+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4946
  1. #1276
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    I was trying to be witty, playing on the fact that the "g" was omitted in teknetic's spelling of the city name. Oh, well.

    Sorry, I should have caught on to that.

  2. #1277
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    -tz's wits aren't appreciated nearly enough. Maybe if she supplied pics...
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  3. #1278
    Senior Member
    YankS1302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Carolina

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    How much longer can the Yanks wait on Martins bat to come alive. Season is about half way over & he hasn't done squat offensively. Last night made 2 errors. Average has been sub .200
    I bet there are a bunch of pitchers in the NL out-hitting him.
    [font=Verdana]Live For The Day[/font]

  4. #1279

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankS1302 View Post
    How much longer can the Yanks wait on Martins bat to come alive. Season is about half way over & he hasn't done squat offensively. Last night made 2 errors. Average has been sub .200
    I bet there are a bunch of pitchers in the NL out-hitting him.
    As long as he continues to deliver on defense.

  5. #1280

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Which he does. Can't expect the defense to be perfect every night
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

  6. #1281
    Devoted Member
    VirginiaYank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Alexandria, Va

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Which he does. Can't expect the defense to be perfect every night
    Think his struggles this year would be minimized by fans if others such as Tex, Arod and Swish were having better years. The argument that they don't really need Martin's offense would be a better argument if they were having better years. His offensive woes if they continue would go down as one of the worst by a Yankee starting catcher in a long time...

  7. #1282
    NYYF Legend

    JfromJersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Is K-Long still considered a genius?
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

    It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

  8. #1283

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Is Granderson still smashing lefties?

  9. #1284
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    -tz's wits aren't appreciated nearly enough. Maybe if she supplied pics...
    They're in here somewhere ...

    Last edited by -tz; 07-04-12 at 10:14 PM.

  10. #1285

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Is K-Long still considered a genius?
    No coach can fix everybody.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

  11. #1286

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Mark Feinsand ‏@BloggingBombers
    The Yankees acquired Darnell McDonald off waivers from the Red Sox. He'll join the Yankees in Boston Friday.

  12. #1287

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tim2nyy View Post
    Mark Feinsand ‏@BloggingBombers
    The Yankees acquired Darnell McDonald off waivers from the Red Sox. He'll join the Yankees in Boston Friday.
    you're kidding me
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  13. #1288

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    you're kidding me
    Supposedly, he will replace Dewayne Wise. If true this moves makes less sense than any move I could think of.

  14. #1289
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tim2nyy View Post
    Mark Feinsand ‏@BloggingBombers
    The Yankees acquired Darnell McDonald off waivers from the Red Sox. He'll join the Yankees in Boston Friday.
    What the hell, why? What purpose are Cust and Branyan serving in AAA?

  15. #1290

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Supposedly, he will replace Dewayne Wise. If true this moves makes less sense than any move I could think of.
    DeWayne Wise? He's like the only guy other than Cano who is hitting right now (sad isn't it?)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  16. #1291
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    With the way Wise has been playing, this makes no sense at all. Who else would he be replacing? It can't be Nix, the only utility infielder. I can see stacking him at AAA but to replace Wise now is absurd. The reports indicate McDonald is definitely joining the major league team.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  17. #1292
    Senior Member
    YankS1302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Carolina

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    [QUOTE=grizy;7537825]As long as he continues to deliver on defense.

    We all know that Martin is a good catcher but to think that they are fine with him hitting below .200 is acceptable, I doubt it.
    Hopefully the all-star break will do him some good.
    [font=Verdana]Live For The Day[/font]

  18. #1293

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Makes absolutely no sense if he's replacing Wise. It's not like I expect Wise to keep hitting like this, but you might as well ride it out while it lasts.

  19. #1294

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    With the way Wise has been playing, this makes no sense at all. Who else would he be replacing? It can't be Nix, the only utility infielder. I can see stacking him at AAA but to replace Wise now is absurd. The reports indicate McDonald is definitely joining the major league team.
    I'd be surprised if he replaces Wise. Maybe they're moving a pitcher? (or a dl move we don't know about yet)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  20. #1295

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Come on folks. Think about it for a moment. Wise isn't going any where. McDonald bats rights; Wise bats left and has done all his recent damage against RHed pitching. Phelps will make his start today and then be replaced by McDonald for the Boston series, where the Sox have 3 LHed starters. Wise will be on the bench for later game duties. When CC comes back after the break, the Yankees will have to make another move, probably releasing McDonald, perhaps depending on how Brett is doing.

    As for Branyan and Cust, neither can play the OF on a level the Yankees consider adequate, which is probably a rather low threshold set by Raul. The rather, shall we say, stocky Cust used to play that position after a fashion, but check how much he is doing it in AAA.

  21. #1296
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Come on folks. Think about it for a moment. Wise isn't going any where. McDonald bats rights; Wise bats left and has done all his recent damage against RHed pitching. Phelps will make his start today and then be replaced by McDonald for the Boston series, where the Sox have 3 LHed starters. Wise will be on the bench for later game duties. When CC comes back after the break, the Yankees will have to make another move, probably releasing McDonald, perhaps depending on how Brett is doing.

    As for Branyan and Cust, neither can play the OF on a level the Yankees consider adequate, which is probably a rather low threshold set by Raul. The rather, shall we say, stocky Cust used to play that position after a fashion, but check how much he is doing it in AAA.
    They wouldn't be up to play the outfield. Ibanez's numbers are fairly bad.

  22. #1297

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    It is pretty clear that part of the reason they chose Ibanez for his role on the team is their feeling he could play some games in the OF. He has played a lot more than that in order to parcel out the DH role in the absence of Gardner. If Ibanez does not pick up the pace and Wise keeps hitting or Gardner comes back, maybe they should and will make a move.

    It partly depends on how the alternatives look at AAA of course. I read they both have been hitting HRs and striking out a lot.

    Anyway, those guys are left-sided alternatives to Ibanez, not to right-sided OFer McDonald's short role on the team.

  23. #1298
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    20 minutes from the stadium

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    There in here somewhere ...

    Wow, that's one smart looking gal.

  24. #1299
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    There in here somewhere ...

    Quite an impressive set of wits you've got there, young lady.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  25. #1300
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    [QUOTE=YankS1302;7537918]
    Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    As long as he continues to deliver on defense.

    We all know that Martin is a good catcher but to think that they are fine with him hitting below .200 is acceptable, I doubt it.
    Hopefully the all-star break will do him some good.
    I think the Yankees are fine with him getting on base at a 30 percent rate or higher vs. him hitting for a pretty batting average especially for a bottom of the order hitter.

    But alas, today it officially has sunk to .297. He'll be given a long leash but if the OBP keeps sinking......
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts