Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 4946
    NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    Going into the All Star Break:
    Best Record in MLB
    Largest lead in any division

Pretty impressive considering the number of major injuries this team has had to deal with right from the start of the season. Well done.
    Je concur.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

I'm late with this. Had no idea the Yankees could of had Mike Trout.

Yeah I'd take him over Teixeira. Would also allowed them to keep Montero too and just put him at first.

Good decision Cash...

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post

Yeah I'd take him over Teixeira. Would also allowed them to keep Montero too and just put him at first.

Good decision Cash...
    Exactly. He should have had the foresight to know that Trout was going to drop them, and that he definitely would develop into a star, and not worried about winning in the short term.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Make it stop.

There was NO ONE that was bemoaning the signings in the '09 offseason for fear of losing draft picks. NO ONE.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Good decision Cash...
    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Make it stop.

There was NO ONE that was bemoaning the signings in the '09 offseason for fear of losing draft picks. NO ONE.
    Actually, I just realized that it doesn't even matter that we signed Tex - we would have lost the pick for signing CC even if we didn't sign Tex.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Good decision Cash...
    There aren't a whole lot of things dumber in sports than crying over missed draft picks. It happens to every team. Every year. Always.

Anyways, they didn't have a shot to draft him considering they lost their first rounder when they signed Sabathia.

As everyone knows by now, the Angels have called up Mike Trout, the consensus No. 2 prospect in baseball. They did so with the 25th pick of the 2009 draft, which was originally property of the Yankees. It was well known that the Yankees wouldn’t pick in that position, given their interest in multiple high-end free agents, so it’s not as though they ever had a shot at drafting Trout themselves. The situation would have changed, though, had the Red Sox signed Teixeira. Anaheim would then have received Boston’s pick, the 28th in the draft, while Milwaukee would have taken the 25th overall pick as compensation for CC Sabathia.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    There aren't a whole lot of things dumber in sports than crying over missed draft picks. It happens to every team. Every year. Always.
    Just ask the Jets.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Cashman would have probably drafted a pitcher. The baseball draft is the biggest crap shoot in sports. You could say every year that any General Manager missed the boat on a draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Make it stop.

Seriously! Is that SLURPEE guy for real?

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post

Anyways, they didn't have a shot to draft him considering they lost their first rounder when they signed Sabathia.
    And that the Angels had 2 picks back-to-back and would have taken Trout even if they only had one.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF MVP

Random thought.

I lurk more then I post usually while working but in my opinion since these "team hero threads" usually get 2-3 post or 5 post at the most I think they should just be in one mega thread for those who enjoy it.

I think starting one of those threads after each game clutters the inside the lines section and brings down the discussion level of that section indirectly.

It's a cute tradition but like I said it brings down the discussion level in my opinion.

Just a thought not trying to start anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Random thought.

I lurk more then I post usually while working but in my opinion since these "team hero threads" usually get 2-3 post or 5 post at the most I think they should just be in one mega thread for those who enjoy it.

I think starting one of those threads after each game clutters the inside the lines section and brings down the discussion level of that section indirectly.

It's a cute tradition but like I said it brings down the discussion level in my opinion.

Just a thought not trying to start anything.
    You're right, it's random but I'd be in support of this idea.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Lohud Yankees Blog ‏@LoHudYankees
    The Yankees have signed OF Kosuke Fukudome to a minor league contract. He will report to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.

NYYF Legend

Nix at DH.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Triple Crown

We're on pace for 90 stolen bases, which would be our fewest since we had 84 in 2005. We have a stolen base percentage of .814, which would be the best in team history for the years baseball-reference has caught stealing for (starting in 1920).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    We're on pace for 90 stolen bases, which would be our fewest since we had 84 in 2005. We have a stolen base percentage of .814, which would be the best in team history for the years baseball-reference has caught stealing for (starting in 1920).
    I have no problem with this. It just means we are choosing are spots wisely. Gardner is the only player on this team who I want to see attempt to steal regularly, and he's been on the DL most of the season.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Triple Crown

Mike Trout (3-for-4 with 2 stolen bases) should have been a Player Of The Game candidate on YES but he wasn't.

NYYF Legend

they're still not banging on all cylinders, imo... which is a scary thought
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

8 games up on first, best record in baseball and not even at full strength lol
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    A scary thought for whom? If you ask me that should be a scary thought for other teams. Cause once we do start banging on all Cylinders we'll be even better. We're in First place with 8 games up. Even if they are not banging on all Cylinders. They don't need to right now. They are in a very safe position right now to the point that they could wait. I'd much prefer them banging on all Cylinders in the playoffs then right now. If they are not at full Capacity. But, they are in first place, have an 8 game lead, etc. is it really important for them to bang on "All cylinders" right now. Like I said I'd much prefer that at the playoffs more then right now.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan View Post
    A scary thought for whom? If you ask me that should be a scary thought for other teams. Cause once we do start banging on all Cylinders we'll be even better. We're in First place with 8 games up. Even if they are not banging on all Cylinders. They don't need to right now. They are in a very safe position right now to the point that they could wait. I'd much prefer them banging on all Cylinders in the playoffs then right now. If they are not at full Capacity. But, they are in first place, have an 8 game lead, etc. is it really important for them to bang on "All cylinders" right now. Like I said I'd much prefer that at the playoffs more then right now.
    I'm pretty sure that's what he meant...
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

NYYF Triple Crown

That shows how good and deep of a team this is.

Pineda hasn't thrown a pitch this year. Gardner has played like a week's worth of games. Russell Martin has essentially been a black hole in the lineup, and Tex and A-Rod have been up and down. Yet we're in first by eight games and 21 over .500. I'm ok with that.
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeesfan924 View Post
    That shows how good and deep of a team this is.

Pineda hasn't thrown a pitch this year. Gardner has played like a week's worth of games. Russell Martin has essentially been a black hole in the lineup, and Tex and A-Rod have been up and down. Yet we're in first by eight games and 21 over .500. I'm ok with that.
    Never be complacent!
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    Figures you'd substitute "firing" for "banging"

Yankees have scored at least 3 runs in 39 straight games (since May 30). That marks the longest single-season streak in franchise history.
    EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

Thread Information