+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 552
  1. #451

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    When you're smiling
    When you're smiling
    The whole world smiles with you

    When you're laughing
    When you're laughing
    The sun comes shining through

    But when you're crying
    You bring on the rain
    So stop your sighing
    Be happy again

    Keep on smiling
    Cause when you're smiling
    The whole world smiles with you


  2. #452
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Dude had no intention on putting the ball in play. Just kept golfing away. That type of sh... deserves a benching.

  3. #453

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Do not want more of this guy.

  4. #454

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    A Jackson tripled to right

    P Fielder singled to center, A Jackson scored, M Cabrera to second.

    C Granderson struck out swinging


  5. #455

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    If this doesn't make it easier for Cashman to get down to $189 by 2014 (no Swisher or Granderson), then he seriously should get fired.

    Yes, I changed my mind. $15 million is far too much if we can't trade him. Who in their right mind would take on that contract for a HR or nothing, low contact hitter, who doesn't utilize his speed on offense and who is one of the worst CF in the game?

    It's official. It was a BAD trade.


  6. #456

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    If this doesn't make it easier for Cashman to get down to $189 by 2014 (no Swisher or Granderson), then he seriously should get fired.

    Yes, I changed my mind. $15 million is far too much if we can't trade him. Who in their right mind would take on that contract for a HR or nothing, low contact hitter, who doesn't utilize his speed on offense and who is one of the worst CF in the game?

    It's official. It was a BAD trade.
    Fully demonstrated by that catch by AJax off Chavez's bat.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  7. #457

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Getting to see him now, it's clear he's a vastly superior player to Grandy.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  8. #458

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Fully demonstrated by that catch by AJax off Chavez's bat.
    And to make matters worse, cost-controlled at $500k. It's times like this that I wish George was alive and running things, if only for a day.


  9. #459
    Addicted Member
    HondaCop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Curtis Granderson grounds out, second baseman Omar Infante to first baseman Prince Fielder.

    Austin Jackson doubles (1) on a line drive to center fielder Curtis Granderson.
    "Stay thirsty, my friends"

  10. #460

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    A Jackson doubled to deep center.


  11. #461

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Smile though your heart is aching
    Smile even though it's breaking
    When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
    If you smile through your fear and sorrow
    Smile and maybe tomorrow
    You'll see the sun come shining through for you

    Light up your face with gladness
    Hide every trace of sadness
    Although a tear may be ever so near
    That's the time you must keep on trying
    Smile, what's the use of crying?
    You'll find that life is still worthwhile
    If you just smile


    That's the time you must keep on trying
    Smile, what's the use of crying?
    You'll find that life is still worthwhile
    If you just smile


  12. #462

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Getting to see him now, it's clear he's a vastly superior player to Grandy.
    Not vastly superior...over the 3 years, Curtis has been better. Its just that the money and the projection going forward hurts Curtis' case.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  13. #463

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Not vastly superior...over the 3 years, Curtis has been better. Its just that the money and the projection going forward hurts Curtis' case.
    5.5 v 2.6 WAR in 2012 = vastly superior.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  14. #464

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    5.5 v 2.6 WAR in 2012 = vastly superior.
    Yeah, thats why I said over the past 3 years. Larger sample size...plus, Curtis was pretty good in the playoffs for us before this year.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  15. #465

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Yeah, thats why I said over the past 3 years. Larger sample size...plus, Curtis was pretty good in the playoffs for us before this year.
    2 of 3 years, Austin was the better player according to WAR.

  16. #466

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Yeah, thats why I said over the past 3 years. Larger sample size...plus, Curtis was pretty good in the playoffs for us before this year.
    Established pro v. rookie.

    It's obvious to me that AJax would be better in CF for this team.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  17. #467

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Its obvious now..but nobody was saying that in spring. If you were, then I hold my hands up.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  18. #468

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Its obvious now..but nobody was saying that in spring. If you were, then I hold my hands up.
    Trades are best examined after a few years. This one has come home to roost.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  19. #469

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    But again..after 2 years, nobody would have said that. Curtis could replicate his 2011 in 2013 and then everyone would be talking about how we got a good deal.

    Curtis is annoying everyone right now but we cant act like he has been terrible. 123 OPS+ as a Yankee.

    Over the next 8 years? Not a debate. But right now, it isnt a slam dunk...either way.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  20. #470

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    But again..after 2 years, nobody would have said that. Curtis could replicate his 2011 in 2013 and then everyone would be talking about how we got a good deal.

    Curtis is annoying everyone right now but we cant act like he has been terrible. 123 OPS+ as a Yankee.

    Over the next 8 years? Not a debate but right now, it isnt a slam dunk...either way.
    IMO he's regressing to the mean.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  21. #471

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread



  22. #472

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    Yes, I'm a girl.

  23. #473

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread



  24. #474
    Addicted Member
    HondaCop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    "Stay thirsty, my friends"

  25. #475
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

    He played above his head last year. MVP type of season.

    This is more of who is....lots of K's. Low obp. He's become a dead pull hitter and looks like he doesn't even try to hit the ball in the gap anymore like he did in Detroit.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts