+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

2012 Season Ticket Licensee Social at Yankee Stadium

yankees.GIF
    Did any other season ticket holders get this invite?
    I RSVP'ed and got a note that said "Thank you for submitting your RSVP for the 2012 Rookie Social."
    Not sure if "Rookie Social" means first-time season ticket holders (like me)...
    Attached Images

NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 Season Ticket Licensee Social at Yankee Stadium

I got one and I RSVP'D, though I'm a 2nd year STH
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Cy Young

I didn't get it - are you two full STH's?

And nothing like a last minute invitation . .

Nope....Sunday+ 16 game plan and 9 game plan...

NYYF Cy Young

Interesting....

I don't want to sound like I try to trash everything the Yankees attempt to do to try to buddy up to their fans, it is a nice gesture on their part. But based on my past 18 year pedigree being a STH, I feel like I can speak from some experience.

This directly reminds me of when you get those offers of free cruises or resort stays, all you have to do is sit through this brief sales presentation. When you meet your "dedicated ticket rep," the benefits they will probably want to go over with you the most are:
    • Opportunity to purchase Yankees Club Membership
    • Opportunity to upgrade your Season Ticket location
    ...and other associated benefits. (Read: spending more)

Again, don't want to sound like Captain Buzzkill here. Not saying you shouldn't go and you shouldn't enjoy yourself, just don't be surprised when it comes, be prepared for it.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

As reduced as the season ticket holder population is, they can't fit everyone at once.

My guess is this will be repeated for other Monday - Wednesday games as the season progresses.

NYYF Legend

I'm a 16 game Sat, still havent gotten a response from them though
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

5 year, 9 game planner here. never got an invite. doesn't matter though, i'm done after this year. i got so lividly pissed when i couldn't exchange one of my games for another game and they forced me to pay the difference to sit in cheaper seats. i told them forget it and ill sell it on stubhub. there's almost nothing the yankees can do at this point to get me to stay on for next season.
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

Quote Originally Posted by sjanowsky View Post
    As reduced as the season ticket holder population is, they can't fit everyone at once.

My guess is this will be repeated for other Monday - Wednesday games as the season progresses.
    Maybe not- it does say that if you do NOT have those games in your plan, THEY WILL PROVIDE TWO TICKETS. So I wouldn't expect it for too many of those Mon-Wed. series.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

NYYF Legend

the way I see it is free food and a free game. I'm pretty sure the reps will try and get you to increase tix in plan or move up in plans.

just a thought but this_is_grand did you get and complete the email survey?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Interesting....

I don't want to sound like I try to trash everything the Yankees attempt to do to try to buddy up to their fans, it is a nice gesture on their part. But based on my past 18 year pedigree being a STH, I feel like I can speak from some experience.

This directly reminds me of when you get those offers of free cruises or resort stays, all you have to do is sit through this brief sales presentation. When you meet your "dedicated ticket rep," the benefits they will probably want to go over with you the most are:
    • Opportunity to purchase Yankees Club Membership
    • Opportunity to upgrade your Season Ticket location
    ...and other associated benefits. (Read: spending more)

Again, don't want to sound like Captain Buzzkill here. Not saying you shouldn't go and you shouldn't enjoy yourself, just don't be surprised when it comes, be prepared for it.
    the Yankees are trying to reach out more, on the 4/14 game (I think it was that game) they showed the Season Ticket holder of the month on the jumbo screen and gave him a free upgrade to Legends

it is a FISHING move by the yankees to get more Newbies into season packages!

They will throw some baits - food and drinks and so forth - to get the newbies "open" their wallet and get hooked!

(met someone at the exchange window yesterday - this gentleman has a 10-year contract for Jim Beam! Wow. I feel his pains!)
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

I RSVPd too - but didn't get a confirmation yet about the game I picked. Did anyone get their confirmation?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jyanks View Post
    I RSVPd too - but didn't get a confirmation yet about the game I picked. Did anyone get their confirmation?
    no, would really suck if confirmation is day of game.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

First year licensee and I didn't get it.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

got my email confirmation for tuesday may 1

Got my confirmation too - I'm going tomorrow night!

Yes, I received an invitation, as well. Mine is for Thursday, May 3 at the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    the way I see it is free food and a free game. I'm pretty sure the reps will try and get you to increase tix in plan or move up in plans.

just a thought but this_is_grand did you get and complete the email survey?
    I never got the email survey, not sure why...

Got my confirmation for this Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyjay View Post
    Yes, I received an invitation, as well. Mine is for Thursday, May 3 at the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center.
    I think I'd rather go there than the Stadium - better food.

Devoted Member

Yankees are posting pictures of this on Facebook right now.

Hi Everybody - I was there tonight & it was awesome! Brian Cashman was there, hanging out talking & taking pictures & letting people wear his ring. Mickey Rivers was also there signing autographs & taking as many pictures as you wanted.
    Food was better than usual. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken stir fry with soft tortilla, baked beans. Salad greens. Fresh watermelon. And chocolate, vanilla & strawberry ice cream. Unlimited soda & water.
    The seats they gave us were section 119 - right behind home plate. Awesome. Plus, we got vouchers for TWO additional games (of our choice, except Sox or Mets) in the MVP field level.
    They did a great job & said they want to do stuff like this more often. So glad I went!
    For those going - enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I think I'd rather go there than the Stadium - better food.
    Yes, definitely. I received my confirmation earlier today.

For those of you who got the invite could you post your seniority, ticket plan, and ticket location like grandstand, field level etc.

Got an invite for my new plan 16 friday night. Did not get an invite to my 3 year seniority plan which is also 16 game.

Thread Information