking Quantum mechanics or the meaning of life, settle down guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    In other words "We've always done it this way" which is basically what Brian Cashman said today. That kind of inflexible thinking has destroyed many careers, great companies, and even some countries. There are ten of thousands unemployed Kodak workers who wish they challenged that paridgm.
    Great point and well said. I also think that the Yankees medical staff should start thinking out of the box and take steps to ensure that all members of the organization - from ARod to the freshest faced rookie - are circumcised. In studies published in the past decade, the removal of the foreskin provided a 50% reduction in HIV transmission, a threefold reduction in human papillomavirus (HPV) infections in female partners of circumcised men (HPV can cause cervical cancer), and lower rates of syphilis and chlamydia. Circumcised men are also roughly 10 times less likely to suffer urinary tract infections, and circumcision virtually eliminates serious penile cancers, which invade about 1 in 100,000 uncircumcised men.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Great point and well said. I also think that the Yankees medical staff should start thinking out of the box and take steps to ensure that all members of the organization - from ARod to the freshest faced rookie - are circumcised. In studies published in the past decade, the removal of the foreskin provided a 50% reduction in HIV transmission, a threefold reduction in human papillomavirus (HPV) infections in female partners of circumcised men (HPV can cause cervical cancer), and lower rates of syphilis and chlamydia. Circumcised men are also roughly 10 times less likely to suffer urinary tract infections, and circumcision virtually eliminates serious penile cancers, which invade about 1 in 100,000 uncircumcised men.
    I think they should give them personal drivers and wrap them up in protective foam to insure the players get home safe.

But I think only if you are a player making 5 million plus in salary.

Can't waste all of our resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks4eva1 View Post
    Forgive me if this sounds a bit Pollyanna, but I have a strong feeling that he will be back on that mound and it's not over for him. Things happen for a reason - yes - but Mo ain't goin' out like this. No way.
    I think that Mo will make every attempt to get back on the mound. But, I also think that considering his age and if his knee isn't 100% and prevents him from giving it his all, that he'll hang them up. He's just too proud to give anything less than his best - I think we can all agree on this. If that's the case, perhaps he'll take the mound one more time at the Stadium as his way of saying goodbye.

I literally feel ill when I think about the prospect that we'll never see him on the mound again. This was no way for him to go out. It's just doesn't seem fair.

Sometimes, things just happen without any rhyme or reason to them. We see that everyday even in our mundane and boring lives. Who's to say the Yankees didn't tell tell their pitchers to be careful shagging balls, but Mariano made a bad decision going after that particular ball. Assigning blame isn't going to change what happened.

To some men, I'd bet that giving up their meat would be like asking someone from the Midwest to give up meat and become vegetarians.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    To some men, I'd bet that giving up their meat would be like asking someone from the Midwest to give up meat and become vegetarians.
    Being from the midwest, I can say this is mostly true.

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Being from the midwest, I can say this is mostly true.
    LOL...hey I got it right this time!

Where in the Midwest? And yeah, I've been to different states in the Midwest and they sure love their meat and potatoes. My kind of people.

Gotta get em while they're young.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

NYYF Cy Young

I really think this is inappropriate in a sports forum. There are thousands of places on the internet where you can debate this, why here?
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

Michigan. Bibles, guns and meat are all we need. And of course, our jerbs.

OT: Mo has been shagging balls for 20 years. There is no one to blame, other than Mo, for what happened. Even then, it still was a freak accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Messerwhitescooter View Post
    I really think this is inappropriate in a sports forum. There are thousands of places on the internet where you can debate this, why here?
    WHOOOOSH.

OT: Mo has been shagging balls for 20 years. There is no one to blame, other than Mo, for what happened. Even then, it still was a freak accident.
    The Englishman in me cannot get over the misuse of this word.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Mo has been shagging flies in the big leagues since 1995. It was such a freak accident, as you say, such a part of his routine, that I liken it to a pedestrian getting hit by a car. Do we blame them for crossing the street?

(lol @ the South Park reference)

Mo has been shagging flies in the big leagues since 1995. It was such a freak accident, as you say, such a part of his routine, that I liken it to a pedestrian getting hit by a car. Do we blame them for crossing the street?

(lol @ the South Park reference)
    Exactly what I was going at! Thank you for putting it more eloquently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    Gotta get em while they're young.
    Oh, the pain.

Back on topic, speaking of pain, I've never felt this saddened about anything related to sports in my life.

Absolutely devastated right now, no other way to put it.

I hope he'll opt for rehab and come back for one more year.
    At least the Giants won the Super Bowl.

NYYF Cy Young

Whoooosh yourself, ya bloody bum.
    All the fat guys watch me & say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer. Mickey Lolich

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    The Englishman in me cannot get over the misuse of this word.
    TMI. I don't care who's in you, or what nationality he is, or what he thinks when he's in you.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF MVP

Quote from Mo...

Mark Feinsand@BloggingBombers
    Mariano: "I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. ... I'm not going out like this."

NYYF Cy Young

Thank you fans, friends and family for your prayers, well wishes and support. I will be ok. I will be back.

- Mariano Rivera Twitter Account

http://www.twitter.com/MarianoRivera...16555208863744

Rivera: "I love to play the game. To me, going out like this isn't the right way."

https://twitter.com/#!/BloggingBombe...16502708752385

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Quote from Mo...

Mark Feinsand@BloggingBombers
    Mariano: "I am coming back. Write it down in big letters. ... I'm not going out like this."
    God I love this man.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

@MarianoRivera: Thank you fans, friends and family for your prayers, well wishes and support. I will be ok. I will be back.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote from Mo...
    Fantastic....that's what we want to hear.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Thread Information