+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: New Clemens Trial: Several Former Yanks on Witness List

since Clemens can afford unlimited attorney fees,
    him and the US attorneys are in this runaway train of bs together.

Miguel Tejada pled guilty to lying to fed investigators about steroids and got a slap on the wrist and the guy wasn't even a US citizen.
    He should have been kicked back to DR on the first banana boat. His lawyers and agent convinced him pleading guilty was the best option.

can you ever imagine Clemens doing this ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYzZbWL0tU

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    since Clemens can afford unlimited attorney fees,
    him and the US attorneys are in this runaway train of bs together.

Miguel Tejada pled guilty to lying to fed investigators about steroids and got a slap on the wrist and the guy wasn't even a US citizen.
    He should have been kicked back to DR on the first banana boat. His lawyers and agent convinced him pleading guilty was the best option.

can you ever imagine Clemens doing this ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYzZbWL0tU
    It almost certainly was the best option. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of making a false representation, and apparently his lawyer had already discussed it with INS. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021101884.html)

If they'd charged him with making a false statement to federal investigators, it's a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

I still find it hard to believe that Clemens actually thinks that he can beat this rap. He is either in a fantasy world or totally convinced by lawyers who are getting paid a ton of money to continue to fight these charges. Too bad, because if he had admitted to taking drugs, he probably would have been accepted by the general baseball public and eventually been admitted to the HOF.

Clemens will beat this
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I still find it hard to believe that Clemens actually thinks that he can beat this rap. He is either in a fantasy world or totally convinced by lawyers who are getting paid a ton of money to continue to fight these charges. Too bad, because if he had admitted to taking drugs, he probably would have been accepted by the general baseball public and eventually been admitted to the HOF.
    I don't care if he gets convicted, he'll keep denying it until his last breath. That's just the Roger Clemens way.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I don't care if he gets convicted, he'll keep denying it until his last breath. That's just the Roger Clemens way.
    Yep, even if he walked into the courtroom with a PED-filled syringe sticking to his butt, he'd claim everybody mis-saw.

I forget who the analyst was, but he made the comment that Clemens actually believes he could not have done anything wrong, just because he is Roger Clemens.

I'd still like to know why McNamee kept the evidence all these years. At the time, I would assume the two were pretty close - at least that's what Clemens thought. It may have been the one thing he didn't count on.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

NYYF Legend

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
    Prosecutors have rested their case in the perjury trial of Roger Clemens.
    The government called the last of its 24 witnesses Tuesday, concluding 19 days of testimony. The last witness was a toxicologist from the FBI who testified about the various forms of vitamin B12.
    Including jury selection, the trial is now in its seventh week. It was originally expected to take four to six weeks.
    Clemens' lawyers say they will need about two weeks to call their witnesses.
    I feel for those poor jurors.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    And how soon after that the not guilty verdict?
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

Testimony complete. Closing arguments tomorrow. Not surprisingly, Clemens never took the stand.
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/80...namee-believed
    After the defense said it had rested its case, the jury was cleared from the room and U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton asked Clemens if he was aware of his right not to testify.

Clemens came up to the podium, leaned in, and said in a deep voice, "Yes sir, I am, not testifying."

Walton asked him if he had a chance to discuss the decision with his lawyers.

"Yes judge, I sure have," Clemens said.
    This is interesting:
    The former director of security for the New York Yankees, testified that McNamee can't be believed.

"I don't believe he could be believed under oath," said Gerald Laveroni, who was the team's security director from 2000-10.

Laveroni, who overlapped with Clemens and McNamee in 2000 and 2001, said he was around McNamee every day.

Clemens' lawyer Rusty Hardin asked how much credibility McNamee has.

"Zero," Laveroni replied.

hopefully the US attorney asked Laveroni on cross, if McNamee has zero credibilty, would you let him inject your wife with HGH? would you let him inject you with B-12?

NYYF Legend

I wonder if that lack of credibility includes the evidence he kept.

Wise decision not to have Clemens testify. He would probably say yet somebody else misremembered something.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Surprise, surprise, not guilty on all counts.
    Life is good!

I'm so happy he was found not guilty for lying to congress.......when will our politicians be charged with lying to American citizens?

It was a total waste of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by texasyankee View Post
    I'm so happy he was found not guilty for lying to congress.......when will our politicians be charged with lying to American citizens?

It was a total waste of my money.
    Don't worry, it didn't cost you a thing. All your money went to Solyndra.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

this day just keeps getting better and better
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I don't even know why Congress had to get involved in the first place. What waste of taxpayers' money.
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

NYYF Legend

Well, that was fun.

It was stressed on the news this morning that the verdict means that Clemens is not guilty of lying - not exhonerated from claims he took PED's. At this point, I think it doesn't matter. Down the line, it will be interesting to see if A-Rod and possibly Pettitte (right now, I don't think he's a HOFer) are given a "break" because they admitted using steroids as opposed to Clemens, Sosa, Palmeiro and McGuire. It's such a mess that I think you either have to vote them all in or not vote any of them in.

Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    Well, that was fun.

It was stressed on the news this morning that the verdict means that Clemens is not guilty of lying - not exhonerated from claims he took PED's. At this point, I think it doesn't matter. Down the line, it will be interesting to see if A-Rod and possibly Pettitte (right now, I don't think he's a HOFer) are given a "break" because they admitted using steroids as opposed to Clemens, Sosa, Palmeiro and McGuire. It's such a mess that I think you either have to vote them all in or not vote any of them in.
    The BBWAA has already delivered a pretty clear judgment on McGwire and Palmeiro, but I think a lot of writers will vote case by case rather than all or nothing.

We'll probably get a better sense of it later this year, when Bonds, Clemens and Sosa will all be on the ballot for the first time.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeGalSC View Post
    I don't even know why Congress had to get involved in the first place. What waste of taxpayers' money.

Lying under oath is a serious offense, doesnt matter if its national security or baseball they have to take it seriously.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Thread Information