+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    It's Patriot's Day...you know what that means...rosters lock at 11am.

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  2. #2
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Good luck this week to the Empire.


    Rosters locked 2-starts from Francisco Liriano into my lineup so you should be good to go this week...yanks will knock him out of the game by the 4th inning...of course if this is anything like last year...just when I expect Liriano to have a terrible week and bench him...he throws complete games so who knows what will happen.

  3. #3
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    It has been noted that Port City Yankees moved Anthony Bass into a RP slot. Although he is only eligible as RP per Sportsline, he is a SP this year, and is making two starts this week.

    NOW...normally the penalty is losing the pitcher points AND being "awarded" the lowest FA RP or SP (RP in this case) points for the week -- normally a negative number. HOWEVER, being the new guy, and maybe not knowing that rule, we have decided to move Bass to the bench, and put Crow into the RP slot. Crow was in PCY's l/u as a RP last week. There will be no other penalty.

    NOTE to PCY: We are happy to give Bass SP eligibility in advance of him earning it, just ask! (But not for this week, the deadline has passed...)

  4. #4
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wilmington, NC via Upstate NY

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    I am happy we use that rule as it has driven me crazy in the past facing somebody with 12-14 PSR. With my struggling relievers I gave in not knowing it was not allowed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    It has been noted that Port City Yankees moved Anthony Bass into a RP slot. Although he is only eligible as RP per Sportsline, he is a SP this year, and is making two starts this week.

    NOW...normally the penalty is losing the pitcher points AND being "awarded" the lowest FA RP or SP (RP in this case) points for the week -- normally a negative number. HOWEVER, being the new guy, and maybe not knowing that rule, we have decided to move Bass to the bench, and put Crow into the RP slot. Crow was in PCY's l/u as a RP last week. There will be no other penalty.

    NOTE to PCY: We are happy to give Bass SP eligibility in advance of him earning it, just ask! (But not for this week, the deadline has passed...)

  5. #5
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by YanksForLife View Post
    I am happy we use that rule as it has driven me crazy in the past facing somebody with 12-14 PSR. With my struggling relievers I gave in not knowing it was not allowed.
    No problem, that's why we didn't penalize you for the move. It's your one mulligan.

  6. #6
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    Good luck this week to the Empire.


    Rosters locked 2-starts from Francisco Liriano into my lineup so you should be good to go this week...yanks will knock him out of the game by the 4th inning...of course if this is anything like last year...just when I expect Liriano to have a terrible week and bench him...he throws complete games so who knows what will happen.
    Beating The Force would be a boost to my pathetic team. Once my offense gets going I will feel better but it is just sucking all around.

    Plus I need Fister back. He was a part of my plan!

    Good luck to you too sir.

  7. #7
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Beating The Force would be a boost to my pathetic team. Once my offense gets going I will feel better but it is just sucking all around.

    Plus I need Fister back. He was a part of my plan!

    Good luck to you too sir.

    I'd say Morales got off to a good start this week....ugh I am praying Liriano can atleast score 1 point vs. the yanks

  8. #8
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    My starters keep bringing me negative points. 4 starts so far this week, no QS. Who would have thought, my rotation looked decent on paper.

    This will be a loooong season.

  9. #9
    2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    ON Canada

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Dear Albert Pujols,
    Time to start hitting chum!
    Sincerely,
    Miko

  10. #10

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    The GRANDY MAN CAN!


  11. #11
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRo View Post
    My starters keep bringing me negative points. 4 starts so far this week, no QS. Who would have thought, my rotation looked decent on paper.

    This will be a loooong season.

    Amen to that...I'd be better off right now each week just running shields and billz out there

  12. #12
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by PinstripePride View Post
    The GRANDY MAN CAN!
    5 HR's in 3 games...unreal

  13. #13
    NYYF HOF

    ruthianblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Feeling good this week. Of course, I was up by 90 last week and still lost.

  14. #14
    AL MVP 2035 Yankees Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Spokane Valley, WA

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Can somebody please see to giving Hector Noesi SP eligibility? Many thanks.

  15. #15
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees Empire View Post
    Can somebody please see to giving Hector Noesi SP eligibility? Many thanks.
    Done. You now have an illegal roster, so bench one of your SP.

  16. #16
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    I see my game with the force will come down to the wire. Good luck sir.

    I'm just happy to say for the first time all season I actually have a lead. Not that it's going to last, my team is awful. Upton back for me will hopefully help.

    If anyone is interested in an OFer, I have 4 legit in Holliday, Choo, Upton, and Bourne. I'd be happy to make a deal to upgrade my pitching staff. Perhaps I can toss Lindor or Arenado in to beef the deal up a bit.

  17. #17
    AL MVP 2035 Yankees Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Spokane Valley, WA

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Done. You now have an illegal roster, so bench one of your SP.
    Done. Thank you.

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    gdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    your face

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    So, Sportsline took away Verlander's start today. What's that about?

  19. #19
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    So, Sportsline took away Verlander's start today. What's that about?
    He was demoted to AA for lack of performance.

    Seriously though, it's a DH, so it might only show the 1st game pitcher. Don't worry, you'll get his stats.

  20. #20
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    So, Sportsline took away Verlander's start today. What's that about?
    You should just trade him away ...unacceptable

  21. #21
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Perfect game for Philip Humber! Didn't we vote a 1000 point bonus for Perfect Games?

  22. #22
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Perfect game for Philip Humber! Didn't we vote a 1000 point bonus for Perfect Games?
    What in the world was Brendan Ryan swinging at on the last pitch....Humber threw it 5ft outside lol

  23. #23
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Looks like I will have my first Team of the Week honors since 2009.

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend

    DontHateOnNumber2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Florida

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    I wanted so badly for that start to be rescheduled for some other week lol Now with Cliff Lee on the DL I'm effed unless my guys step it up.

  25. #25
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Week 3 Thread, Happy Patriot's Day!

    Damn what a comeback. A little weather help though....... Good game force.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts