+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 198 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    I don't mind ESPN Sunday night as much as I used to, now that the announcing team is not completely infuriating. I don't like Hershiser, but Shulman is fine, and Francona, now that he's no longer the Sox manager, is actually quite pleasant to listen to.
    I don't mind Terry Francono either i just wish they'd quit making references to the 2004 ALCS.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    I think some Yankee fans who keep bringing up A.J. Burnett and Jesus Montero should root for the teams that those two are in this season.

If those fans don't have a patient bone in their body, then they shouldn't watch Hiroki Kuroda and Michael Pineda starting their games.

If they want to throw players under the bus, they should be ashamed of themselves.
    Well said, Kuroda just needs some more time to adjust to the AL & pitching in a hitters ballpark. As for Michael Pineda we haven't even seen him in a regular season game. Hey, where were these fans when Kuroda pitched an 8 inning shutout against the Angels?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    I am too. As good as Montero may be, the Yankees did not have a spot for him. They do not believe in him as a catcher, first base and DH are going to be clogged the next 5 years.

I know AJ put it together for the playoff game last year, to me that does not make up for the non competes he gave us in Fenway Park for 3 seasons, the "no hit stuff" that translated to 5 run innings in a flash, etc.

He came up big a couple times but I would not trust him with the season on the line in 2012.
    I agree, the guy is the only pitcher in Yankees history to have consecutive seasons with an ERA over 5.00 & for what he was getting paid he had to go. Boston & the other upper echelon teams routinely ate his lunch!
    Last edited by NYYankeesFan92; 04-19-12 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    Well said, Kuroda just needs some more time to adjust to the AL & pitching in a hitters ballpark. As for Michael Pineda we haven't even seen him in a regular season game. Hey, where were these fans when Kuroda pitched an 8 inning shutout against the Angels?
    This is my message to all those fans who keep throwing players like Hiroki Kuroda under the bus: if and when they succeed after you keep bashing them, don't celebrate with us when they win.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

NYYF Legend

Anyone has Sterling's last out call from last night?

I heard he screwed up.

This is my message to all those fans who keep throwing players like Hiroki Kuroda under the bus: if and when they succeed after you keep bashing them, don't celebrate with us when they win.
    I may have missed it, and wasn't in the GT yesterday, but are people really throwing Kuroda under the bus? I don't see that here or in the Kuroda thread. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I may have missed it, and wasn't in the GT yesterday, but are people really throwing Kuroda under the bus? I don't see that here or in the Kuroda thread. What am I missing?
    I think he's taking a preemptive strike.

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    I think he's taking a preemptive strike.
    Yeah.

There were some hits by the Twins that were just solid hits and good pitches. Some were just bad pitches.

It's something I don't understand. Or maybe I do.....
    People think that every Yankee player is going to be perfect every outting or every at bat or every fielding chance.
    Guess what? These players are human and they make errors and mistakes.

It is what it is. Yes - it's extremely frustrating when your players aren't succeeding all the time. Believe me, I'm the "low tolerance" kind of fan. But look, it's a loooooong season. One game is a very small sample, let alone, one at bat.
    We all want the team to win but whining about keeping a pitcher in for a batter too log, or a hitter popping up with the bases loaded and no outs on a 3-1 pitch, isn't gonna do any good.
    Of course, it doesn't do any harm either except that it makes you look like a spoiled crybaby that expects perfection from each player and every chance.

So let's sit back and chill and enjoy this run of success in a leisurely manner. The way baseball was supposed to be viewed. Because let's face it, we don't know how long this success will be sustained.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

Baseball is a game based around failure. I just keep reminding myself of that.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    You'd be amazed at the crap you read on Twitter & Facebook.

Did Leiter just draw a penis on the screen?
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF Triple Crown

Before yesterday and today, when was the last time the Yankees allowed 4 or more runs in the top of the first inning in consecutive games?

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by effdamets View Post
    It's something I don't understand. Or maybe I do.....
    People think that every Yankee player is going to be perfect every outting or every at bat or every fielding chance.
    Guess what? These players are human and they make errors and mistakes.

It is what it is. Yes - it's extremely frustrating when your players aren't succeeding all the time. Believe me, I'm the "low tolerance" kind of fan. But look, it's a loooooong season. One game is a very small sample, let alone, one at bat....

So let's sit back and chill and enjoy this run of success in a leisurely manner. The way baseball was supposed to be viewed. Because let's face it, we don't know how long this success will be sustained.
    Great post. Immediately reminded me of this quote: "When you play this game twenty years, go to bat ten-thousand times, and get three-thousand hits, do you know what that means? You've gone zero for seven-thousand." -Pete Rose

"Grandy leads the league", get used to hearing that. Last year was no fluke.

Sure, it was disappointing to get a split against the Minnesota Twins, but getting a 4-3 record in the first homestand of the season is not bad.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    I don't mind ESPN Sunday night as much as I used to, now that the announcing team is not completely infuriating. I don't like Hershiser, but Shulman is fine, and Francona, now that he's no longer the Sox manager, is actually quite pleasant to listen to.
    As long as I don't have to listen to Joe Morgan...I can deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HerbieLee20 View Post
    "Grandy leads the league", get used to hearing that. Last year was no fluke.
    Yeah, but he led the league in insignificant things like scoring runs and driving runs in. That's why even Jacoby Ellsbury beat him out on MVP voting. In the great scheme of things, runs apparently aren't really important.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Sure, it was disappointing to get a split against the Minnesota Twins, but getting a 4-3 record in the first homestand of the season is not bad.
    I knew the Twins series wouldn't be a great one after Mike Francesa stated on Monday that the Yankees won't have any problems with the Twins. When was the last time Francesa was right about anything?

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Before yesterday and today, when was the last time the Yankees allowed 4 or more runs in the top of the first inning in consecutive games?
    Ask EvanJ.

NYYF Legend

here's the part of the season i hate..when the Red Sox are in the doldrums and the Yankees provide the instant adrenaline boost.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    here's the part of the season i hate..when the Red Sox are in the doldrums and the Yankees provide the instant adrenaline boost.
    Good job they're not 0-6 like last season
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

I think there are a lot of unknowns with Kuroda (change of leagues, change of ballparks, effects of age). He was well worth the gamble on a one-year deal when he was expected to be the number three or four starter. The problem is now that thanks to Pineda's troubles, Kuroda is being asked to step up to be the number two. Add in that vintage CC hasn't shown up yet, and Kuroda tends to draw some heat, even through only three starts.

I agree that it needs some time before his deal can even begin to be evaluated.
    27-Time World Champions

Those Highlander uniforms were nice!

I have to get myself one of those jerseys.

Gotta get one of those caps too.

Quick question, is Michael Pineda really that much better than Ivan Nova? I'm asking because after we acquired him from Seattle the media & a lot of Yankees fans automatically slotted him as the #2 starter behind CC.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quick question, is Michael Pineda really that much better than Ivan Nova? I'm asking because after we acquired him from Seattle the media & a lot of Yankees fans automatically slotted him as the #2 starter behind CC.
    By his peripherals last year, and his upside (assuming the velocity returns), I'd say his potential is higher, but if Nova refuses to ever lose another game we might need to amend that.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Thread Information