+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 198 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 118 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 4946

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    It isn't hard to argue with the fact the results haven't been good, but when you are missing A-Rod, Teixeira and Granderson, there aren't too many lineups that can overcome the loss of players like that and not be impacted. Not to mention Andy and Mo and Gardner. If we are playing like this when we get them back, I'll worry. (All but Mo and Gardner obviously).
    True...but injuries dont excuse every loss. Today shouldnt have been a loss...Hughes needs to take that 3-1 lead all the way to DRob and Sori. CC cant be getting lit up by a AAA Blue Jays lineup. Cano cant be going into the tank and doing nothing.

There is still enough talent right now that this team shouldnt be playing .500 or worse baseball.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    True...but injuries dont excuse every loss. Today shouldnt have been a loss...Hughes needs to take that 3-1 lead all the way to DRob and Sori. CC cant be getting lit up by a AAA Blue Jays lineup. Cano cant be going into the tank and doing nothing.

There is still enough talent right now that this team shouldnt be playing .500 or worse baseball.
    I'm talking about the overall situation which encompasses more than one game. The lineup we've put up the past week has resembled an away spring training game. And people talk about Boston's injuries, maybe quantity wise but quality wise, we have had three Hall of Fame calibre players on the DL for extended periods. Cano also hasn't been doing nothing. Also CC is another that has been hurt for a month of the year. We are 2 games in first place. We need to stop acting like we are the 1962 Mets.
    Life is good!

You guys can cite all the issues you want but it doesn't change the fact that they are two games ahead in the toughest division in baseball. Of course I am concerned about the rest of the season but rock bottom is a bit harsh. As YT stated the Sox have hit rock bottom. The yanks are just in a really bad rut at a really bad time.

I'm talking about the overall situation which encompasses more than one game. The lineup we've put up the past week has resembled an away spring training game. And people talk about Boston's injuries, maybe quantity wise but quality wise, we have had three Hall of Fame calibre players on the DL for extended periods. Cano also hasn't been doing nothing. Also CC is another that has been hurt for a month of the year. We are 2 games in first place. We need to stop acting like we are the 1962 Mets.
    Nobody is saying they are the 62 Mets....but they are 24-24 since the ASB. Injuries or no injuries, I think its okay to be upset and frustrated that they havent played good baseball in awhile and have seen their lead almost dissapear.

More power to you if you are still able to be 100% confident, not upset and not worried.

Nobody is saying they are the 62 Mets....but they are 24-24 since the ASB. Injuries or no injuries, I think its okay to be upset and frustrated that they havent played good baseball in awhile and have seen their lead almost dissapear.

More power to you if you are still able to be 100% confident, not upset and not worried.
    However, with the injuries that are plaguing this team right now and for at least the last month - (ARod, Teix, Gardner, Pettite, Mo along with others who have missed time, like Grandy, Swish, CC) they are no better than a .500 team.

They are playing as well or better than can be expected.

You don't take those guys off the team and continue to play better than .500.

You weather the storm and hope for some health.

Sometimes Teams that get hit with a ton of injuries don't win the Championship.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    You guys can cite all the issues you want but it doesn't change the fact that they are two games ahead in the toughest division in baseball. Of course I am concerned about the rest of the season but rock bottom is a bit harsh. As YT stated the Sox have hit rock bottom. The yanks are just in a really bad rut at a really bad time.
    I'm curious as to what criteria you're using to determine division strength.. Winning percentage? Run differential? Both the AL West and NL Central might have something to say about that. And the only divisions or as you suggest, the only "weaker" divisions they'd be leading are the AL Central and the NL West.

And the Sox haven't hit rock bottom, they realized the playoffs were out of reach and they simply unloaded some terrible contracts. Now they have an opportunity to reload for next year. Think of it as a new beginning, not a total tear down. They still have 2 stud starting pitchers, a second basemen, a center fielder and a mashing DH at their disposal.

Yankee Fan in Gator Nation Pasco08's Avatar

Anyone else really nervous about this series with the Rays? We haven't played so hot lately but neither have they but.... we don't exactly play well at the Trop.

Talking Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

The way some are acting here the 62 Mets would be an improvement.

No one said I am confident of anything. If we don't get some players back, we very well may miss the playoffs. . I am just realistically looking at the team on the file and not expecting them to play the same with the injuries. Losing happens. If someone told me we would suffer the injuries we have this year and still be in first place on September 3rd, I would have told them they were nuts.
    Life is good!

Agreed fully with what John said. To have these amount of injuries and expect them to play (overall) better than they have is not living in the real world. The fact we are still in first place is a miracle in itself.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I would so DFA Lowe for Montegomery.
    Although I agree with this statement, our fan base would implode if he came up and had a bad game. For alot of people if you dont put up HOF numbers from day one you should be DFA'd and your head put on a stake.

