+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10
Results 226 to 237 of 237
  1. #226

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    The breaking bats shows that he is playing hard and is frustrated with himself. I actually love seeing that in players. Doesn't mean I want them to do that, though.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  2. #227
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    The breaking bats shows that he is playing hard and is frustrated with himself. I actually love seeing that in players. Doesn't mean I want them to do that, though.
    I think it tends to be a misconception that we need to see some kind of show of emotion for a guy to be intense and care. I think it says more about the player than how hard he is playing.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  3. #228
    Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    The breaking bats shows that he is playing hard and is frustrated with himself. I actually love seeing that in players. Doesn't mean I want them to do that, though.
    I like that he is playing hard and frustrated, but what about calling out Guillen? Or stealing second AND third after getting HBP (although that was certainly pretty bad-ass). Zambrano used to beat things up too, and he's become trash. I wish someone would just pull this rookie aside and tell him to settle down, take it easy. After a while, it is probably going to start wearing on his teammates, or he is going to hurt himself throwing one of his tantrums, sending him to the DL.

  4. #229
    let's go rangers! Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Lets see, so far he has beat up a wall with a bat, which hit him back and gave him stitches... broke a bat over his knee... basically called out Guillen by holding his bat up to him when he came up to bat... etc. I am sure there is a few things that I forgot already. There is no denying Harper's talent, but if he is this cocky and angry as a rookie, what's he going to be like after a few years of MLB experience under his belt?
    I think it's awesome. I'm sorry but he is pure entertainment and he backs it up with results. And screw Guillen, he's an ass. He's the manager, he should be the one to take the high road, not a 19 year old kid. Guillen is a loudmouth ass and people are going to continue to get on his nerves. Harper isn't the first one who he's had issues with.

    As for stealing second and third after being HBP, why did you mention that in your argument? His team mates and manager probably loved it.
    Boo for trading Prado.

  5. #230

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    what's he going to be like after a few years of MLB experience under his belt?
    One of the best, if not the best, players in the majors.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  6. #231
    Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Pasadena, CA

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    One of the best, if not the best, players in the majors.
    Time will certainly tell.

  7. #232
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Cole Hamels didn't intentionally hit him as a "hello" to the majors. He hit him because he's a 19 year old rookie who's getting the attention he deserves. Harper handled that situation in a mature, focused manner. He made Hamels and the rest of them look bad by stealing home. That's how you get even.

    His teammates are doing a good job so far of keeping his spikes planted firmly on the turf....although I hear a good portion of his monthly paycheck is going to fines handed down from kangaroo court. As long as he's not getting fines from MLB, I'm okay with it.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  8. #233
    let's go rangers! Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    This will always be remembered.

    Boo for trading Prado.

  9. #234
    NYYF MVP

    Tyler Durden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The CT/MA Border, aka Pink Sox Territory

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    Lets see, so far he has beat up a wall with a bat, which hit him back and gave him stitches... broke a bat over his knee... basically called out Guillen by holding his bat up to him when he came up to bat... etc. I am sure there is a few things that I forgot already. There is no denying Harper's talent, but if he is this cocky and angry as a rookie, what's he going to be like after a few years of MLB experience under his belt?
    He's 19 and has plenty of time to mature.
    28 in 2014

  10. #235
    let's go rangers! Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    One of the best, if not the best, players in the majors.
    I don't know why people frown upon getting upset with yourself. He plays the game like Pete Rose did. I agree completely that in a few years he's going to be one of the best players in the game. He's fun to watch.
    Boo for trading Prado.

  11. #236
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    This will always be remembered.

    I'd love to see him do that to Papelbon.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  12. #237
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: Bryce Harper called up

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I don't know why people frown upon getting upset with yourself. He plays the game like Pete Rose did. I agree completely that in a few years he's going to be one of the best players in the game. He's fun to watch.
    I despised Pete Rose.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts