+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 2012 Season Ticket Licensee Social at Yankee Stadium

So I just saw on the Yankees Facebook page that swisher popped by the new plan holder get together tonight at the stadium. If anyone from the Yankees are reading this forum, if you want me to re-up next season, get me a meet and greet with Derek Jeter. If you're gonna have players show up to these things, I want the captain. I hope the logic is that this will happen later in the season and we get better tickets but I'm not holding my breath.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Are you saying that in certain situations the Yankees ticket department reps are giving away MVP seats for free? And other than having a lot of unsold seats, what would be their motivation to give such seats away to person A vs person B? What slant does one use?
    Yes. And they've been doing this since day 1 at the new Stadium, and not just for plan holders. I think the only 'requirement' is you have to have a friend that works there.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    So I went to this yesterday and its basically everything that jyanks said earlier. You go to the VIP Will Call ticket booth, show photo ID to get your tickets then you can go to the TurkeyHill picnic area near Gate 2. When you show up at the TurkeyHill picnic some ticket reps take down your name on a laptop (I'm assuming for record keeping) they then give you a folder with season ticket info, a name tag so your ticket rep can know your name and 2 comp ticket for another free game (you have to redeem at the stadium ticket window only).

You get a TurkeyHill picnic area wristband so you can enter and exit before the game, and magically your ticket rep shows up (I'm assuming the taking your name down by the laptop was really paging your ticket rep). Your ticket rep gives the usual intro, "Hi, if you have any questions blah blah blah...feel free to eat food blah blah blah....how do you like your seats" and thats basically it your rep walks away and you get to stuff your face with food until game time. Mickey Rivers was there taking pictures and signing autographs. Brian Cashman showed up around 6pm and hung around til game time. People took pictures with him and just asked him random questions like when is Pettitte coming back, Pineda trade etc...

Alot of people just had casual small talk with their reps, but there were no sales pitches no "lets get you an upgrade" type of talk. Couldnt really gage how they picked us because everyone had different plans (mostly partial 9, 12, 16 game ticket plans all different sections, didn't see or hear from any 41 or 81 game plan people) but everyone was 1-2 yrs seniority. Everyone got seats in Field MVP, and the free comp tickets are also for Field MVP.

In general this just looks like a nice gesture by the Yankees to their season ticket holders. Food was great hotdogs, burger sliders, baked beans, salad, icecream, water/soda etc..

Do you know if their plans were in grandstand, bleachers, field level, etc? I'm just wondering if they Yankee targeted partial plan holders in higher priced seats.

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    So I just saw on the Yankees Facebook page that swisher popped by the new plan holder get together tonight at the stadium. If anyone from the Yankees are reading this forum, if you want me to re-up next season, get me a meet and greet with Derek Jeter. If you're gonna have players show up to these things, I want the captain. I hope the logic is that this will happen later in the season and we get better tickets but I'm not holding my breath.
    You do realize that Swisher isn't playing, so he isn't getting ready for the game? And is thus available for social activities?

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post

You bet your ass, there is (are) Yankees people reading this!

And what you ask for, wishful thinking at best!

The only way Jeter will make an appearance like this - the worst possible way, he is on the DL for some reasons!

No Yankees fans in their right mind would wish for that!

As for Swisher, you should have seen his reactions when he was asked, what the heck is this? while pointing at his signature!

That was priceless!

PS. For those who do not know, Swisher got one of the most WEIRDEST and unrecognizable signature! Unless you see it done in person, you wont know what his real signature looks like! Chicken-scratch at best!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature View Post
    Yes. And they've been doing this since day 1 at the new Stadium, and not just for plan holders. I think the only 'requirement' is you have to have a friend that works there.

I guess I didnt speak without viable resource!

By the way, there is a network of FIELD MVP sellers existing - $50-$75 per seat on game day only!

The best time to catch this deal, you have to sit in there at least once and get to know the people around you!

Like I stated previously, with so many COMP being handed out, those MVP really worth as much as people willing to pay for them - $25 to $50 each! So, with 3 vouchers they hand out, take the $150 and run!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    Do you know if their plans were in grandstand, bleachers, field level, etc? I'm just wondering if they Yankee targeted partial plan holders in higher priced seats.
    yea like I said a lot of partial plans from all kinds of different sections, bleachers, terrace, main, and grandstand. I think I was one of the only field MVP
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Has anyone who was not invited contacted their rep to see if invitations are coming down the line for other dates?

