+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Regular

Bringing my 9 Month Old Son to Opening Day

Has anyone ever taken an infant to a game? If so, anything I should know about before we go?

Re: Bringing my 9 Month Old Son to Opening Day

Quote Originally Posted by tonytarasco View Post
    Has anyone ever taken an infant to a game? If so, anything I should know about before we go?
    Ive taken my 1 year old grandson, and honestly it is not fun !! Its not fun for anyone around your seats if the baby is fussy.. You spend your day trying to make sure the baby is comfortable and quiet... And with the roar of the crowd, it can be tough.. Rethink it !!

Forum Regular

Well he's usually pretty well behaved and only cries when he's hungry so I'm not really worried about that. Even if he's having a bad day I can always take him for a walk around the stadium. Did you bring a stroller? Did you have to use one of the family restrooms?

Well he's usually pretty well behaved and only cries when he's hungry so I'm not really worried about that. Even if he's having a bad day I can always take him for a walk around the stadium. Did you bring a stroller? Did you have to use one of the family restrooms?
    Where are you sitting?..my son did not bring a stroller...Im sure it will be great fun for you . My son said he wont be taking him back till hes 3...I hope someone will be with you !!

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Where are you sitting?..my son did not bring a stroller...Im sure it will be great fun for you . My son said he wont be taking him back till hes 3...I hope someone will be with you !!
    Jim Beams. Yeah we were thinking about bringing a baby bjorn instead of a stroller.

If a foul ball comes your way, just let it go.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    If a foul ball comes your way, just let it go.
    That's easier said than done. The only ball from a Yankees game in 30+ years was a BP ball thrown to me by John Lackey last year. I might have to multitask.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a parent. But I'd bundle him up and have realistic expectations re: staying for the whole game.

LOL I took my niece to a Rockies game (they live in Denver) when she was three going on four...we lasted about three innings! She's now 10 and I brought her to a Yankees game last year and we lasted until the 7th inning I believe...it was a really hot day and my old seats were right in the sun though.

Forum Regular

[QUOTE=xenadanielle;7477835]DISCLAIMER: I am not a parent. But I'd bundle him up and have realistic expectations re: staying for the whole game.

We will be at the mercy of Metro North RR so it's going to be a long day. Meeting some friends for tailgaiting then the game so we are looking at 6-7 hours. He just handled a 6.5 hour flight to/from Mexico without freaking out so I think it will be ok. This Yankee Stadium thing should be a cakewalk!

1. Opening day might not be a good day to bring an infant to the stadium. Chances are he/she will be scared with the loud noise and so forth.

2. It might be better during summer months for infant - when they are giving away stuff for kids/infants. They might enjoy the game better than.

3. As for other people being irritated by your fussy infant - give them "at least I bring my kid to the game, do you?" look!

It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

[QUOTE=tonytarasco;7477852]
    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I am not a parent. But I'd bundle him up and have realistic expectations re: staying for the whole game.

We will be at the mercy of Metro North RR so it's going to be a long day. Meeting some friends for tailgaiting then the game so we are looking at 6-7 hours. He just handled a 6.5 hour flight to/from Mexico without freaking out so I think it will be ok. This Yankee Stadium thing should be a cakewalk!

I hope it is for you Tony !! I coudnt concentrate on the game..all eyes on baby all the time..
    No Balls will head up to jim beam seats, at least you have comfortable seats for yourself..Enjoy the day !!

Forum Regular

[QUOTE=yankeesfanatic;7477854]1. Opening day might not be a good day to bring an infant to the stadium. Chances are he/she will be scared with the loud noise and so forth.

Yeah that would suck. Live and learn!

Forum Regular

Nice! My son can't walk yet, but that will be him in the near future

[QUOTE=tonytarasco;7477852]
    Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post

Amazing and kudos. Obviously you and he are pros!

Anyway, it sounds like you will have some help too--good luck and let us know how it goes!

In 2008, I brought my 2.5 y/o & 5y/o (at the time) to an afternoon game. By the 3rd inn my 2 y/o was running up and down the stairs in the old UD. I had to take them for a walk, they spilled soda on the man infront of us. It was a great day but I wouldnt bring a 1 y/o you wont be able to watch or concentrate on the game. If you want to bring your son or daughter take them in the summer to a not hot ticket game where its not a big deal to go for a walk or miss an inning.

