+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Michael Pineda Out for @012 With Labrum Tear

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Draft/develop your own pitchers.
    Because they will never get labrum tears.

Or you can trade them for great hitting prospects if they are about to.

NYYF Triple Crown

Comes into camp fat. Overthrows. Career injury. Fantastic .

man, 2004 is a hell of a weird year in baseball
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by The-Boss View Post
    To add a little salt into the wound. Montero is 3-5 with 2 rbi's tonight.....
    He also has a total of 2 HRs and 11 RBI with an OBP of .294.

Ibanez, whom everyone said sucks and is basically taking Montero's spot on this team, has 3 HRs and also has 11 RBIs with an OBP of .294. Add in the rest of the production the Yankees have gotten out of the DH spot and they're ahead on the deal so far.

But the real bottom line is who cares?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

This is less than ideal but far from catastrophic beyond 2012 as far as anyone knows. Hopefully he continues to heal, coemes back strong as ever and Campos develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    The Nats didn't give up Bryce Harper to get Strasburg. They drafted him. Big difference than giving up a hitter that even Brian Cashman claimed was the best young Yankee hitter since Jeter.

Draft/develop your own pitchers.
    The yankees are trying to do this but I dont see how it has anything to do with Pineda. Hughes and Chamberlain were the crown jewels of the yankee farm system, both have been for the most part busts outside some flashes of success mainly out of the bullpen. You just never know with pitchers, but Pineda has a lot of career left in him.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Cashman for clunkers strikes again

Grumble grumble.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    He also has a total of 2 HRs and 11 RBI with an OBP of .294.

Ibanez, whom everyone said sucks and is basically taking Montero's spot on this team, has 3 HRs and also has 11 RBIs with an OBP of .294. Add in the rest of the production the Yankees have gotten out of the DH spot and they're ahead on the deal so far.

But the real bottom line is who cares?
    Jesus Montero had posted a .357/.375/.857/1.232 line in four games as a catcher this season before going 3-for-5 Wednesday evening in his fifth start behind the plate.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2012&t=b

Small sample, but who cares?

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
    Jesus Montero had posted a .357/.375/.857/1.232 line in four games as a catcher this season before going 3-for-5 Wednesday evening in his fifth start behind the plate.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2012&t=b

Small sample, but who cares?
    Wow, guess he would have really sucked as the Yankees DH then
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

WOW!!!! Unbelievable!!! Where is Kei Igawa when you need him!

Seriously though, this is like a gut-punch, and I don't know if we'll make the playoffs with this pitching staff now....After CC it's downhill quickly.

Wait!!! Don't we still have this guy in the minors???

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post

Look at Stephen Strasburg.

MAJOR difference.
    That is an elbow, TJ surgery is almost routine. Elbow hurts, do the operation, rehab it, and in a year or so back with a vengeance. Shoulders end careers, and routinely reduce the level of the pitcher dramatically. TJ surgery costs a year, but in most cases, the level of the pitcher is not affected. Hell many say it is the pitcher's best friend because the come back stronger and rarely need to worry about a reinjure.

This is night and day. If they said it was Pineda's elbow and he needed TJ surgery, I'd be mildly disappointed but would be looking forward to the 98 MPH heater next year this time.

Now I am fearing the guy might have to figure out how to make due with a Freddy Garcia fastball.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Un-................ing-real. Besides CC when is the last time an awesome pitcher lived up to his proposed awesomeness in NY? How much money and prospects have the Yankees wasted on ................ty right arms in the past 10 years?

Kevin Brown
    Jose Contreas
    Kei Igawa
    Randy Johnson
    Jared Wright
    Carl Pavano
    AJ Burnett
    Joba Chamberlian
    Phil Hughes
    Michael Pineda

Some of it is bad luck (Pineda/Pavano) but still that's 10 duds (for lack of a better word). Way to go Cashman.

Ugh this sucks. Montero..........sigh

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Well this sucks the big one right here. I was really hoping to see him this year I just knew he'd come back and be great for us. Because with this rotation I really don't think we're gonna be going anywhere past the playoffs. Maybe not even there!
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Un-................ing-real. Besides CC when is the last time an awesome pitcher lived up to his proposed awesomeness in NY? How much money and prospects have the Yankees wasted on ................ty right arms in the past 10 years?

Kevin Brown
    Jose Contreas
    Kei Igawa
    Randy Johnson
    Jared Wright
    Carl Pavano
    AJ Burnett
    Joba Chamberlian
    Phil Hughes
    Michael Pineda

Some of it is bad luck (Pineda/Pavano) but still that's 10 duds (for lack of a better word). Way to go Cashman.
    Mike Mussina

I'm not so sure Jared Wright was supposed to be awesome per se, or even Joba for that matter. He was hyped by Yankee fans after a handful of innings in the bullpen in '07.

Devoted Member

Joba and Phil don't belong on this list for starters. Secondly, Joba was considered an elite prospect based on stuff and results in minors, plus those bullpen innings in '07 and dominating starter innings in '08. Hindsight is the new Moneyball for fans and teams have incorporate it as a metric
    Congratulations and thank you for number 27, Yankees !!!!!!!!!!!!!. 1 game at a time to 28. C'mon, Yankees.

NYYF Legend

the fact that he's so young and having this is the concern. His velocity will probably take a dip. Remember Brandon Webb, he can barely hit 87 now.
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post

Kevin Brown
    Jose Contreas
    Kei Igawa
    Randy Johnson
    Jared Wright
    Carl Pavano
    AJ Burnett
    Joba Chamberlian
    Phil Hughes
    Michael Pineda

dont forget Pedro Feliciano
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

This RAB article sums up exactly how I feel about this:

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/04/los...-pineda-67527/

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Mike Mussina

I'm not so sure Jared Wright was supposed to be awesome per se, or even Joba for that matter. He was hyped by Yankee fans after a handful of innings in the bullpen in '07.
    Mike Mussina was not nearly as good with NY as he was with Baltimore. He had some good years, sure, but 4 of his 8 years in pinstripes were pretty average and 3 of those he had an ERA+ under 100.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    This RAB article sums up exactly how I feel about this:

http://riveraveblues.com/2012/04/los...-pineda-67527/
    "Mistakes are unavoidable in baseball, but not all are forgivable."

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Mike Mussina

Joba was not hyped by Yankees fans. Most never even heard of him until he came up to the majors. I'm not sure if you're unaware of the praise Joba got coming thru the system or are just ignoring it.

Good job kicking the tires Cashman. Jack Z., you are one heck of a Car Salesman. You may not have known about the injury, but you must have at least heard a funny noise coming from under the hood, eh buddy?

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    the fact that he's so young and having this is the concern. His velocity will probably take a dip. Remember Brandon Webb, he can barely hit 87 now.
    Didn't Brandon Webb have a rotator cuff injury?
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Thread Information