+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast
    Faith is a funny thing.

Re: 2012 Rafael Soriano Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    You guys worry about the money too much, George is dead and his sons aren't looking to spend anymore.. Even if they dump his contract, they're not buying anyone else unless they find a pitcher in the 1 or 2 million dollar range. Also you could forget about any American talent, that's why there are so many passionate Met fans, more Americans.
    If that's really a concern, trade Rafael and move any one of the numerous pitchers in AAA who are ready into his spot.

Also you could forget about any American talent, that's why there are so many passionate Met fans, more Americans.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

We'd be a better team without him, his contract while rotating two or three young pitchers who have minor leage options.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

All I could say is if Mo or Robertson goes down for any length of time, we would regret not keeping him for insurance of just that. Lets keep in mind that Mo is getting on in years, an if he goes down then what??
    Good point, but if they can trade him, I think they have to do it and not worry about "what ifs". The Yanks have enough pitching talent that someone will step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Well I'm not sure the giants sign on for that, in fact I'd be shocked if they they wanted to pick up that kind of coin for a closer, but if the Yanks could move his fianacial commitment to SF, more power the Brian Cashman.
    Ofcourse it all depends on if SF wants to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by Huktonfonix View Post
    The Steinbrenners could take the salary savings and light it on fire in the outfield grass and I'd still be in favor of moving Soriano if there are any takers. Beyond his absurd salary, he's got a terrible attitude and his results aren't much better.
    This isn't really fair. His 'tude has been better this year.
    The rest of your statment though.... I concur.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Ofcourse it all depends on if SF wants to pay him.
    There is almost no reason to think they would want to pay him his 2012 salary, let alone be locked into his 2013 player option.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    We'd be a better team without him, his contract while rotating two or three young pitchers who have minor leage options.
    I disagree that they would be better without him.

I do agree they could use the money they are paying him more wisely on other areas that could make them better.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    There is almost no reason to think they would want to pay him his 2012 salary, let alone be locked into his 2013 player option.
    Yep, but if SF did do it, Cash would be crazy not to trade him.

Yep, but if SF did do it, Cash would be crazy not to trade him.
    Who is anyone kidding....

Brian Cashman is in the car, ready to drive this guy to the airport.
    Only problem is, The Steinbrenners are holding the keys to the ignition.
    Cash would need owner approval before moving any player, anywhere. And being that Soriano was an owner move, I'm not too sure they'd be willing to just get rid of him for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Who is anyone kidding....

Brian Cashman is in the car, ready to drive this guy to the airport.
    Only problem is, The Steinbrenners are holding the keys to the ignition.
    Cash would need owner approval before moving any player, anywhere. And being that Soriano was an owner move, I'm not too sure they'd be willing to just get rid of him for nothing.
    To get that $$ off the books to hit Hals magical salary #, Im sure he would ok a trade for a lesser prospect.

To get that $$ off the books to hit Hals magical salary #, Im sure he would ok a trade for a lesser prospect.
    I don't doubt it...

Also you could forget about any American talent, that's why there are so many passionate Met fans, more Americans.
    Like sweet lou, I'm not really sure what this means, (let alone its accuracy), but it does make me wonder how passionate Yankee fans might be about Mo if only he were American.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Soriano will be off the books for 2014 anyway
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
    Lou what do you think I'm saying, let me quickly say that when I was a kid that there were 10 or more ball parks in maybe a 4 or 5mile area. Some of these parks had up to 3 diamonds each, I know because my father played rec-league hardball.

What I'm getting at is that there wasn't an open diamond on Saturday or Sunday every diamond had 2 teams playing, and 2 teams waiting. I know where you thought I was going, but there were all white teams & all black teams & mixed teams. Tell me Lou what happened? where did hardball go?

I'm not even sure that there's little league, I know that there's no rec-leagues left, the only games that you can catch(watch), are softball games. Hardball is and has been for years a dead Issue, an I'm not from a little town! Lou, you should know by now that I have no problem talking about race...

Oh, before I close I didn't bring up high schools, there may be 8 to 10 high schools where I live an I'm not sure if they play hardball. I know that my son didn't, but I don't know if the public schools offer it anymore. That's my point Lou! What happened to hardball in america??

NYYF Legend

I'm not even sure that there's little league, I know that there's no rec-leagues left, the only games that you can catch(watch), are softball games. Hardball is and has been for years a dead Issue, an I'm not from a little town! Lou, you should know by now that I have no problem talking about race...
    Ray not sure where your at but we have every diamond in our area playing games every night and all day saturday with baseball or fastpitch softball right now with kids age 4-17.

And I played in a Sunday adult rec league until about 10 years ago when my kids started taking up too much of my weekends but I still no some guys who play in the Sunday league.

And every High School in our area has both a Baseball team for boys and fastpitch softball team for girls.
    Baseball is life;

Lou what do you think I'm saying, let me quickly say that when I was a kid that there were 10 or more ball parks in maybe a 4 or 5mile area. Some of these parks had up to 3 diamonds each, I know because my father played rec-league hardball.

What I'm getting at is that there wasn't an open diamond on Saturday or Sunday every diamond had 2 teams playing, and 2 teams waiting. I know where you thought I was going, but there were all white teams & all black teams & mixed teams. Tell me Lou what happened? where did hardball go?

Oh, before I close I didn't bring up high schools, there may be 8 to 10 high schools where I live an I'm not sure if they play hardball. I know that my son didn't, but I don't know if the public schools offer it anymore. That's my point Lou! What happened to hardball in america??
    I don't think I can answer you on that ... I coach my son's little league team up here in the suburbs of Massachusetts and baseball is alive and well at least for kids his age.

You said something about the Mets having more Americans on their team ... not sure how that relates to ballparks built for public recreation.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I don't think I can answer you on that ... I coach my son's little league team up here in the suburbs of Massachusetts and baseball is alive and well at least for kids his age.

You said something about the Mets having more Americans on their team ... not sure how that relates to ballparks built for public recreation.
    You know what Lou, try bordering the Bronx with your family then tell me how much recreation that there is? All the factory work is gone, and that goes for friends and relatives too. You can twist away I don't care, good for you! Your living the american dream.

Yes Lou we shipped out all the blue collar jobs, so now lets bring in foreigners to fill our baseball needs too..

You know what Lou, try bordering the Bronx with your family then tell me how much recreation that there is? All the factory work is gone, and that goes for friends and relatives too. You can twist away I don't care, good for you! Your living the american dream.

Yes Lou we shipped out all the blue collar jobs, so now lets bring in foreigners to fill our baseball needs too..
    I don't want to argue with you about this, especially since I can barely understand your point. It seems that Chinese factories are colluding with parks and recreation to ruin the country, but at least the Mets still buy American. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    they took yer jerbs?!

Dude I live in new Rochelle and play in a wood bat adult hardball league that has teams in westchester, rockland, Brooklyn, manhattan, and Connecticut. I know for a fact we aren't the only league in any of those areas. There are several over 30 and over 40 leagues and babe Ruth and pony leagues for kids. Don't the Goya leagues still exist? If you want to find it, baseball is not hiding. Yes softball is more popular because americans are fat and lazy (that's another subject) and soccer is taking up a lot of fields, which sucks (not because I'm racist, because soccer sucks), but baseball is still around if you know where to look.

Back on topic, what do you guys think it would take, in addition to Soriano, to get Brandon Belt, whom I assume had a three way with Bruce Bochy's wife and daughter.

Most of Noodledude's points on this page make More sense than the Giants giving up Belt for a deal that is base around Soriano but I'm sure you realise that.

Soriano did his job on Friday and that's all we can ask of him.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Most of Noodledude's points on this page make More sense than the Giants giving up Belt for a deal that is base around Soriano but I'm sure you realise that.

Soriano did his job on Friday and that's all we can ask of him.
    This makes two guys whose posts I can't understand. Did you just say that all Soriano's base are belong to San Francisco?

Thread Information