+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 427
  1. #351
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    if they indeed plan on reaching that stupid 189 marker, then they're gonna have to cut costs wherever they can, and making a bullpen out of homegrown and/or cost-controlled arms seems to be one of the few ways they can achieve that

    i stand by my word that soriano will end up with the tigers... their bullpen sucked major balls this year, and boras always has a sucker in mike ilitch
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  2. #352
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    if they indeed plan on reaching that stupid 189 marker, then they're gonna have to cut costs wherever they can, and making a bullpen out of homegrown and/or cost-controlled arms seems to be one of the few ways they can achieve that

    i stand by my word that soriano will end up with the tigers... their bullpen sucked major balls this year, and boras always has a sucker in mike ilitch
    I think that's a pretty good prediction, as much as we can guess about these things
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  3. #353

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Soriano wasn't really embraced by the Yankee organization or the fans so it makes sense if he opts out for a better deal with another team.

  4. #354
    The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    On the bench

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkyankees6 View Post
    Soriano wasn't really embraced by the Yankee organization or the fans so it makes sense if he opts out for a better deal with another team.
    Except I doubt he'll get a better deal elsewhere. If Soriano thinks he'll get a higher annual average salary than what his current Yankee contract calls for, then Boras will have once again misread the market.

    In all fairness, Papelbon signed for 4 years/$50 million last winter, and he was younger with a more established track record than Sori.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

  5. #355
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    CT

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet View Post
    Except I doubt he'll get a better deal elsewhere. If Soriano thinks he'll get a higher annual average salary than what his current Yankee contract calls for, then Boras will have once again misread the market.

    In all fairness, Papelbon signed for 4 years/$50 million last winter, and he was younger with a more established track record than Sori.
    He won't but he will end up with more guaranteed overall money.
    Life is good!

  6. #356

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Soriano will opt out today.

  7. #357

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkyankees6 View Post
    Soriano will opt out today.
    It had to happen. Having 2 relievers on this team making 8 figures makes me cringe. Cash has shown that he is able to find bullpen arms for on the cheap down on the farm and via minor league free agency. The pen is going to be a big way in which this team gets under 189
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

    -CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

  8. #358

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    It had to happen. Having 2 relievers on this team making 8 figures makes me cringe. Cash has shown that he is able to find bullpen arms for on the cheap down on the farm and via minor league free agency. The pen is going to be a big way in which this team gets under 189
    So it's pretty much guaranteed he's not coming back?

  9. #359

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkyankees6 View Post
    So it's pretty much guaranteed he's not coming back?
    We'll see what the market dictates. Taking the Yankees qualifying offer wouldn't be the worst thing in the world (for the Yankees) but coming off this season, I see no way he can't get at least 3/36.
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

    -CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

  10. #360
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Yankee Tripper - told ya so!

  11. #361
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    he's probably looking for years... there's no way anyone's gonna pay him close to 14
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  12. #362
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    he's probably looking for years... there's no way anyone's gonna pay him close to 14
    He's looking for guaranteed dollars.

  13. #363

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    So how come some of you really never embraced Soriano despite his pretty good season filling in for Rivera. Was it his attitude, the jersey untucking, not speaking much English?

  14. #364
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    He's looking for guaranteed dollars.
    i miss you
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  15. #365
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    according to heyman, soriano just officially opted out
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  16. #366
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    i miss you
    You too pal.

  17. #367
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    You too pal.
    so... i hear you're married now?
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  18. #368
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    so... i hear you're married now?
    The rumors are true. I'm sorry dude.

  19. #369
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    He's looking for guaranteed dollars.
    I must say, you were correct and I was wrong. I thought there was about 0.00001% chance he'd opt out last spring.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  20. #370
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I must say, you were correct and I was wrong. I thought there was about 0.00001% chance he'd opt out last spring.
    There probably was until Mo went down
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  21. #371
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I must say, you were correct and I was wrong. I thought there was about 0.00001% chance he'd opt out last spring.
    Thanks for admitting it. I remember the day Mo got hurt I said that one potential positive was that Soriano may now opt-out. I believe that's what spurred our convo.

  22. #372
    NYYF Legend

    flymick24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    What's it to you?

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    The rumors are true. I'm sorry dude.
    JVIS and i were having a conversation about you the other day during our pillow talk... we were planning our annual orgy, but figured that you wouldn't be down for that type of stuff anymore... sigh
    help feed the hungry:

    www.thehungersite.com

  23. #373
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    There probably was until Mo went down
    Yeah I get that but I still thought there was way less than 5% chance even as late as the ASB.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  24. #374
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    JVIS and i were having a conversation about you the other day during our pillow talk... we were planning our annual orgy, but figured that you wouldn't be down for that type of stuff anymore... sigh
    Tell him I said hello. I'll send a replacement.

  25. #375

    Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

    He just untucked himself out of his contract.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts