+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 198 FirstFirst ... 46 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 4946

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    So with today's win, are we still mathematically alive?
    Mathematically alive, but doomed.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Mathematically alive, but doomed.
    OMG!!
    That's what SHE said!!

.Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFan1421 View Post
    What? The Yankees have made the postseason 16 of the past 17 seasons and are almost certainly making it again this year. They are third in the league in runs scored, fourth in ERA and have a four game lead on August 26th. What in the world is all the doom about??
    This is me just worried. We have got a big series of 22 games where we face all AL teams we have to face the Orioles and the Rays very soon. These games are so important to us, because they could really be the difference in playing in October and not playing in October. I am a man who worries a lot. And seeing as we have to face the Rays six more times, and us ahead only by 4 games. I see that as right to worry.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Yes, you generally face "all AL teams" after Interleague play has concluded.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Yes, you generally face "all AL teams" after Interleague play has concluded.
    I wonder how I missed that. My Bad! I meant to say all AL EAST teams.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Rays (and A's) off on a Sunday? Is this normal? I can't ever remember any team having an off day on Sunday...at least not the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Rays (and A's) off on a Sunday? Is this normal? I can't ever remember any team having an off day on Sunday...at least not the Yanks.
    Not normal.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

I think it has something to do with the Republican convention in Tampa but I can't figure out why they just couldn't schedule the Rays to play on the road.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

The Republican National Convention is taking place in Tampa.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I think it has something to do with the Republican convention in Tampa but I can't figure out why the just couldn't schedule the Rays to play on the road.
    The Republican National Convention is taking place in Tampa.

Ahhh...thanks guys.

edit: nevermind
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I think it has something to do with the Republican convention in Tampa but I can't figure out why they just couldn't schedule the Rays to play on the road.
    This is what I don't understand. I imagine the convention was scheduled well before MLB made it's schedule
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

It doesn't matter what day they play in Tampa. No one goes to any of the games.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????

Thank goodness we now know.

NYYF Legend

They needed the Trop on Sunday for the convention so they played Oakland Thursday, Friday and Saturday instead of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Its really not a big deal.

Nice job Yankees. Keep it going in the homestand. We need winning momentum heading to House of Pain Southeast at the Trop in Tampa.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    So you are saying there is still a chance?
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF MVP

The new Wild Card one-game-playoff thing is a complete crock.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    So you are saying there is still a chance?
    Any explanation for the Rays chances being 50% better than Baltimore when they are only 1/2 game up in the win column and have the more difficult remaining schedule?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    Any explanation for the Rays chances being 50% better than Baltimore when they are only 1/2 game up in the win column and have the more difficult remaining schedule?
    They're the better team than the O's.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by pacersyankees View Post
    It's based on simulations, which take into account run differential when projecting future W/Ls. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but mostly it's just the fact that Tampa should be where they are in the standings, based on run differential. Baltimore should not.

Choosing the AL Manager of the Year is gonna be pretty easy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comic Book Guy View Post

Choosing the AL Manager of the Year is gonna be pretty easy this year.
    Another good reason to hope they collapse.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comic Book Guy View Post
    The new Wild Card one-game-playoff thing is a complete crock.

That is all.
    I dunno. I get tired of teams that don't win their division subsequently playing in the World Series. And, a one-game play-in is going to force the Wild Card team to burn a top line pitcher while their opponent in the first round enjoys a day off. It puts the Wild Card at a significant disadvantage, which to me, is appropriate.

Now, the fact that the Wild Card then hosts Games 1 and 2 in the LDS is a complete crock. I suspect they'll fix that next year.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    I dunno. I get tired of teams that don't win their division subsequently playing in the World Series. And, a one-game play-in is going to force the Wild Card team to burn a top line pitcher while their opponent in the first round enjoys a day off. It puts the Wild Card at a significant disadvantage, which to me, is appropriate.

Now, the fact that the Wild Card then hosts Games 1 and 2 in the LDS is a complete crock. I suspect they'll fix that next year.
    From what I remember when they announced this, I believe this is a one year blip as the schedule had already been announced and they couldn't adjust it. I believe for 2013 and going forward it will go back to the 2-2-1 format.
    Life is good!

From what I remember when they announced this, I believe this is a one year blip as the schedule had already been announced and they couldn't adjust it. I believe for 2013 and going forward it will go back to the 2-2-1 format.
    Yep I heard the same thing. The 2-3 format is just a one year thing. Next year they'll probably end the regular season a week earlier. 2-2-1 is definetly back next year.

I'm probably in the minority but I like the addition of the second WC team and I'm ok with the one game playoff. I felt the division had been devalued in recent years. I was putoff in 2010 watching Girardi manage like the division was meaningless. I hated seeing this and I hated "settling" for the wild card. IMO your first goal should always be to win your division, and then go from there. They've made the wild card team have a tougher road now and are rewarding division winners again. I like it.

Thread Information