+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 198 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4946
  1. #4251
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I'd sure like to know why the Yankees series is the only one where if the series goes five games there is no off day before the LCS. Beyond the problems with the rotation it also could mess up the bullpen. Say Joe needs to use Robertson, Joba and Soraino in games 3,4,5. Without an off day before the LCS they could all be not able to pitch game one of the LCS. As bad as the 2,3 format is not having that off day could be a much bigger problem. And it's only a factor in the Yankees series. Once again Selig sticks it to us!
    It's ridiculous how desperate Bud was to get the 5th team into the playoffs this year, but I'm pretty sure this schedule was made well before they knew which teams it would affect.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  2. #4252
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    It's ridiculous how desperate Bud was to get the 5th team into the playoffs this year, but I'm pretty sure this schedule was made well before they knew which teams it would affect.
    They knew that this series would be the only one with no off day before the LCS. Yankees figured to have a good chance at best record or the WC. They could have just started this series on Saturday. I can never remember anytime since the multiple playoff format started in 1969 that a team did not have at least one off day between two series.

  3. #4253
    The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    This teams situational hitting is atrocious.

    I dont see how they can get any further in the playoffs if they dont address this.

    those runners on 2nd with no outs or 3rd with less than 2 outs need to score
    more often than they have been all season if we expect this team to make any noise.

    The way these teams currently stand i can see the Tigers Steamrolling right thru us in the ALCS ... if we even make it.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

  4. #4254

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    This teams situational hitting is atrocious.

    I dont see how they can get any further in the playoffs if they dont address this.
    How do you address this?

    I think you just have to hope it happens.
    Team Northern Lights

  5. #4255
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In front of the TV

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    It's too late for "addressing" at this point....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  6. #4256
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    I dont see how they can get any further in the playoffs if they dont address this.
    Well hit a ton of HRs, you know like how they set a franchise record this year. That would go a long way to fixing that.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  7. #4257
    Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Too Close to Fenway

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    They knew that this series would be the only one with no off day before the LCS. Yankees figured to have a good chance at best record or the WC. They could have just started this series on Saturday. I can never remember anytime since the multiple playoff format started in 1969 that a team did not have at least one off day between two series.
    I agree with you that it's a ridiculous situation, it just wasn't targeted at the Yankees. They put more emphasis on covering the TV schedule than making sure this didn't happen. Just have to hope at this point that the Yankees wrap it up in 4
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

  8. #4258

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Pretty pleased with the pitching so far.

    Keep us in games and hope the offense comes around.


  9. #4259
    The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Pretty pleased with the pitching so far.

    Keep us in games and hope the offense comes around.
    The pitching has been stellar.

    Its just extremely frustrating to watch them strand so many runners on base.

    The runs are there, so damn close yet so far.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

  10. #4260
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    They knew that this series would be the only one with no off day before the LCS. Yankees figured to have a good chance at best record or the WC. They could have just started this series on Saturday. I can never remember anytime since the multiple playoff format started in 1969 that a team did not have at least one off day between two series.
    Well the format was set a long time ago and until about game 160 the Yanks looked pretty well set in the #2 seed with a possible WC if they choked it away to Baltimore. It wasn't until Texas decided to drop 7 of their last 9, before that best record looked pretty improbable.

    Win the ALDS and worry about the ALCS next.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  11. #4261
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    The pitching has been stellar.

    Its just extremely frustrating to watch them strand so many runners on base.

    The runs are there, so damn close yet so far.
    Wait a minute, I thought pitching won championships, or so I've been told (not necessarily by you, just in general).

    So instead you're suggesting that pitching wins championships as long as you have the hitting to go with it?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  12. #4262
    The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought pitching won championships, or so I've been told (not necessarily by you, just in general).

    So instead you're suggesting that pitching wins championships as long as you have the hitting to go with it?
    It would seem so.

    I've been told that you need to score just one more run than the other team to win a ballgame.
    ? Can switching to Geico really save you 15 % or more on car insurance ? ? Does the postman always ring twice ?

  13. #4263
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    It would seem so.

    I've been told that you need to score just one more run than the other team to win a ballgame.
    The O's have been quite good at just that this year.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #4264
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Pretty pleased with the pitching so far.

