+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by oneill96 View Post
    Man. I hope they don't sign him next year.
    That would be unwise, and sorry to report he'll be back. He has an option that will almost certainly be picked up. He's not a free agent.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    That would be unwise, and sorry to report he'll be back. He has an option that will almost certainly be picked up. He's not a free agent.
    How do you figure?

Quote Originally Posted by oneill96 View Post
    How do you figure?
    Have to agree with False. Given the club option of $13 million, it's well worth it (and wise) to pick it up. Also, it affords the team the option to potentially trade him during the season and get something in return prior to his becoming a free agent.

I'm sure last season might have gotten Granderson a reprieve from that guy's kill list, but after this year I'm sure he wrote him back on there in red lipstick.
    And who could blame him?

What a disappointing season and postseason thus far. And that's difficult as hell to say about a player that hit 43 homers.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Have to agree with False. Given the club option of $13 million, it's well worth it (and wise) to pick it up. Also, it affords the team the option to potentially trade him during the season and get something in return prior to his becoming a free agent.
    It's actually $15MM; he got a bump for finishing top 5 in the AL MVP voting last season.

And who could blame him?

What a disappointing season and postseason thus far. And that's difficult as hell to say about a player that hit 43 homers.
    I could blame him. His season was disappointing compared to last season, when he was insane... but hardly a bust. Hopefully he can keep the power output, trade a few K's for walks and patrol LF next season. And let's keep in mind that "postseason thus far" consists of 3 games.

I could blame him. His season was disappointing compared to last season, when he was insane... but hardly a bust. Hopefully he can keep the power output, trade a few K's for walks and patrol LF next season. And let's keep in mind that "postseason thus far" consists of 3 games.
    this is true but the swings he has taken in those 3 games have been brutal.

that AB in the 7th inning he had was probably the worst AB ive seen from any yankee this season.

It's actually $15MM; he got a bump for finishing top 5 in the AL MVP voting last season.
    Good info; I didn't know that. Still would be the wise choice for the club to pick up the option, if only to try to get some pieces for him in a trade. Beyond that, I'd stay away from him given his age, inconsistency at the plate and subpar defense that will only worsen with age.

I wasn't impressed with his overall game despite his 43 homers. His ability to make contact with the ball seems to be declining and his low OBP was disappointing.

As for his "postseason thus far" consisting of "only" 3 games, if not for Girardi's brass balls and Raul's heroics those 3 games would have meant facing elimination tonight, and he's been a big part of the team's offensive futility. He's certainly not alone, but he's a player that we were all counting on (given past playoff performances), but instead he's been nothing more than a whiff machine.

Good info; I didn't know that. Still would be the wise choice for the club to pick up the option, if only to try to get some pieces for him in a trade. Beyond that, I'd stay away from him given his age, inconsistency at the plate and subpar defense that will only worsen with age.
    Agreed, but they'd be foolish to sell low. The guy is still a hell of a ball player. If he was a FA, I might hope they steer clear if he was looking for a long term, high AAV deal. But for 1/$15MM (with a $2MM buyout)? No brainer. And as I've said since the day they acquired him, he should be in LF and Gardner should be in CF.

I wasn't impressed with his overall game despite his 43 homers. His ability to make contact with the ball seems to be declining and his low OBP was disappointing.

As for his "postseason thus far," if not for Girardi's brass balls and Raul's heroics those 3 games would have meant facing elimination tonight, and he's been a big part of the team's offensive futility. He's certainly not alone, but he's a player that we were all counting on (given past playoff performances), but instead he's been nothing more than a whiff machine.
    Sure, great hitters routinely have unfortunate 3 game spells of suck, and atrocious hitters (Flaherty anyone?) sometimes string together a few big hits in 3 games. Would you let Swisher walk and sign Ibanez to a multi-year deal based on his 2 HR in 3 games?

Sure, great hitters routinely have unfortunate 3 game spells of suck, and atrocious hitters (Flaherty anyone?) sometimes string together a few big hits in 3 games. Would you let Swisher walk and sign Ibanez to a multi-year deal based on his 2 HR in 3 games?
    I couldn't agree more with where you're going with this. However, as much as I was counting on Granderson to mimic past playoff performances, what he's done these three games is hardly surprising, as he's often looked this bad during the season for far too many stretches. So, it's not like this SSS isn't a reflection of how he's performed this year. That being said, if this is a microcosm of his season, we should expect a homer or two from him before the ALDS is over.

Grab some pine next to Arod.

NYYF Cy Young

This guy is a blackhole he needs to be dropped in the order.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    This guy is a blackhole
    wow, racist
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Cy Young

C Granderson struck out swinging

Shock

NYYF Legend

He looks so lost right now.

NYYF Legend

I'm sorry, I have to laugh to keep from crying.

He has looked lost for 2 months.
    "No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in." - Bill Hicks

"Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand." - Leo Durocher

Addicted Member

Can Ibaņez play CF?
    "Stay thirsty, my friends"

Bench this complete and utter waste of space.

Kevin Long's swan song right here. SEE YA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HondaCop View Post
    Can Ibaņez play CF?

No, but Gardner can. And perhaps should.

Released Outright

Going for another Hat-trick tonight.

Despite his flaws Granderson has some value, nobody is disputing that and its not the point. I will maintain what I have said, any team that gives him a multiyear deal for big $$$ has no right to complain after the fact.

Addicted Member

Feed him some steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by NY Dude View Post
    Feed him some steroids.
    So that when he strikes out, he can shred the water cooler with his bare hands?

Thread Information