+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 2012 Season Ticket Licensee Social at Yankee Stadium

i was at the game tonight, part of my 9 game plan and i totally forgot that the social thing was tonight. i went over and asked the rep that was by the area what the deal was with it as i never got an invite. he said that this event was only for first and second year plan holders. i then showed my displeasure as i was someone who has a longer seniority, granted 5 years, and yet ive never gotten any invite to a social or any event. they said theyre gonna be doing a lot more events for plan holders and that this is only the first of many. i'll wait to see it to believe it. at this point, theyve gotta win me over with something good to hang onto my tickets for next season, but this pissed me off.

They are doing their "desperate" mode. I have seen this before when I spoke with a couple closed friends who worked there.

Thanks but no thanks!

With field MVP seats being sold for less than $50 each and some days they even being sold for $20 each. Those unsold sections are a dime a dozen!

The only good thing from this - If you dont open up your wallet, you are WINNING!

If you do, they get what they wanted with FREE FOOD!

It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    i then showed my displeasure as i was someone who has a longer seniority, granted 5 years, and yet ive never gotten any invite to a social or any event. they said theyre gonna be doing a lot more events for plan holders and that this is only the first of many. i'll wait to see it to believe it. at this point, theyve gotta win me over with something good to hang onto my tickets for next season, but this pissed me off.
    They obviously have to do something because my friends went on stubhub this weekend and bought between the bases seats for $25 on a sunny Sunday game vs. the Tigers. That really makes you feel like an idiot for having season tickets and this is just the icing on the cake. How are new customers VIP? After having Full Season tickets for the last 8 years this may be my last straw if they do not do anything for long time season ticket holders this season.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    i was at the game tonight, part of my 9 game plan and i totally forgot that the social thing was tonight. i went over and asked the rep that was by the area what the deal was with it as i never got an invite. he said that this event was only for first and second year plan holders. i then showed my displeasure as i was someone who has a longer seniority, granted 5 years, and yet ive never gotten any invite to a social or any event. they said theyre gonna be doing a lot more events for plan holders and that this is only the first of many. i'll wait to see it to believe it. at this point, theyve gotta win me over with something good to hang onto my tickets for next season, but this pissed me off.
    I'm a first time season ticket holder (same 9 game plan) and I never got an invite.
    Life is good!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    Hi Everybody - I was there tonight & it was awesome! Brian Cashman was there, hanging out talking & taking pictures & letting people wear his ring. Mickey Rivers was also there signing autographs & taking as many pictures as you wanted.
    Food was better than usual. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken stir fry with soft tortilla, baked beans. Salad greens. Fresh watermelon. And chocolate, vanilla & strawberry ice cream. Unlimited soda & water.
    The seats they gave us were section 119 - right behind home plate. Awesome. Plus, we got vouchers for TWO additional games (of our choice, except Sox or Mets) in the MVP field level.
    They did a great job & said they want to do stuff like this more often. So glad I went!
    For those going - enjoy it!
    Thanks for the info.

Did they give you any type of sales pitch (Yankees Clubs, for example)? Did they give you the chance to discuss issues and offer suggestions for improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Did they give you any type of sales pitch (Yankees Clubs, for example)? Did they give you the chance to discuss issues and offer suggestions for improvements?
    Not really & I was surprised that they didn't because I was expecting that. They give you a folder, but honestly, I didn't even open it until i got to my seats & there is some paper work about purchasing a 10-year season tix plan. Other than the folder, there is no sales pitch.
    You do have a lot of opportunity to talk & spend time with your sales rep, so feel free to speak openly. The only thing I told him was that I want to do this social once a month & I gave him a list of Yankees I want to meet! hahaha!

Maybe the plan is.... To avoid the wrath of mistreated full season holders, they will develop a plan to make it an ALL PARTIAL operation. That would make it easier for people to afford high level seats without the full money commitment. So in future pre-season mailings, there will be 75 different available packages for your perusal.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

NYYF Legend

I'm be there tonight, i'll pass along info as I get it
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

are they doing these events broken up over multiple games? I am a first year season ticket licensee and I didn't get an invite to any yet.
    Life is good!

One of my newbies friends - who picked up a partial this year - got an invite to the gathering tonight!

I will be there also as his "guest".

I have a feeling that they are trying out the "old school" method. "New" money is better money. By this I means - "let's pamper these newbies and let's the oldies retired".

Hey, if they can get people jumping on the 10-year plan, more power to them! hahahaha.

I guess it is true, you get more suckers with "free food and drink and a picture with the world series ring and a couple old timers signature"!
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    One of my newbies friends - who picked up a partial this year - got an invite to the gathering tonight!

I will be there also as his "guest".

I have a feeling that they are trying out the "old school" method. "New" money is better money. By this I means - "let's pamper these newbies and let's the oldies retired".

Hey, if they can get people jumping on the 10-year plan, more power to them! hahahaha.

I guess it is true, you get more suckers with "free food and drink and a picture with the world series ring and a couple old timers signature"!
    I may be a "sucker" to you - but I'm happy today. And 3 free games in MVP seats is pretty sweet. And I didn't commit to spending one additional dime.

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    I may be a "sucker" to you - but I'm happy today. And 3 free games in MVP seats is pretty sweet. And I didn't commit to spending one additional dime.
    3 free MVP's? Which only infuriates longer STH's even more.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Quote Originally Posted by RayG View Post
    3 free MVP's? Which only infuriates longer STH's even more.
    The free MVPs should just be part of the plan. Or some similar type of upgrade.

