+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 198 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4946

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

So who will Girardi rest tomorrow?

Ichiro?

Ichiro and Cano?

Its gotta be one or the other, its their turn to get a day off and its not like we're in a fight to the death to win a division title. If we can rest Martin today, one of our hottest hitters, cause its a day game after a night game (i.e. business as usual), and not say "to hell with that, there's five games left (now four) and we're fighting for our lives, so its all hands on deck", then don't stop acting like its May & June now, might as well rest Cano and Ichiro too.

The Steinbrenner's should put this man on a firing squad for the casual way he managed this game today.

I would fire this man over that if we lose this division ... forget about all of the other reasons ... just over that alone.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post

Ichiro?

Ichiro and Cano?

Its gotta be one or the other, its their turn to get a day off and its not like we're in a fight to the death to win a division title. If we can rest Martin today, one of our hottest hitters, cause its a day game after a night game (i.e. business as usual), and not say "to hell with that, there's five games left (now four) and we're fighting for our lives, so its all hands on deck", then don't stop acting like its May & June now, might as well rest Cano and Ichiro too.

The Steinbrenner's should put this man on a firing squad for the casual way he managed this game today.

I would fire this man over that if we lose this division ... forget about all of the other reasons ... just over that alone.
    But Joe has the best resume' .............whose your man?

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Lou Pinella
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Tony LaRussa

He's always wanted to manage the Yankees and came close a few times, he admitted as much on WFAN, so I think we could talk him out of retirement.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

no it's gotta be Sweet Lou
    RIP MR. STEINBRENNER

Quote Originally Posted by Young Steinbrenner View Post
    I'm good with that too.

I'll tell you one thing about Pinella, there's no way in hell he would be resting players with five games to play in a life & death pennant race.

Knowing Pinella as I do, if you can breathe you're playing in these last five games.

Day game after a night game my asp ... Martin would have been playing today for sure, especially after hitting a huge HR last night.

Piniella's so old though, and I think there may be health issues ...
    Hank 'N Hal's Country Club -- where accountability is soooo 1990s!

Either Terry Francona or Jim Leyland.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    Either Terry Francona or Jim Leyland.
    Lol. Terry Francona would be an epic middle finger to Boston.

I think I want Joe fired just for the possibility of hiring him.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

BOTTOM LINE:

If the Yankees blow a 10 game lead and lose this division to the Orioles who have a payroll about 1/4 the size of the Yankees, somebody has to pay for that, and that somebody is Mr. Business As Usual, resting guys with five games to play and a one game lead (which probably disappears tonight).

You cannot have this kind of epic collapse and nobody walks the plank.

BOTTOM LINE:

If the Yankees blow a 10 game lead and lose this division to the Orioles who have a payroll about 1/4 the size of the Yankees, somebody has to pay for that, and that somebody is Mr. Business As Usual, resting guys with five games to play and a one game lead (which probably disappears tonight).

You cannot have this kind of epic collapse and nobody walks the plank.
    What if the win the WS as a WC?
    Team Northern Lights

If the Yankees don't make the playoffs entirely for the second time since 2008 under Girardi, then he will be gone. If you get rid of Torre after three straight ALCS losses and the 04 ALCS debacle, only fair for Girardi to be replaced as well. But I still think Yankees will somehow win division.

And they're getting help with the A's losing and might not be bad if Rangers-Angels have to play a doubleheader since no one wants to this time of season

Tony LaRussa

He's always wanted to manage the Yankees and came close a few times, he admitted as much on WFAN, so I think we could talk him out of retirement.
    If Tony LaRussa ever became the Yankees manager I probably would stop watching them play.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    What if the win the WS as a WC?
    Thats the only way he can save himself if we blow this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Torre Must Go View Post
    If the Yankees don't make the playoffs entirely for the second time since 2008 under Girardi, then he will be gone. If you get rid of Torre after three straight ALCS losses and the 04 ALCS debacle, only fair for Girardi to be replaced as well. But I still think Yankees will somehow win division.

And they're getting help with the A's losing and might not be bad if Rangers-Angels have to play a doubleheader since no one wants to this time of season
    There is virtually no way they don't make the playoffs. They probably are still going to win the division, and they'd have to lose the next four in a row, all against two last place and lousy teams, to have even a small chance of missing the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Steinbrenner View Post
    The "14" in my logon name is for Lou...as a player he was one of my favorites.

But there is no way Piniella would be hired, unless there was a complete Steinbrenner explosion, which is highly unlikely. He's 69 years old, was angry and out of energy with the Cubs and the Steinbrenners of this generation don't figure to pay rock star type salaries to a manager, which is probably the only way Lou would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    If Tony LaRussa ever became the Yankees manager I probably would stop watching them play.
    It would make it very difficult for me as well.

I might criticize Girardi, but at least I can root for him without reservation.

NYYF Triple Crown

May I suggest Joe himself.

He is obviously burnt out from all the in-game micromanagment.

If the Yankees don't make the playoffs or lose the WC game - it will not be because of Girardi. The players and Cashman will hold the most blame. Get rid of Cashman 100x over before firing Girardi.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

For the Yankees to miss the playoffs they would have to lose every game and the Angels would have to win every game. That is not going to happen. Now the division could go either way.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    For the Yankees to miss the playoffs they would have to lose every game and the Angels would have to win every game. That is not going to happen. Now the division could go either way.
    With the new wild card set-up the goal is to win the division and for a team that had a 10 game lead that seems very iffy now. That's why folks are so on edge now.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

To me, this team getting only the wild card is a huge letdown. I thought that way even in 2010 when there wasnt really a huge difference between the division winner and wild card team. At least in the past your chances of advancing were pretty much the same as everyone elses. Now there is quite a difference, as all the WC does is guarantee you one game. Even if you win, you then have to play a team that was able to setup their rotation the way they wanted to.

Then there is the nightmare scenario where we have to play a division tiebreaker w/Baltimore on Thurs, a wild card game on Friday, and Game 1 of the DS on Saturday if we win. Thats a bit insane especially when you factor in travel.

We really need to win this division and avoid all this extra nonsense.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    With the new wild card set-up the goal is to win the division and for a team that had a 10 game lead that seems very iffy now. That's why folks are so on edge now.
    Oh yes I definitely understand the difference between winning the division and just a wild card. I was speaking about making the playoffs which several posters talked about us missing all together.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Then there is the nightmare scenario where we have to play a division tiebreaker w/Baltimore on Thurs, a wild card game on Friday, and Game 1 of the DS on Saturday if we win. Thats a bit insane especially when you factor in travel.
    The DS games with the WC representatives start on Sunday, so your nightmare scenario can]t come to fruition.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/postseasonpicture.jsp
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    May I suggest Joe himself.

He is obviously burnt out from all the in-game micromanagment.
    I thinkin' .....that would put Pena in charge for the game/games Joe rested.

Thread Information