+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Re: Bryce Harper called up

The breaking bats shows that he is playing hard and is frustrated with himself. I actually love seeing that in players. Doesn't mean I want them to do that, though.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    The breaking bats shows that he is playing hard and is frustrated with himself. I actually love seeing that in players. Doesn't mean I want them to do that, though.
    I think it tends to be a misconception that we need to see some kind of show of emotion for a guy to be intense and care. I think it says more about the player than how hard he is playing.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I like that he is playing hard and frustrated, but what about calling out Guillen? Or stealing second AND third after getting HBP (although that was certainly pretty bad-ass). Zambrano used to beat things up too, and he's become trash. I wish someone would just pull this rookie aside and tell him to settle down, take it easy. After a while, it is probably going to start wearing on his teammates, or he is going to hurt himself throwing one of his tantrums, sending him to the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Lets see, so far he has beat up a wall with a bat, which hit him back and gave him stitches... broke a bat over his knee... basically called out Guillen by holding his bat up to him when he came up to bat... etc. I am sure there is a few things that I forgot already. There is no denying Harper's talent, but if he is this cocky and angry as a rookie, what's he going to be like after a few years of MLB experience under his belt?
    I think it's awesome. I'm sorry but he is pure entertainment and he backs it up with results. And screw Guillen, he's an ass. He's the manager, he should be the one to take the high road, not a 19 year old kid. Guillen is a loudmouth ass and people are going to continue to get on his nerves. Harper isn't the first one who he's had issues with.

As for stealing second and third after being HBP, why did you mention that in your argument? His team mates and manager probably loved it.
    Boo for trading Prado.

what's he going to be like after a few years of MLB experience under his belt?
    One of the best, if not the best, players in the majors.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Time will certainly tell.

NYYF Legend

Cole Hamels didn't intentionally hit him as a "hello" to the majors. He hit him because he's a 19 year old rookie who's getting the attention he deserves. Harper handled that situation in a mature, focused manner. He made Hamels and the rest of them look bad by stealing home. That's how you get even.

His teammates are doing a good job so far of keeping his spikes planted firmly on the turf....although I hear a good portion of his monthly paycheck is going to fines handed down from kangaroo court. As long as he's not getting fines from MLB, I'm okay with it.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

This will always be remembered.

Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF MVP

Lets see, so far he has beat up a wall with a bat, which hit him back and gave him stitches... broke a bat over his knee... basically called out Guillen by holding his bat up to him when he came up to bat... etc. I am sure there is a few things that I forgot already. There is no denying Harper's talent, but if he is this cocky and angry as a rookie, what's he going to be like after a few years of MLB experience under his belt?
    He's 19 and has plenty of time to mature.
    28 in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    I don't know why people frown upon getting upset with yourself. He plays the game like Pete Rose did. I agree completely that in a few years he's going to be one of the best players in the game. He's fun to watch.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    This will always be remembered.

I'd love to see him do that to Papelbon.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I don't know why people frown upon getting upset with yourself. He plays the game like Pete Rose did. I agree completely that in a few years he's going to be one of the best players in the game. He's fun to watch.
    I despised Pete Rose.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information