And in my 3rd year as a STL, 41 game for 2 yrs and now Sunday -- no invitation.
    (Of course I filed a complaint against the Yankees with the NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs last year, so I am not high on their warm and fuzzy list.)

NYYF Cy Young

Maybe they figure people with a longer seniority will just keep renewing their plans so they don't have to bother with them.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002 View Post
    Maybe they figure people with a longer seniority will just keep renewing their plans so they don't have to bother with them.
    If they look at the large number of plans that have been dropped this off-season they should figure differently . .

I couldnt care less about those FREE MVP seats! I get them for ALMOST every game - I know how the system works!

They GAVE those out like they are running out of style!

If you are smart about it, SELL them and recover some of the cost - which I DID many time before. And they know that I sell those FREEBIES.

Like I said before - If you DONT open your wallet and be dumb/mute/stupid during the free drink and food gathering - you are WINNING. But chances are, some will be enticed and make a commitment, then that is another story!

I couldnt care less about those FREE MVP seats! I get them for ALMOST every game - I know how the system works!

They GAVE those out like they are running out of style!

If you are smart about it, SELL them and recover some of the cost - which I DID many time before. And they know that I sell those FREEBIES.

Like I said before - If you DONT open your wallet and be dumb/mute/stupid during the free drink and food gathering - you are WINNING. But chances are, some will be enticed and make a commitment, then that is another story!
    Care to let the rest of us know how you get free MVP seats for almost every game?

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    Care to let the rest of us know how you get free MVP seats for almost every game?

I cant!

It is "internal procedure" and it takes years to master along with proper connections!

The inventory for these MVP seats are bigger than available GS and bleachers combined! So, what are they doing with it? Not much but to give them out!

NYYF Cy Young

I cant!

It is "internal procedure" and it takes years to master along with proper connections!

The inventory for these MVP seats are bigger than available GS and bleachers combined! So, what are they doing with it? Not much but to give them out!
    Are you saying that in certain situations the Yankees ticket department reps are giving away MVP seats for free? And other than having a lot of unsold seats, what would be their motivation to give such seats away to person A vs person B? What slant does one use?

NYYF Legend

So I went to this yesterday and its basically everything that jyanks said earlier. You go to the VIP Will Call ticket booth, show photo ID to get your tickets then you can go to the TurkeyHill picnic area near Gate 2. When you show up at the TurkeyHill picnic some ticket reps take down your name on a laptop (I'm assuming for record keeping) they then give you a folder with season ticket info, a name tag so your ticket rep can know your name and 2 comp ticket for another free game (you have to redeem at the stadium ticket window only).

You get a TurkeyHill picnic area wristband so you can enter and exit before the game, and magically your ticket rep shows up (I'm assuming the taking your name down by the laptop was really paging your ticket rep). Your ticket rep gives the usual intro, "Hi, if you have any questions blah blah blah...feel free to eat food blah blah blah....how do you like your seats" and thats basically it your rep walks away and you get to stuff your face with food until game time. Mickey Rivers was there taking pictures and signing autographs. Brian Cashman showed up around 6pm and hung around til game time. People took pictures with him and just asked him random questions like when is Pettitte coming back, Pineda trade etc...

Alot of people just had casual small talk with their reps, but there were no sales pitches no "lets get you an upgrade" type of talk. Couldnt really gage how they picked us because everyone had different plans (mostly partial 9, 12, 16 game ticket plans all different sections, didn't see or hear from any 41 or 81 game plan people) but everyone was 1-2 yrs seniority. Everyone got seats in Field MVP, and the free comp tickets are also for Field MVP.

In general this just looks like a nice gesture by the Yankees to their season ticket holders. Food was great hotdogs, burger sliders, baked beans, salad, icecream, water/soda etc..
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    In general this just looks like a nice gesture by the Yankees to their season ticket holders.
    They've tried the hard sell and that didn't work ("better sign up now, there is a long waiting list for JBS seats") so now they're trying the soft sell. The reality is that they're desperate and at some point, they're either going to have to drastically change the way tickets are priced or they are going to continue to lose season ticket holders.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post

In general this just looks like a nice gesture by the Yankees to their season ticket holders.
    yeah, its a nice gesture for your new plan holders. how bout for those with older seniority?

I don't know why somebody hasn't mentioned this yet, but to me it seems logical that they are having this first for the new STHs during April and May and then those with higher seniority will get the better games in the summer. I know it seems hard for those who have been getting owned by the Yankees to believe this, but if they are making a move to put some value back into being a STH this would be the most reasonable way to do it.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesBWA View Post
    I don't know why somebody hasn't mentioned this yet, but to me it seems logical that they are having this first for the new STHs during April and May and then those with higher seniority will get the better games in the summer. I know it seems hard for those who have been getting owned by the Yankees to believe this, but if they are making a move to put some value back into being a STH this would be the most reasonable way to do it.
    That's why it won't happen.

My friends walked away with $200 for the vouchers! some guy was offering $50 per voucher!

It was a decent price - but hey, it is free money so they are not complaining!

If you are going to the "redemption" game, then it is all good since it is FREE. But if you are not, you might as well get some "recovered" money for your loss!

Never knew that the Yankees can print money like that!

Thread Information