+ Reply to Thread
    I'd Rather Play Calvinball NyQuil's Avatar

Yankees Audio on iPhone?

Long story short, the Yankees affiliate station switched formats and does not carry their games. I am on an ambulance three to five nights out if the week. Is there an app I can get to tune in to the games. I also have tunein if anyone knows a station.
    I'm in your thread, stealing RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees' identity.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...

NYYF Legend

Re: Yankees Audio on iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    Long story short, the Yankees affiliate station switched formats and does not carry their games. I am on an ambulance three to five nights out if the week. Is there an app I can get to tune in to the games. I also have tunein if anyone knows a station.
    Only way I know of is to buy MLB ATBAT 12. You can listen to any game you want. It runs 14.99 for the entire season. I am listening to the game as I type. Its my first year using this and I like it so far. I'm on an Android device through Verizon.

Here is a source that will allow you to get the iphone version: http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/
    Last edited by CalYankeeFan; 04-10-12 at 11:58 PM.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Go to the app store and download the free app called CBS-New York (or just search for CBS). It lets you listen to WFAN, 1010 News, and 880AM. It works great and its free. (Yes it even works over 3G, just make sure its not eating your data plan. I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan so I never worry)

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisdead911 View Post
    Go to the app store and download the free app called CBS-New York (or just search for CBS). It lets you listen to WFAN, 1010 News, and 880AM. It works great and its free. (Yes it even works over 3G, just make sure its not eating your data plan. I'm on a grandfathered unlimited plan so I never worry)
    I thought it doesn't let you listen to the local broadcast.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by superyan View Post
    I thought it doesn't let you listen to the local broadcast.
    I tried this several years ago - when the game comes on 880 over-the-air, the on-line audio is still the news.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I tried this several years ago - when the game comes on 880 over-the-air, the on-line audio is still the news.

That was my experience as well...I still believe At Bat 12 is your best, if not only, option.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

While I wouldn't sign up for this reason, but if you have the Sirius/XM app they now have game broadcasts on that as well.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    While I wouldn't sign up for this reason, but if you have the Sirius/XM app they now have game broadcasts on that as well.
    Where did you learn of this?

EDIT - I got it.... Thanks for the enlightenment!
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

I highly recommend the MLB ATBat App. You can listen to both broadcast (home and away) for every single game and it works great on 3G. The stats and gamecasts are also super easy to navigate and simple.

It does seem the App costs a couple more bucks each year, but I think its worth it. Love listening to my fantasy pitcher's game when they start too. The CBS free app blacks out the yanks games when they start.

i have an iphone and have had MLB At Bat for the past few years and it is great. You can listen to either teams announces and can catch any game. Plus it has Gameday and even video highlights of the game.

Plus there is a free MLB.TV Game of the Day video each day. Sure, it's usually a crappy game (it could almost be an affiliate of the Pirates. ) but it's still cool.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    i have an iphone and have had MLB At Bat for the past few years and it is great. You can listen to either teams announces and can catch any game. Plus it has Gameday and even video highlights of the game.

Plus there is a free MLB.TV Game of the Day video each day. Sure, it's usually a crappy game (it could almost be an affiliate of the Pirates. ) but it's still cool.
    A few hours after the game they will load a condensed version of the game...I'm finding that feature pretty cool when I can't actually see the game or listen as intently as I would like.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bboomer232 View Post
    I highly recommend the MLB ATBat App. You can listen to both broadcast (home and away) for every single game and it works great on 3G. The stats and gamecasts are also super easy to navigate and simple.

It does seem the App costs a couple more bucks each year, but I think its worth it. Love listening to my fantasy pitcher's game when they start too. The CBS free app blacks out the yanks games when they start.
    Agree completely. For $14.99 you get home and away audio of every MLB game. Can't beat it. I had XM but they only offer home audio and for much, much more. MLB At Bat is a great deal, IMO.

Heidi
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by MunsonNY15 View Post
    Agree completely. For $14.99 you get home and away audio of every MLB game. Can't beat it. I had XM but they only offer home audio and for much, much more. MLB At Bat is a great deal, IMO.

Heidi
    Is this app available on the i-pad as well? Might be a good reason for me to finally get one.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Irascible Yankee Fan View Post
    Is this app available on the i-pad as well? Might be a good reason for me to finally get one.
    Sure is....go here: http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/

It's the second one down.

I know another friend of mine used the i <3 radio app and added the rochester feed or something like that and got the broadcast for free. Maybe look into something like that?

NYYF Cy Young

I know another friend of mine used the i <3 radio app and added the rochester feed or something like that and got the broadcast for free. Maybe look into something like that?
    Can you ask your friend - what rochester feed/station he was referring to?

Here are the Rochester stations on the Yankees radio network.

WHAM (1180) / WHTK (1280) Rochester, NY

I'll check it out if I think about it but I doubt they have the game.

NYYF Legend

I bought At Bat 13 through MLB for use on my home computer (actually I've had an automatically renewing subscription for years). I love it for games like yesterday's, when even Sterling and Suzyn are an improvement over what we get from Fox.

Now I have a Samsung tablet (Android) and I can't figure out any way to transfer the paid subscription to the device (though I can easily download a free app with no Gameday and no audio). It seems I have to re-purchase it through the Google Play Store?

Does anyone know anything to to the contrary?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by CalYankeeFan View Post
    A few hours after the game they will load a condensed version of the game...I'm finding that feature pretty cool when I can't actually see the game or listen as intently as I would like.
    Thank you for that tip! I have the AtBat app and never noticed that feature.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Thank you for that tip! I have the AtBat app and never noticed that feature.
    Well, glad I bumped the thread then ...

But can anyone answer my question?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I bought At Bat 13 through MLB for use on my home computer (actually I've had an automatically renewing subscription for years). I love it for games like yesterday's, when even Sterling and Suzyn are an improvement over what we get from Fox.

Now I have a Samsung tablet (Android) and I can't figure out any way to transfer the paid subscription to the device (though I can easily download a free app with no Gameday and no audio). It seems I have to re-purchase it through the Google Play Store?

Does anyone know anything to to the contrary?
    I would try MLB.com support or the Google Play Store support before re buying. I'm an iphone app user so can't help you.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    I would try MLB.com support or the Google Play Store support before re buying. I'm an iphone app user so can't help you.
    Thanks ... Maybe I'll try posting in the "The Ask anything about computers thread" thread.

Thread Information