+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 198 FirstFirst ... 43 83 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 103 143 193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 4946
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    So I am assuming the rotation going forward will be CC Friday, Kuroda Saturday, Freddy Sunday, Phelps Monday and Hughes Tuesday?
    short term that would be a pretty safe assumption I would think
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Torre Must Go View Post
    Nice time to finally have an off day, for a veteran team especially. Way too much nonsense around the team lately in addition to the tough series against the White Sox. ESPN loudmuth accusing Jeter of doing something illegal with no facts to back him up, ex-Yankees Melky and Colon getting suspended and dumb talk show callers saying it isn't coincidence, Girardi barking at a drunk heckler during his postgame interview, A-Rod being named most phony player, Nova getting pounded again and going to the DL, Pineda in the news for the wrong reasons.

Time to beat up on Cleveland, get some momentum back and hope we get some scoreboard help as well and gain some games on Tampa
    Agreed, we need to start playing consistent ball again...something we really havent done since the ASB. Tampa isnt going away...regardless of the SOS stuff posted on the previous page. They are a very good team. A case can be made that the O's will falter (which I'd agree with because I believe they are a fluke due to their negative run differential)...but Tampa is good and they are in this fight. We cant just keep playing .500 ball, and hope to stumble into the playoffs 2010 style. That isnt good enough and wont be enough to hold them off for the division.

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

None of this matters anyway because Bud has already ruined this postseason by having the divisional series set up in 2-3 format.
    Complaining is a choice

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    None of this matters anyway because Bud has already ruined this postseason by having the divisional series set up in 2-3 format.
    I don't see how that's "ruining" it in any way shape or form.

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    Really?
    Complaining is a choice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Torre Must Go View Post
    Nice time to finally have an off day, for a veteran team especially. Way too much nonsense around the team lately in addition to the tough series against the White Sox. ESPN loudmuth accusing Jeter of doing something illegal with no facts to back him up, ex-Yankees Melky and Colon getting suspended and dumb talk show callers saying it isn't coincidence, Girardi barking at a drunk heckler during his postgame interview, A-Rod being named most phony player, Nova getting pounded again and going to the DL, Pineda in the news for the wrong reasons.

Time to beat up on Cleveland, get some momentum back and hope we get some scoreboard help as well and gain some games on Tampa
    Such is life being a premier franchise in a premier league in the greatest city in the world...........we can take it..........the Jeter thing is just a gig to raise the ratings for ESPN.......haters are going to hate............being a Yanks/Habs and Steeler fan I get grief all the time..........even from the local Priest........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by d32123 View Post
    NBA did the same thing...........not a fan of it or the 5 game series..........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Tampa beating up on Oakland....lead about to be down to 2.5

It will only make it that much sweeter when the Yankees beat their ass 6 times in September.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Tampa beating up on Oakland....lead about to be down to 2.5
    Well if momentum is only as good as tomorrow's starting pitcher, there's no reason to expect the Rays' hot streak to stop. The Yankees better start playing significantly better than .500 ball.
    27-Time World Champions

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF View Post
    Well if momentum is only as good as tomorrow's starting pitcher, there's no reason to expect the Rays' hot streak to stop. The Yankees better start playing significantly better than .500 ball.
    Agreed. It needs to start happening this weekend by sweeping a bad team.

Agreed. It needs to start happening this weekend by sweeping a bad team.
    Yep. CC back to get the ball rolling, then Kuroda and Garcia.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF View Post
    It's insane how good and deep there pitching is. Makes me wonder why they never tried to move a piece or two for a bat to complement Longoria.
    |Class of 2012 at Fordham University|
    |Yankees|Nets|Jets| Yankees Blog TBNL

NYYF MVP

Wouldn't underestimate those Orioles. Gonna be good series', predicting nail-biters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyv905Q2omU
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

121st Street & a On The End Ave.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post
    Hope this works --

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Iyv905Q2omU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wouldn't underestimate those Orioles, either. Gonna be good series', predicting nail-biters.
    Above the reply box that open up, click on that icon that looks like a filmstrip (to the left of the quote bubble icon) and paste the direct youtube link there.

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by da90 View Post
    It's insane how good and deep there pitching is. Makes me wonder why they never tried to move a piece or two for a bat to complement Longoria.
    The Rays also play us very tough. Their offense overachieves against our pitching...guys like Upton and Pena just destroy us constantly.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Above the reply box that open up, click on that icon that looks like a filmstrip (to the left of the quote bubble icon) and paste the direct youtube link there.

Thanks, Mr. C!!!!
    He'll never get another milestone like that one. So what? His whole career is a milestone. - JL25and3

121st Street & a On The End Ave.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

The Rays also play us very tough. Their offense overachieves against our pitching...guys like Upton and Pena just destroy us constantly.
    Im also dumfounded to how they turn garbage into gold when it comes to relief pitching.

Rodney hasn't had an ERA under 4.24 over the past 5 years and wasn't even the opening day closer for that team and all of a sudden .77 ERA with 39 SV.

Pena is toast this year and its almost a lock that he will go 7-13 in the series against us, Sean Rodriguez will get some key hit with his mighty 608 OPS, and Sam Fuld is back to steal a double away from Ichiro.

And, I hate the Trop. Feels like Im watching a game in communist USSR.

I just hate the Rays.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Im also dumfounded to how they turn garbage into gold when it comes to relief pitching.

Rodney hasn't had an ERA under 4.24 over the past 5 years and wasn't even the opening day closer for that team and all of a sudden .77 ERA with 39 SV.

Pena is toast this year and its almost a lock that he will go 7-13 in the series against us, Sean Rodriguez will get some key hit with his mighty 608 OPS, and Sam Fuld is back to steal a double away from Ichiro.

And, I hate the Trop. Feels like Im watching a game in communist USSR.

I just hate the Rays.
    How could I forget the immortal Sean Rodriguez who always gets key hits against us. Future HOF'er Jose Lobaton is hitting well over .300 against us this year. I used to think the Angels were the kings of "scrub players who kill the Yanks", but I think Tampa has surpassed them.

NYYF Legend

How could I forget the immortal Sean Rodriguez who always gets key hits against us. Future HOF'er Jose Lobaton is hitting well over .300 against us this year. I used to think the Angels were the kings of "scrub players who kill the Yanks", but I think Tampa has surpassed them.

Tampa is far wrose than the Angels. At least we play the Angels less times and since they are in the West they were never a threat to us as far as winning the Division.
    The Ray's annoy me more than the Red Sox.
    And no matter how many good pitchers they trade away or lose to free agency they just seem to replace them with guys equally as good.
    Thought when they lost Soriano, Benoit and traded Garza that would slow them down but they replaced them all with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Tampa is far wrose than the Angels. At least we play the Angels less times and since they are in the West they were never a threat to us as far as winning the Division.
    The Ray's annoy me more than the Red Sox.
    And no matter how many good pitchers they trade away or lose to free agency they just seem to replace them with guys equally as good.
    Thought when they lost Soriano, Benoit and traded Garza that would slow them down but they replaced them all with no problems.
    When they lose Price, then we'll see how good they can be after drafting from the back of the 1st round like us and without the free agency compensation in the new CBA.
    Is this the end of the Brian Cashman era?

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    NBA did the same thing...........not a fan of it or the 5 game series..........
    No they didn't - when the first round was best of 5, they had the higher seeded team hosting games 1, 2 and 5.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    When they lose Price, then we'll see how good they can be after drafting from the back of the 1st round like us and without the free agency compensation in the new CBA.
    When they lose Price they will still have Shields, Moore and their latest guy, Cobb. Anyway Price is still on their team this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    When they lose Price they will still have Shields, Moore and their latest guy, Cobb. Anyway Price is still on their team this season.

They have to pick up a 9M then 12M option on Shields.
    Team Northern Lights

Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

I have a question for you Mike. You created a "I hate the Angels" thread one time. Are you going to make a "I hate the Rays thread" too?
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

Thread Information