+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 198 FirstFirst ... 15 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4946

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    The difference is that in 2002 (or soon thereafter), there was hope that our farm system would start producing more studs and the MLB payroll wasn't as restricted with so much crap.
    Really? You think the farm was better then?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Honest question-- what difference does it make to us if they are sellers or not?

Are you still worried about the Sox making a run?
    Im sure as hell not, Ciriaco's "triple" and "single" singlehandedly won them 2 games. The pixie dust will wear off.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    With the talent on their team, yes I am. Also the Yankees still have 9 more games with them this year and anytime that you can keep a team down, do it. It's not like the Yankees have already won the division, despite their big lead, and with the intense rivalry that is already built in between the two teams, I just hate seeing the sox still lingering on thinking that they have a chance to still win and be a factor.
    The Yankees would have to completely collapse-- and if they do, it won't matter where the Sox are. If it was any other team, would you be as worried?

It's like the Red Sox are in everyone's head like the Yankees used to be in Sox fans'.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Really? You think the farm was better then?
    Didn't say that (or mean that). You happened to mention 2002 and i took it ahead a few years. In the coming years, when Cashman was given autonomy and concentrated on re-building the farm system with supposed studs at the ready, there was indeed hope that we'd start churning out more prospects. What happened to all the Killer B's that we were all so excited about? Where are all the bats....or any bat, today?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Im sure as hell not, Ciriaco's "triple" and "single" singlehandedly won them 2 games. The pixie dust will wear off.
    Truthfully, Ciriaco has been the deciding factor in all 3 of the sox wins against the Yankees this year. He had that backbreaking bases-loaded double during the 2nd game of the DH in Boston.

Didn't say that (or mean that). You happened to mention 2002 and i took it ahead a few years. In the coming years, when Cashman was given autonomy and supposedly built this studly farm system, there was indeed hope that we'd start churning out more prospects. What happened to the Killer B's? Where are the bats....or any bats today?
    We traded some away and kept some guys and some will work out and some won't. Just like always.

As far as 'any bats' goes, I guess there would be no point listing the Yankees run diff or total runs scored or anything like that, would there?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I'll feel much better if we sweep the O's this week. All I keep hearing is how awful they are...so it should be no problem to do. Right?

As far as 'any bats' goes, I guess there would be no point listing the Yankees run diff or total runs scored or anything like that, would there?
    You could do the same for the Sox. What exactly would that prove?

You could do the same for the Sox. What exactly would that prove?
    Uh, that the Yankees have bats.

Duh.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Duh.
    And, uh, so do the Sox, duh. And how many games are the Sox out of first, duh?

Hence my contention that the Yanks are closer to the Sox than some either believe or care to admit. As far as the "bats" I was clearly talking about bats (or lack thereof) in the minors, but since you wanted to take it there, it was my pleasure to go along for the ride.

But if you want to point to today's W/L record as proof that this team is in great shape for now and in the future, be my guest.

And uh, so do the Sox, duh. And how many games are the Sox out of first, duh?

Hence my contention that the Yanks are closer to the Sox than some either believe or care to admit. As far as the "bats" I was talking about bats in the minors, but since you wanted to take it there, it was my pleasure to go for the ride.
    Yeah, and I'm saying bats aren't the problem. You are. And next year if they don't have what they need in the minors, they'll go out and get it. Like always.

But if you want to point to today's W/L record as proof that this team is in great shape for now and in the future, be my guest.
    And if you want to run around like chicken little, go crazy.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Yeah, and I'm saying bats aren't the problem. You are. And next year if they don't have what they need in the minors, they'll go out and get it. Like always.
    Not sure about that with the 189M figure now important to them. Whats the plan for replacing Swisher's offense after he likely leaves? Even if you do, you are just breaking even. You have to spend even more money to then improve.

Duh.

And since you mentioned run differential and runs scored, you do know that the sox are a plus 30 and lead the league in runs scored, right. So what exactly does your reminding me about run differential and runs scored have to do with the price of tea in China?

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Not sure about that with the 189M figure now important to them. Whats the plan for replacing Swisher's offense after he likely leaves? Even if you do, you are just breaking even. You have to spend even more money to then improve.
    They'll find a way. I'm not worrying about next year.

Personally, I don't think they will go under $189M if they don't think they can compete.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

And since you mentioned run differential and runs scored, you do know that the sox are a plus 30 and lead the league in runs scored, right. So what exactly does your reminding me about run differential and runs scored have to do with the price of tea in China?
    Wow I didn't think of that. Oh yeah I did-- the Yankees have a +84 diff. The difference between the Yankees and the Red Sox is pitching, not hitting.