Tailgaiting and then the game? I think you are expecting a bit much.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by deadrabbit79 View Post
    Tailgaiting and then the game? I think you are expecting a bit much.
    OK, its more like stopping by to see the people I usually tailgate with for about 1/2 hour or so.

I have to 100% disagree with the people saying bring your child in the summer, by then he'll be 1 or older and that's when it gets really difficult. When they're younger and can't walk yet its much much easier. We used to bring my son when he was an infant, as soon as he was a month old and he mostly slept the whole time. The noise actually puts them to sleep, babies like background noise when sleeping, they do not follow the same patterns that adults do when it comes to sleeping. However once my son hit about a year or so and was much mroe curious about trying to walk or pull people's hair etc. we couldn't bring him anymore and decided to wait until he got a lot older. We always used the bjorn because it put him to sleep and he was extremely happy. Good luck!

I took my little girl to her first game last June. At that time she was 7 months. It was the first real hot day in June. The temp was in the 80s. I thought it would be a disaster, but it was great. We stood for the whole game . I remember Freddy Garcia pitched and andrew jones hit 2 homeruns. She sat on our laps and didnt fuss about anything . We sat just to the left of home plate in the grandstand level I forget the exact section. It was real hot when we first got there but he we got the shade as the game went on .
    I guess it all depends on how your baby is. I actually enjoyed myself and I thought I wouldn't.

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jpug1 View Post
    I took my little girl to her first game last June. At that time she was 7 months. It was the first real hot day in June. The temp was in the 80s. I thought it would be a disaster, but it was great. We stood for the whole game . I remember Freddy Garcia pitched and andrew jones hit 2 homeruns. She sat on our laps and didnt fuss about anything . We sat just to the left of home plate in the grandstand level I forget the exact section. It was real hot when we first got there but he we got the shade as the game went on .
    I guess it all depends on how your baby is. I actually enjoyed myself and I thought I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jross9389 View Post
    I have to 100% disagree with the people saying bring your child in the summer, by then he'll be 1 or older and that's when it gets really difficult. When they're younger and can't walk yet its much much easier. We used to bring my son when he was an infant, as soon as he was a month old and he mostly slept the whole time. The noise actually puts them to sleep, babies like background noise when sleeping, they do not follow the same patterns that adults do when it comes to sleeping. However once my son hit about a year or so and was much mroe curious about trying to walk or pull people's hair etc. we couldn't bring him anymore and decided to wait until he got a lot older. We always used the bjorn because it put him to sleep and he was extremely happy. Good luck!

It's definitely good to hear some success stories!! Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfanatic View Post
    1. Opening day might not be a good day to bring an infant to the stadium. Chances are he/she will be scared with the loud noise and so forth.

2. It might be better during summer months for infant - when they are giving away stuff for kids/infants. They might enjoy the game better than.

3. As for other people being irritated by your fussy infant - give them "at least I bring my kid to the game, do you?" look!

"They might enjoy the game better than"????????? Plenty of infants enjoy the game regardless if they are give aways............. HA HA HA!

It's definitely good to hear some success stories!! Thanks for the feedback everyone!!
    I would not reccomend bringing an infant to a ball game at all. Especically one where attendance will be at capacity.......

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_Pasqua_Pags View Post
    I would not reccomend bringing an infant to a ball game at all. Especically one where attendance will be at capacity.......
    In spite of the success stories I would not recommend bringing an infant either; especially if you want to actually enjoy the game yourself. And OD just seems to be long and everywhere you go it's crowded.

BTW - are you bringing the baby because you want to or because you have to?

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    In spite of the success stories I would not recommend bringing an infant either; especially if you want to actually enjoy the game yourself. And OD just seems to be long and everywhere you go it's crowded.

BTW - are you bringing the baby because you want to or because you have to?
    I'm taking him because I want to. Being a Yankees Fan is a big part of my life, and I hope it becomes a big part of his as well. I can't see myself waiting a few years for the fear that I might miss part of a game due to a fussy baby. If it's not happening then we try again some other time - no big deal.

Thread Information