I really cant wait to see what he can do. I like him alot. He sure as hell wouldnt do any worse than a few of the people we have coming out of the pen for us now.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

No one said I am confident of anything. If we don't get some players back, we very well may miss the playoffs. . I am just realistically looking at the team on the file and not expecting them to play the same with the injuries. Losing happens. If someone told me we would suffer the injuries we have this year and still be in first place on September 3rd, I would have told them they were nuts.
    Very well said.

I am surprised we arent in 3rd place to be honest between the injuries and underperforming. We have weathered this much better than most other teams would have.
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

Even when we get those bats back, the major concern hasn't been scoring runs. It's pitching. No one on this staff is dominate anymore. Not even CC. Kuroda has been the closest thing. After yesterday hughes is done for me. He can't be trusted. We really needed at least a number three pitcher we could depend on. CC and Kuroda should be enough. After that if Pettite can't come back we're done in the first series.

Since Alex went down....we're 17-18. I wouldnt expect us to play at a 100 win pace with these injuries, but IMO we should be playing better then .500 ball even with the injuries.

Sure injuries have something to do with the struggles...but it doesnt explain everything. We should still be able to win a series from the Jays for example. A loss like yesterday...Hughes melting down has nothing to do with injuries. Thats a game he needs to take right to DRob/Sori and get this team a win.

Since Alex went down....we're 17-18. I wouldnt expect us to play at a 100 win pace with these injuries, but IMO we should be playing better then .500 ball even with the injuries.

Sure injuries have something to do with the struggles...but it doesnt explain everything. We should still be able to win a series from the Jays for example. A loss like yesterday...Hughes melting down has nothing to do with injuries. Thats a game he needs to take right to DRob/Sori and get this team a win.
    With your thinking, I would think the team would be able to win at a .750 pace if CC & Pineda & Pettitte & Nova & Mo & Robertson & ARod & Teix & Swish & Gardner didn't miss significant time this season.

That would have been fun.

It wouldn't even be so bad that Martin is the starting catcher.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

We are playing .500 ball now because with the team on the field that is what we are. If we should play to the ability you state, what would we be healthy? A 130 win team?
    Life is good!

I think you're right. I joke woke up this morning and I felt like I was really acting like I'm about the law about the Yankees challenging everyone in the GTs.

I realized that I only have to say this: "Come on BB55. Just believe that when the Yankees lace up the cleats every time they go out there, they can win and that's all the way to the World Series title. You don't have to guarantee anything. And sure, you can say that the 2012 team should learn from the 2011 Giants or other championship teams, but they did it in their own way. Let the next World Championship Yankee club tell their own story to the top."
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    It's hard to accept the term rock bottom when they are leading the AL East.
    I meant rock bottom as in the lowest part of their season, not necessarily where they are in the standings or in relation to other teams. I meant it as more of an anti-climax, where they won't play any worse than that, where that loss seems to be a wake-up call and they turn it around from there.
    27-Time World Champions

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by geoffman View Post
    Although I agree with this statement, our fan base would implode if he came up and had a bad game. For alot of people if you dont put up HOF numbers from day one you should be DFA'd and your head put on a stake.

I really cant wait to see what he can do. I like him alot. He sure as hell wouldnt do any worse than a few of the people we have coming out of the pen for us now.
    I'm not expecting HOF numbers/ Just something better than a 5.5 ERA and 1.7 WHIP would be nice.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Today's lineup will include the active HR Leader:

Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher 1B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Eric Chavez 3B
    Raul Ibanez LF
    Russell Martin C
    Ichiro Suzuki RF
    Chris Dickerson CF
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Today's lineup will include the active HR Leader:

Derek Jeter SS
    Nick Swisher 1B
    Robinson Cano 2B
    Alex Rodriguez DH
    Eric Chavez 3B
    Raul Ibanez LF
    Russell Martin C
    Ichiro Suzuki RF
    Chris Dickerson CF
    It's a travsmockery that he's DHing instead of Jason Nix.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

1 game lead.

NYYF Triple Crown

If Yankees miss the post-season this year, would the Steinbrenners still stick to their plan to avoid the luxury tax?

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    If Yankees miss the post-season this year, would the Steinbrenners still stick to their plan to avoid the luxury tax?
    If the Yankees miss the post season this year, I think they'll sell the team. I can't see the SteinKids owning a loser team.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

NYYF Legend

A typical loss for the Yankees: little offense as the team manged a hit in only 3 innings, poor effort on the field with a star player not husting out of the box, and a tie game that the pen cannot keep the opposing team from scoring on.

Yankee Fan in Gator Nation Pasco08's Avatar

At least we don't have to face price this series.

Thread Information