Thanks for making my point for me.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

The Yankees would have to completely collapse-- and if they do, it won't matter where the Sox are. If it was any other team, would you be as worried?

It's like the Red Sox are in everyone's head like the Yankees used to be in Sox fans'.
    I don't think that it is "being in the head" as much as it is playing poor baseball. If the Yankees had lost this series coming off a good West Coast trip, I probably wouldn't be as bothered. But instead they are now 3-7 during their last 10 and now the Orioles come to town for a big series. To me, the Yankees had the chance to put the sox season further into the toilet and they didn't do it. So yes, it's disappointing.

Yeah, and I'm saying bats aren't the problem. You are.
    Funny, but I never once mentioned that bats where the problem. Age and players in decline were mentioned. And no bats ready to make an impact in the minors. I repeat...the MINORS.

And next year if they don't have what they need in the minors, they'll go out and get it. Like always.
    Just like George did. So we've come full circle. Not that it bothers me...I couldn't care less who we bought as long as we win. But, I thought others were more sensitive and excited to the supposed change in the team's philosophy regarding youngsters and building within (right!).

Not sure if that's any worse than mainlining Kool Aid while sporting rose-colored glasses.

Unfortunately this isn't George's Yankees, so if that so called player isn't in the minors, chances are they won't unless he comes dirt cheap.

I don't think that it is "being in the head" as much as it is playing poor baseball. If the Yankees had lost this series coming off a good west Coast trip, I probably wouldn't be as bothered. But instead they are now 3-7 during their last 10 and now the Orioles come to town for a big series. To me, the Yankees had the chance to put the sox season further into the toilet and they didn't do it. So yes, it's disappointing.
    Don't get me wrong-- I'm disappointed too. I just think that if it were the O's in last place and we just dropped 2 of 3 to them which only lead to them gaining a single game, nobody would be worried about them making a run.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Wow I didn't think of that. Oh yeah I did-- the Yankees have a +84 diff. The difference between the Yankees and the Red Sox is pitching, not hitting.

Thanks for making my point for me.

LOL....I never mentioned Yankee or Sox hitting, nor did I compare them. Ditto pitching. Your strawman argument is going nowhere.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Truthfully, Ciriaco has been the deciding factor in all 3 of the sox wins against the Yankees this year. He had that backbreaking bases-loaded double during the 2nd game of the DH in Boston.
    I hope the Sox decide to sign him to long term contract ala the Rays and they peg him as the SS of the future. Ciriaco is spanish for lucky as *&^?!

I forgot about the "double"......a groundball that rolls to the green monster. Jones is beyond a liability in left. Please stick Ichiro in left yesterday Joe.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

I don't think that it is "being in the head" as much as it is playing poor baseball. If the Yankees had lost this series coming off a good west Coast trip, I probably wouldn't be as bothered. But instead they are now 3-7 during their last 10 and now the Orioles come to town for a big series. To me, the Yankees had the chance to put the sox season further into the toilet and they didn't do it. So yes, it's disappointing.
    You summed up my feelings exactly. My frustration tonight is due to us losing so many similar games during this 3-7 stretch. We could easily be 6-4 or 7-3 if we got big hits or make big pitches in key spots. It also reminds me of how we have lost playoff series the last few years...we win when we blow a team out but a close 1 run game? We find ways to lose. These are the types of games we need to find ways to win. I also am not one to assume a division race is over on July 30...not when a bad stretch of play like this allows teams to hang around.

Was I the only one who knew the 7th inning rally was dead once Ichiro had to stop on 3rd after Jeter's hit? I had zero confidence in Granderson coming thru against Miller there, or Tex to pick him up with 2 outs.

LOL....I never mentioned Yankee or Sox hitting, nor did I compare them. Ditto pitching. Your strawman argument is going nowhere.
    Telling me the Sox lead the league in runs scored isn't talking about their hitting or comparing them to the Yankees?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Don't get me wrong-- I'm disappointed too. I just think that if it were the O's in last place and we just dropped 2 of 3 to them which only lead to them gaining a single game, nobody would be worried about them making a run.
    With the big lead that the Yankees currently have, even playing the 2nd place team is almost like playing the last place team in a sense. With that being said, if the Yankees drop 2-3 to the Orioles this week, losing just that 1 game as you say, does your level of concern go up any?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    I hope the Sox decide to sign him to long term contract ala the Rays and they peg him as the SS of the future. Ciriaco is spanish for lucky as *&^?!

I forgot about the "double"......a groundball that rolls to the green monster. Jones is beyond a liability in left. Please stick Ichiro in left yesterday Joe.
    The sox should just mothball him or even better encase him in glass with the warning: 'Only Use Against the Yankees'

Thread Information