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    Has anyone who was not invited contacted their rep to see if invitations are coming down the line for other dates?
    I haven't but I'm curious as I'm in that same boat.
    Life is good!

NYYF Cy Young

yea like I said a lot of partial plans from all kinds of different sections, bleachers, terrace, main, and grandstand. I think I was one of the only field MVP
    What was your feeling about the Yankees handing out free vouchers to the attendees from bleachers, terrace, main, and grandstand for the seating area that you paid for? You should have gotten at least Delta vouchers.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I haven't but I'm curious as I'm in that same boat.
    "Please be patient. There is much more to come. We plan to show our appreciation to all of our season ticket holders."

That's what I was told.....

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    You do realize that Swisher isn't playing, so he isn't getting ready for the game? And is thus available for social activities?
    im well aware. give me mariano then

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LTRAIN View Post
    "Please be patient. There is much more to come. We plan to show our appreciation to all of our season ticket holders."

That's what I was told.....
    Thanks, I bet they are doing it in groups as I guess doing all at once would be problematic.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    What was your feeling about the Yankees handing out free vouchers to the attendees from bleachers, terrace, main, and grandstand for the seating area that you paid for? You should have gotten at least Delta vouchers.
    No, I could care less. The way I see if is I get two free games added to my season tickets. In fact we all got free games and free food.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Saw pictures of today's social at the stadium...Batting practice on the field. Now that is cool!

NYYF Legend

again its a really nice thing the Yankees did, all the more reason to keep your plans.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by LTRAIN View Post
    Saw pictures of today's social at the stadium...Batting practice on the field. Now that is cool!
    Is this a new group with a new email invitation?

Where did you see these pictures? Did they actually have a social with the team out of town - and is that why the attendees were able to take BP on the field?

I saw the picture on the Yankees twitter. Says:" @Yankees: Season ticket licensees take part in the first Take the Field batting practice event at the Stadium. "

http://t.co/phor5y7f

again its a really nice thing the Yankees did, all the more reason to keep your plans.
    still waiting on an invite for something...

If there is one thing I want to do on the field (for the social event) - it would be running the field or shagging fly balls during players batting practice!

If they can make that happens, I bet there will be MORE season ticket holders keeping their package(s).

Wouldnt it be a GREAT annual thing as reward for being faithful buyer?

Take a couple swings at the batting cage is a cool idea, but I will take running around the bases and slide home is a BETTER idea! Or shagging fly balls for 20 minutes would be just as cool also!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    Or shagging fly balls for 20 minutes would be just as cool also!
    Just don't tear your ACL.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Too soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post

If I did, I bet a ton of negligence lawyers would be handing me their business card!

And I dont have to pay for my season tickets any more!

Addicted Member

Maybe if the Yankees had let their former season ticket holders know about this stuff prior to the cut off for season ticket payments some of us would have kept them.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by jlevin View Post
    Maybe if the Yankees had let their former season ticket holders know about this stuff prior to the cut off for season ticket payments some of us would have kept them.
    Maybe some would've considered staying, but I can tell you in my case, things like this would not have swayed me at all to stay after they sandbagged me with an almost $1000 increase over last season. And let's not forget that many other teams have been doing things like this and far better things for many many years "just because." The Yankees are doing it because they are in full blown desperation mode to stop the STH's from flying out the door in numbers probably never seen before in their history. It's absolutely a nice thing to do, I'm not disputing that, but their motivations behind it are not that of other teams that have been doing the same thing for decades. Kind of makes it a little disingenuous to me.
    Kind of reminds me of when someone has a job where their bosses have been treating them like doggy-doo for years, making them seem unneeded, taking them for granted. Then as soon as they hear that the person found another job and is leaving them, they start showering them with a raise and other benefits, and a new computer and a bigger office, etc, to entice them. Please stay, please stay. And the person leaving is thinking, where was this kind of loving treatment all these years when i really could've used it?
    Last edited by StingrayJG; 05-04-12 at 11:53 PM.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Thread Information