+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 25 of 253

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    That was painful to watch last night.

  2. #2

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    It's not like I was expecting the guy to pitch a shutout, but you expect him to at least keep you in the game (which, strangely enough, he actually did). Five wild pitches? That's just not Garcia. He didn't even give up many hits either, which I suppose is a sliver lining. It's not that he was getting rocked, he just couldn't throw strikes at all.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

  3. #3

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    It's not like I was expecting the guy to pitch a shutout, but you expect him to at least keep you in the game (which, strangely enough, he actually did). Five wild pitches? That's just not Garcia. He didn't even give up many hits either, which I suppose is a sliver lining. It's not that he was getting rocked, he just couldn't throw strikes at all.
    No question, he is the 5th starter, he couldnt grip the ball.

  4. #4
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    That's the worst I've ever seen him pitch. It was hard. However, having throw 35 pitches in the first inning, he still managed to get another three plus innings without imploding and putting the team in a huge hole. He'll improve, give us decent and above average production for a guy who is probably behind two other starters who are currently not in our rotation at present. He is what he is and we were all happy when we re-signed him during the offseason.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  5. #5
    Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    He is what he is and we were all happy when we re-signed him during the offseason.
    i wasn't an advocate actually. I expect meaningful regression from last year and he is always an injury risk. Pulling for the guy, but even before the other changes to the rotation I thought Cashman should have tapped out after one incredibly valuable season.

  6. #6
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    i wasn't an advocate actually. I expect meaningful regression from last year and he is always an injury risk. Pulling for the guy, but even before the other changes to the rotation I thought Cashman should have tapped out after one incredibly valuable season.
    Fair enough, I also expected regression from him but felt the signing was worth it because it's only a one year deal.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    No question, he is the 5th starter, he couldnt grip the ball.
    I was wondering about that - gripping the ball. Temps were probably in mid-40's last night.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  8. #8

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I was wondering about that - gripping the ball. Temps were probably in mid-40's last night.

    Had to be, I dont remember if the umps allowed the pitchers to blow on their hands.

  9. #9
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Now in Section 312

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    5 Wild Pitches... holy F!
    I thought they got ridda Burnett.....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  10. #10
    Legend DJ27's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Black Hills

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    5 Wild Pitches... holy F!
    I thought they got ridda Burnett.....
    I actually thought of that too. Hope it was just a bad night.
    Speak softly but carry a big stick.

  11. #11
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Now in Section 312

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ27 View Post
    I actually thought of that too. Hope it was just a bad night.
    Well - he certainly cannot keep tossing away 5 WPs a night and expect to stay in the rotation
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  12. #12
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Watching Freddy battle last night and never give in kind of reminded me of El Duque, but with worse stuff. I'm hoping the cold weather was what bothered him and he'll improve in his next start. If he can't he won't be in the rotation for long.

  13. #13

    Re: 2012 Freddy Garcia performance thread.

    Still early, but hes making Girardis decision very easy when Pettitte or Pineda are ready to go.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts