+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Is Roy Oswalt an option?

We're not going to make it to the all star break with our rotation at this rate. Even if Pettitte can still pitch, he can't make up for Hughes and Garcia.

His pricetag can't be that high? We really need someone to stop the bleeding. Thoughts?
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Re: Is Roy Oswalt an option?

I say give Mitchell a chance first.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I say give Mitchell a chance first.
    Mitchell's probably going to be a reliever.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Mitchell's probably going to be a reliever.
    He's projected to be a reliever. But I want to see what he can offer as a starter first.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    We're not going to make it to the all star break with our rotation at this rate. Even if Pettitte can still pitch, he can't make up for Hughes and Garcia.

His pricetag can't be that high? We really need someone to stop the bleeding. Thoughts?
    I think we'll be just fine. I expect improvement from our 1-3 SPs, and consider Andy an upgrade over Garcia. Hughes in the 5th starter spot isn't that bad.

My hope is that the Angels never put it together and shop Haren.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    I think we'll be just fine. I expect improvement from our 1-3 SPs, and consider Andy an upgrade over Garcia. Hughes in the 5th starter spot isn't that bad.

My hope is that the Angels never put it together and shop Haren.
    Why not dream big and hope the Phillies stay sub - .500 also and that Hamels becomes available?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    Why not dream big and hope the Phillies stay sub - .500 also and that Hamels becomes available?
    I said a long time ago that that could happen.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7147410

It took longer than I expected, but a lot of the things I saw as possibilities have come to fruition. If the Phillies don't think they can resign Hamels, of course they will try to trade him.

Anyway, I never said it was likely, but still think it could happen.

Maybe a bit unrelated, but I'm curious if the Angels would have any interest in D-Rob (I love him, but I'm almost positive he could bring back more value than he's actually worth) or Soriano.

Addicted Member

If not Oswalt, i think we all agree we need to shop for somebody come all star weekend. And the way i see it, by that time andy will take freddy out of the lineup, and whoever else we could acquire would send phil to the pen, giving us a solid 5 for the second half of the season. Until then i'm comfortable with the rotation, granted andy gives us basically what we expect from him.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

Operation 28

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

It took longer than I expected, but a lot of the things I saw as possibilities have come to fruition. If the Phillies don't think they can resign Hamels, of course they will try to trade him.

Anyway, I never said it was likely, but still think it could happen.

Maybe a bit unrelated, but I'm curious if the Angels would have any interest in D-Rob (I love him, but I'm almost positive he could bring back more value than he's actually worth) or Soriano.
    I think it could happen, but I think it's more likely they rebound, and I think the Phillies are playing for now -- so my guess is that they'd be more likely to keep Hamels if they are competitive. But we'll have to see what the season brings.

Funny -- I was wondering the same exact thing about D-Rob. It would take more than just him, but you'd think he has to appeal to them.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

And this is why we're all grateful that you're not the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    And this is why we're all grateful that you're not the GM.
    I must have missed the meeting where the other forumers nominated you as their collective proxy, bit I think you'll find I'm not alone in being open to trading D-Rob at the height of his value, especially when back-end relievers are consistently overvalued. In fact, look at the post directly above yours

Not patting myself on the back for thinking that the Phillies had a bunch of $$ locked up in some injury-prone players. I'm just hoping that leads to Hamels being shopped...but I'm not expecting it to.

Thread Information