+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 198 FirstFirst ... 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Bo-Co-Ro-So.
    No...
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Ivan Nova was superb tonight, look out the Yankees are on a roll & there's no stopping them.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    Ivan Nova was superb tonight, look out the Yankees are on a roll & there's no stopping them.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Quote Originally Posted by GimeMoMuny View Post
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Nice to get those performances out of the 3,4, and 5 guys with CC getting the ball tonight. What's the line? 25.1 innings with 2 ER on that run.

Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Nice to get those performances out of the 3,4, and 5 guys with CC getting the ball tonight. What's the line? 25.1 innings with 2 ER on that run.
    Not to throw cold water or anything, but CC's pitching of late doesn't have me feeling like it's a lock for him to keep the string going. He really hasn't looked that great.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Fewest losses in the AL (24). 2nd best run differential in the AL (+33)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Not to throw cold water or anything, but CC's pitching of late doesn't have me feeling like it's a lock for him to keep the string going. He really hasn't looked that great.
    I'm more worried about the Yankees hitting Price than how CC will pitch tonight.
    I think CC will have a good effort but Price has been really tough this season.

Also, the Rays haven't been hitting well. Hopefully that also keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I'm more worried about the Yankees hitting Price than how CC will pitch tonight.
    I think CC will have a good effort but Price has been really tough this season.
    The Yankees have handled Price for three years now.

Sabathia is due. (And even though he hasn't been dominating he still manages to pitch late into the game)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Fewest losses in the AL (24). 2nd best run differential in the AL (+33)
    I know that those numbers are correct, but it's sure hard to believe considering how awful the Yankees have looked before this latest run.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    Also, the Rays haven't been hitting well. Hopefully that also keeps up.
    Nor fielding well. Hope that keeps up too.

NYYF Cy Young

Jose Lobaton had his first career multi-hit game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Jose Lobaton had his first career multi-hit game tonight.
    He's rockin some smart looking footwear too.

NYYF Legend

I would feel much better about the Yankee chances this year if they could only find a more consistent level as far as their offense with RISP. There just is too much talent on this team for it to be hitting .166 with the bases loaded and .220ish with RISP.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Man, I don't know how many doubles Ive seen just out of the reach of our LF's this year.

There's a reason that WAR is pretty effective in assessing Gardner's value, he is definitely missed. (although Binder Joe probably would have sit him tonight anyways L v. L and all)
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    I would feel much better about the Yankee chances this year if they could only find a more consistent level as far as their offense with RISP. There just is too much talent on this team for it to be hitting .166 with the bases loaded and .220ish with RISP.
    There is something rotten with their whole approach, and it's not outlandish to look a bit in Kevin Long's direction. Ibanez seems to have the best approach, and he's been working with Long the shortest (no pun intended).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bomber999 View Post
    There is something rotten with their whole approach, and it's not outlandish to look a bit in Kevin Long's direction. Ibanez seems to have the best approach, and he's been working with Long the shortest (no pun intended).
    Imo, Long has seemed to implant a sort of spastic belief that you may only get one 'good' or prime pitch to hit, per AB. And while that may or may not be true, I think that subscribing to that belief leaves too much power in the hands of the the opposing pitcher.

The offense seems to be anticipating the pitch they should handle, rather than tactfully working the count into their favor, in order to gain the advantage multiple times per AB.

I've always thought of Long as a great 'Swing Mechanics' evaluator, but not, necessarily, the best 'Situational Hitting Coach'.

I don't believe that hitting with RISP is a skill independent of hitting normally, so I'm not going to blame Long for this.

2/3 vs TB, Ill take it. Bring on the Muts.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    The Yankees have handled Price for three years now.
    They sure did not handle him last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    They sure did not handle him last night.
    True, but they had 8 baserunners and knocked him out after 5 IP. His ER and K totals looked good, but the Yankees have fared pretty well against him all things considered and relative to other teams he faces.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Back in 1st place, where we belong. Feels good (especially since Boston and Philly are in last )
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Back in 1st place, where we belong. Feels good (especially since Boston and Philly are in last )
    Tampa Bay will probably win tonight, but the Yankees will still be tied in the loss column. The whole division is so tight that it feels like basically all five teams have gotten a mulligan on the first two months of the season. The Yankees need to play consistently to their ability to take the division, but I do think they're actually the favorites despite some of the terrible stretches they've had.

It's hilariously early to be looking at this, but Baseball Prospectus seems to agree ...
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Tampa Bay will probably win tonight, but the Yankees will still be tied in the loss column. The whole division is so tight that it feels like basically all five teams have gotten a mulligan on the first two months of the season. The Yankees need to play consistently to their ability to take the division, but I do think they're actually the favorites despite some of the terrible stretches they've had.

It's hilariously early to be looking at this, but Baseball Prospectus seems to agree ...
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/
    Once we get DRob and Gardner back we should start pulling ahead. If we got Joba back in a timely fashion..oh lawdy lawd.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Once we get DRob and Gardner back we should start pulling ahead. If we got Joba back in a timely fashion..oh lawdy lawd.
    The bullpen could have another very good arm that should be ready before Joba: David Aardsma looks like he may be ready in July.

Thread Information