+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 198 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieTinoTex View Post
    For such a powerful organization, the Yankees easily have the worst talent evaluators in baseball (bottom 5 at best).

Good prospects dealt, hyped prospects flop, undervalued prospects flourish, free agents not valued properly, etc. What a joke.
    That would certainly explain the lack of success this organization has had for the past decade and a half.

You certainly got to the bottom of that one, Columbo.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    *Waits for Yankees fans to cry about how we should've signed Yu Darvish*
    A lot of people wanted Darvish before this start just in case you were curious.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That would certainly explain the lack of success this organization has had for the past decade and a half.

C'mon. You know all those championships were bought....it has nothing to do with the ability to evaluate talent.
    If they ask who was our star, give them 25 names, and if you forget our names, just tell them we were Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieTinoTex View Post
    Some of it's irrational, for sure.

But there's a lot of critical introspection with truth behind it. Truth hurts.
    Your abomination of a post before this was far from rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Everyone on the site has an opinion on every move and non-move the team makes.

Seriously-- are any posts here more pointless than the ones that say "I knew we should/shouldn't have made this move" if their opinion turned out to be correct?

Get over yourselves. Nobody cares.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    *Waits for Yankees fans to cry about how we should've signed Yu Darvish*
    You really can't blame me for that. I have followed him since his high school days. I have dreamed about the Yankees getting him since his second or third year in Japanese league.

I'm depressed.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post

Yes. Us poor and suffering Yankee fans deserve better.

As for Darvish, I don't think talent evaluation had anything to do with why he is not a Yankee, I think it was all about $$$$.
    Life is good!

Wait, so Darvish already won the 2012 AL Cy Young and 2012 World Series MVP? Oh he did't? Oh, it's only April, you say? Ah, my bad.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    Wait, so Darvish already won the 2012 AL Cy Young and 2012 World Series MVP? Oh he did't? Oh, it's only April, you say? Ah, my bad.
    No one says that he's already a future HOFer. I'm a big fan of him since his high school days so it has nothing to do with his last start performance. I just want one of my favorite pitchers pitches for my favorite team. I can understand why the Yankees and people have doubt about him. So I'm not going to the 'I told you so' route. I'm just sad. I'm not surprise of seeing his great stuff last start because I have known it well before that start. And that makes me hurt even more.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    No one says that he's already a future HOFer. I'm a big fan of him since his high school days so it has nothing to do with his last start performance. I just want one of my favorite pitchers pitches for my favorite team. I can understand why the Yankees and people have doubt about him. So I'm not going to the 'I told you so' route. I'm just sad. I'm not surprise of seeing his great stuff last start because I have known it well before that start. And that makes me hurt even more.
    I'm just messin with people.

He looks good. But not signing him was less about his potential and more about the financial risk. The Yankees have become (compared to their former selves) cheapskates.

There are lots of players I want and wanted the Yankees to get. There are several that they have right now that I would rather they didn't. And several who are paid way too much. It's sort of how it goes. I've found that lamenting that kind of thing is self defeating. I'm not telling anyone that they have to accept things for what they are, anyone is allowed to feel any way they feel, but the way I personally look at it is 1) Darvish is a Texas Rangers. 2) The season is young.

You play the cards you're dealt, and hope they hold up.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

NYYF Legend

Darvish looked freakin GOOD last night.

I believe that same crowd wanted Dice-K before he signed with the Sox too.....
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    Your point? That poster implied that people were going to bitch about Darvish based on this one start alone. I'm just pointing out that a lot of people wanted him way before last night.

Whether they wanted Dice-K or not is irrelevant.

Wrong. He's a much superior pitcher than DiceK in pretty much every way.

Your point? That poster implied that people were going to bitch about Darvish based on this one start alone. I'm just pointing out that a lot of people wanted him way before last night.

Whether they wanted Dice-K or not is irrelevant.
    My point is.... (not directed at you) There were a lotta people that wanted Dice K before the Sox got him based on the fact that he was going to be the next Clemens/Seaver/Maddux all wrapped up in one nice package.
    Then.... we know the rest.
    Funny how we don't hear from that "wanting Dice K" group any longer....

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Wrong. He's a much superior pitcher than DiceK in pretty much every way.
    And the Zen Master says: "We'll see...."

My point is.... (not directed at you) There were a lotta people that wanted Dice K before the Sox got him based on the fact that he was going to be the next Clemens/Seaver/Maddux all wrapped up in one nice package.
    Then.... we know the rest.
    Funny how we don't hear from that "wanting Dice K" group any longer....
    That is still irrelevant to what I was saying to that other poster.

I don't keep track of who was in that group. I remember a lot did as well and those familiar faces still post here.....sooooooo yeah. Should whoever was in that group still be apologizing for wanting Dice K at the time or something?

Some wanted Darvish, others didnt. Some wanted the Pineda trade, others didnt. I think the bottom line is that neither move can be judged yet. The issue I have is that there are SOME (keyword SOME, not all, not many, not the majority) here, and MANY elsewhere i.e other boards, the media, people in my life I discuss sports with...that have made their final judgments on both moves. Its the same stuff with the Granderson deal, when you had a group of people deeming it a failure based on April-May 2010 when Jackson was hitting .400 and Granderson wasnt doing much.

You have to let these things play out down the road.

That is still irrelevant to what I was saying to that other poster.

I don't keep track of who was in that group. I remember a lot did as well and those familiar faces still post here.....sooooooo yeah. Should whoever was in that group still be apologizing for wanting Dice K at the time or something?
    Forget it....

lol don't act like what you said wasn't in need of explanation because it made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Some wanted Darvish, others didnt. Some wanted the Pineda trade, others didnt. I think the bottom line is that neither move can be judged yet. The issue I have is that there are SOME (keyword SOME, not all, not many, not the majority) here, and MANY elsewhere i.e other boards, the media, people in my life I discuss sports with...that have made their final judgments on both moves. Its the same stuff with the Granderson deal, when you had a group of people deeming it a failure based on April-May 2010 when Jackson was hitting .400 and Granderson wasnt doing much.

You have to let these things play out down the road.
    Totally agree with this.

I remember people clamouring for Aaron Rowand after he made a trip into the Bronx and made a few spectacular catches....
    It's reactionary, that's all.

I don't think there's anyone that wasn't intrigued by Darvish. I would love to have seen him come here. But I understand why the Yankees decided the risk was too great. If they signed him it would limit their flexibility tremendously, particularly if he didn't pan out. Just a huge investment for a guy with tantalizing ability but no experience in this league.

The Rangers have stones for letting Wilson walk for 5/$78MM and dropping this much coin on Darvish. $52MM up front and 6/$56MM + up to $4MM in incentives for avoiding the DL is a lot of scratch. They stuck their necks out, and I'm sure nails will get chewed down in that FO in each of his starts until he settles in. I'm sure there were some nerves after his first start, and some huge relief after last night. Probably an emotional roller coaster for those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I don't think there's anyone that wasn't intrigued by Darvish. I would love to have seen him come here. But I understand why the Yankees decided the risk was too great. If they signed him it would limit their flexibility tremendously, particularly if he didn't pan out. Just a huge investment for a guy with tantalizing ability but no experience in this league.

The Rangers have stones for letting Wilson walk for 5/$78MM and dropping this much coin on Darvish. $52MM up front and 6/$56MM + up to $4MM in incentives for avoiding the DL is a lot of scratch. They stuck their necks out, and I'm sure nails will get chewed down in that FO in each of his starts until he settles in. I'm sure there were some nerves after his first start, and some huge relief after last night. Probably an emotional roller coaster for those guys.
    Agreed. I was definitely on the Darvish bandwagon, just not at any price.

And the Zen Master says: "We'll see...."
    We've already "seen" it. His numbers in Japan are superior and so is his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    We've already "seen" it. His numbers in Japan are superior and so is his stuff.
    One game? Four games?

Like the Zen Master has said - "We'll see"
    Let's talk in August when Darvish enters territory his arm hasn't seen before.....

Thread Information