    Keep us in games and hope the offense comes around.
    This isn't much of a surprise. The offense has been a question mark for most of the season. A lot of old dudes, a lot of streaky dudes, and a lot of old and streaky dudes.

  15. #4265
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    This isn't much of a surprise. The offense has been a question mark for most of the season. A lot of old dudes, a lot of streaky dudes, and a lot of old and streaky dudes.
    I can't understand how this continues to come up.

    804 runs, 2nd most in baseball, 4 behind Texas
    +136 run differental. 2nd best behind the Nats by 1 run, maybe if the pitching wasn't 9th in MLB they could have led in RD.
    .790 OPS - lead all of baseball
    245 HRs, franchise record, lead all of baseball.

    The offense has not been a question mark for hardly any of the season.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  16. #4266
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I can't understand how this continues to come up.

    804 runs, 2nd most in baseball, 4 behind Texas
    +136 run differental. 2nd best behind the Nats by 1 run, maybe if the pitching wasn't 9th in MLB they could have led in RD.
    .790 OPS - lead all of baseball
    245 HRs, franchise record, lead all of baseball.

    The offense has not been a question mark for hardly any of the season.
    But, as you know, all those home runs are morally inferior.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  17. #4267

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Frohman View Post
    It would seem so.

    I've been told that you need to score just one more run than the other team to win a ballgame.
    The easiest way to score a run is with one swing of the bat.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  18. #4268
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    But, as you know, all those home runs are morally inferior.
    If only this team would manfacture some runs with a bunt. That would make everyone happy.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  19. #4269
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I can't understand how this continues to come up.

    804 runs, 2nd most in baseball, 4 behind Texas
    +136 run differental. 2nd best behind the Nats by 1 run, maybe if the pitching wasn't 9th in MLB they could have led in RD.
    .790 OPS - lead all of baseball
    245 HRs, franchise record, lead all of baseball.

    The offense has not been a question mark for hardly any of the season.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of any of this. My issue with the offense isn't that they're not productive, it's that it's loaded with streaky hitters sandwiched around one truly elite hitter.

  20. #4270
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I can't understand how this continues to come up.

    804 runs, 2nd most in baseball, 4 behind Texas
    +136 run differental. 2nd best behind the Nats by 1 run, maybe if the pitching wasn't 9th in MLB they could have led in RD.
    .790 OPS - lead all of baseball
    245 HRs, franchise record, lead all of baseball.

    The offense has not been a question mark for hardly any of the season.
    But isn't how they score runs an issue? The amount of runs scored and HRs are great but what are the numbers with RISP? The Yankees were in the lower tier when it came to that situation and the streaky hitters aspect has not helped with those numbers.

  21. #4271
    Yankee Fan in Gator Nation Pasco08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gator Nation

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    If only this team would manfacture some runs with a bunt. That would make everyone happy.
    Said they should of put down a safety squeeze or suicide squeeze on last night. No one would ever suspect us to do that and it would probably lead to a run.

  22. #4272
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    But isn't how they score runs an issue? The amount of runs scored and HRs are great but what are the numbers with RISP? The Yankees were in the lower tier when it came to that situation and the streaky hitters aspect has not helped with those numbers.
    They won 95 games.... 3rd best in all of baseball.
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  23. #4273
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasco08 View Post
    Said they should of put down a safety squeeze or suicide squeeze on last night. No one would ever suspect us to do that and it would probably lead to a run.
    There are 2 guys on the team capable of doing this with any kind of success.
    You can't get a sun-tan on the moon.

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  24. #4274
    NYYF Legend

    2JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Lexington Ky

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    They won 95 games.... 3rd best in all of baseball.
    And that beats the Orioles this series how? All that I saying is that hitting with RISP has not been a Yankee stong point all year long and it might help explain why the Yankees lost a game that they should have won last night. Also, the past two years, the lack of hitting with RISP has been one of the main reasons why Texas and Detroit were able to knock the Yankees out of the playoffs.

  25. #4275

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Here is the problem... They SHOULD have out scored everyone by 75+ runs had they hit with RISP.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts