+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 198 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 59 109 ... LastLast
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You can legally choose only one of those.
    It's likely that he definitely used those words wrong.
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

I had gone to the store at the start of the game-- it was 2-0 Sox when I got out of the car. By the time I put the game on on the way home, it was 9-1 after the sixth. I didn't turn the game on when I got home, figuring it was a done deal.

On checking my email, I got an alert about Humber's perfect game. I clicked on ESPN and while I was reading the story, I noticed the score of the Yankees game was now 9-8. I said something along the lines of 'Holy F***' and watched it from there...
    Somebody at church told me the Sox were up 9-0 early in the game and I just rolled my eyes and thought "that's just peachy".

I had written the game off and didn't even think about it again. I just happened to turn on the television when I got home and while flipping through the channels I stumbled across the game on FOX in time to see Swisher's double off the wall to take the lead. I couldn't believe it. I figured it was going to be one of those 15-3 Sox pastings with the Fenway crowd in complete glee.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

I'm delighted with the game postponement. I'd much rather have CC pitch in Texas where it's warm and he can give us a better chance against the Rangers who are downright scary right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    I'm delighted with the game postponement. I'd much rather have CC pitch in Texas where it's warm and he can give us a better chance against the Rangers who are downright scary right now.
    They can also rest the bullpen and it makes it easier to skip Garcia's Detroit start if they are so inclined, not to mention the earlier travel time to Texas.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

They can also rest the bullpen and it makes it easier to skip Garcia's Detroit start if they are so inclined, not to mention the earlier travel time to Texas.
    ITA with all of this.

Not a surprise (it's pouring), but disappointing, none the less.

They shook. Nah, just as well with me, sets us up better for a tough week.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

Looks like that should change the matchups for the Texas series to:

Monday- Sabathia vs Holland
    Tuesday- Kuroda vs Darvish
    Wedensday- Hughes vs Feldman

and for the Detroit series:
    Friday- Nova vs Verlander
    Saturday- Garcia vs Smyly
    Sunday- Sabathia vs Scherzer

Unless they us the rainout and offday to skip Garcia?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Looks like that should change the matchups for the Texas series to:

Monday- Sabathia vs Holland
    Tuesday- Kuroda vs Darvish
    Wedensday- Hughes vs Feldman

and for the Detroit series:
    Friday- Nova vs Verlander
    Saturday- Garcia vs Smyly
    Sunday- Sabathia vs Scherzer

Unless they us the rainout and offday to skip Garcia?
    Wow, Japanese TV ratings should be through the roof for Tuesday's matchup then! I'm sure they were going to be high anyway with Darvish going against the Yankees but throw Kuroda into that mix and it really ups the ante.

It's good they're getting out of town on high note (yesterday's game)..... and those Sunday night ESPN games are a pain in the neck.

(and that Texas team can mash, that's for sure)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    those Sunday night ESPN games are a pain in the neck.
    Monday night is an ESPN game as well.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13 View Post
    Favorite regular season game of all-time?
    This was a wonderful game, but still doesn't come close to game #163 of the 1978 season.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Yes, but not exclusively. It's on My9 in the NY area. On Sunday nights, we're forced to watch the ESPN broadcast with the later start time.

Yes, but not exclusively. It's on My9 in the NY area. On Sunday nights, we're forced to watch the ESPN broadcast with the later start time.
    Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for saving me the trouble of searching for it tomorrow.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

What a pity yesterday's game will never be on Yankees Classics! I could watch it over and over again. Or, in the case of the Yankee seventh inning, I could watch it! For the first time!

That actually works out great, though. It means it's a 7pm game instead of 8pm like the other two games in Texas are going to be.

QUESTIONS for the anyone who knows about these things ...

1. Because Saturday's instant classic was on FOX and not YES, does that mean YES does not have access to this game for Yankee Classics?

2. If by chance YES does have access, and the idea that they don't and we'll never see that game again is criminal, but in the event that YES can re-broadcast that game, will they be able to re-broadcast it in its entirety, including the part FOX cutaway for the Humber PG, or is that segment lost forever, not even on tape?

Thanks in advance if anyone can clear this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post

1. Because Saturday's instant classic was on FOX and not YES, does that mean YES does not have access to this game for Yankee Classics?

2. If by chance YES does have access, and the idea that they don't and we'll never see that game again is criminal, but in the event that YES can re-broadcast that game, will they be able to re-broadcast it in its entirety, including the part FOX cutaway for the Humber PG, or is that segment lost forever, not even on tape?

They've shown WS games on YES from Fox broadcasts so I doubt regular season games are any different.

I'm guessing they have to license the content? Which would be a win/win, since YES has a target audience that will eat it up (and advertisers that will buy air time) and FOX really can't do anything with a regular season game a year+ down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    They've shown WS games on YES from Fox broadcasts so I doubt regular season games are any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post

Thanks Y62, thats really good to hear, but do you think that lost segment, when FOX cut away for Humber, is even on tape?

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post

I'm guessing they have to license the content? Which would be a win/win, since YES has a target audience that will eat it up (and advertisers that will buy air time) and FOX really can't do anything with a regular season game a year+ down the road.
    Thanks false, but as I asked Y62, do you think the cutaway to Humber innings are even on tape?

Thanks Y62, thats really good to hear, but do you think that lost segment, when FOX cut away for Humber, is even on tape?
    I'm sure it was filmed, so they could edit it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post

I'm sure it was filmed, so they could edit it back in.
    Awesome!

With tonights rainout, I wish YES would replay that game tonight

Thanks false, but as I asked Y62, do you think the cutaway to Humber innings are even on tape?
    it was taped, there's just no announcers. I watched it last night on mlbtv. It was actually really cool to watch an inning without announcers.

Thread Information