+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 Curtis Granderson Performance Thread

Awesome to see Curtis explode like that last night. From what I'd seen his timing had been off, jumping ahead on pitches, but last night he was absolutely locked in on everything. Almost more impressive in the later at bats when they weren't giving him anything to hit. Great game.

NYYF Legend

Curtain Call for Grandstanderson - why can't stuff like this happen whenever I can see a Yankee ballgame?

I felt confident he would figure it out.....but damn, that was a performance for the ages.
    The three-homer game was the first for a Yankees player since Alex Rodriguez had one at Kansas City on Aug. 14, 2010. The only Yankee to hit four home runs in one game was Lou Gehrig, who did it against the Philadelphia Athletics on June 3, 1932. The crowd rose to its feet in the sixth and eighth innings when Granderson had a chance to add to his already memorable night.

“It’s nice to see,” said Reggie Jackson, who hit three home runs in the clinching game of the 1977 World Series. “I would have liked to seen him hit the fourth.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/sp...it_th_20120420
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Was at the game, Pretty awesome. Crowd was really into it.
    [QUOTE=TheKillerB's]Bichette is going to be big, quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

NYYF MVP

Needs 3 more hits to 1,000. Maybe tomorrow....
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

121st Street & a On The End Ave.

He's literally carrying this team on his back and one of the very few Yankees earning their salary.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    He's literally carrying this team on his back and one of the very few Yankees earning their salary.
    He's doing well, but "carrying this team on his back"?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Right now, he's leading the team in HRS (11), second in RBI (20) and second in R (22). I don't know if that qualifies as carrying the team, but he's definitely doing some heavy lifting.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I think it's the use of the word 'literally" that can be most easily questioned
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    I think it's the use of the word 'literally" that can be most easily questioned

Yeah, I got carried away just a tad. And we can 86 "literally."

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Sabathia and Jeter say "lol, hi."
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Sabathia and Jeter say "lol, hi."
    They just texted me. They actually said "omg lulz, hi."

I really wish the Yanks would just permanently install Granderson in the 3, 4 or 5 spot. The guy should not be hitting 6th. I know he's streaky and I know he strikes out a good amount, but hitting him 6th makes no sense.

They need to stop the nonsense with this lineup, stop worrying about egos and get the best hitters int he best spots. Cano, Granderson, Jeter and Swisher are their best hitters. Get them up as soon as possible.

Batting him 6th is absurd, especially with the mighty Andruw Jones batting 7th, "protecting" him in the lineup. They should bury another waste of an AB in the 6 hole....like Teixeira.

Batting him 6th is absurd, especially with the mighty Andruw Jones batting 7th, "protecting" him in the lineup. They should bury another waste of an AB in the 6 hole....like Teixeira.
    It's ridiculous. The guy hit 41 home runs last year and is on pace for something like 55 this year and they move him around and bury him in the 6 hole.

Do they realize there is a play-in game this year if they don't win the division? These games count. Put your best lineup out there and start buckling down. We're at the quarter-mark now. Stop with the nonsense.

NYYF MVP

Wow! This kid came to us and there's just no way that he was supposed to be this good, I heard that he wasn't that good of a fielder. I also heard that he couldn't hit lefty's, both of these things couldn't be more wrong!

I guess maybe he could be faster, but that might take away from his freak power. For his height and weight he's another Reggie Jackson. He's been killing lefty's and just hitting HR's with the league leaders,

Actually since he's been a Yankee, he's at times led the league in the HR category, and his fielding has been of gold glove caliber, his arm is average.. Still I'm so thankful that the Yankees made this deal, and brought this young star here. He's been a pleasure, he plays hard and he stands out.

When all is said and done, his numbers will be staggering!!

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Horrible ab against Arrendondo.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF Legend

Thought this needed bumping. Gotta love this guy.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Thought this needed bumping. Gotta love this guy.
    Definitely - so glad he's wearing blue pinstripes. IMO, he's one of the best acquistions the team's made.

NYYF Legend

Curtis is one of the classiest players to ever wear the pinstripes. I hope he remains a Yankee for a long time. He has a great future in baseball for a long time to come.

Grandyman!

NYYF Legend

Sometimes I forget he's 31 years old - plays and looks like he's 21. I may have to breakdown and get myself another jersey.

Dayum he strikes out a lot.

k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k
    Yes, I'm a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k
    Add 3 more tonight

Thread Information