+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 4946
  1. #51

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by southernNYYfan View Post
    Phillips signed a 6 year 70+ mil deal, Cano is smiling from ear to ear
    Jay Franklin, the agent for Ian Kinsler, said he and the Texas Rangers' front office worked for four or five long days to reach agreement on a five-year, $75 million contract extension for the second baseman.
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...year-extension

    These contracts are more inline what what teh yanks would probably do, but there is always the one dumb owner and Boras is his agent.

  2. #52
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Cano is looking for $150m plus over six plus years. The time that goes by, the less chance we have of resigning him and the less I want to.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  3. #53

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Cano is looking for $150m plus over six plus years. The time that goes by, the less chance we have of resigning him and the less I want to.
    Link?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  4. #54
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    I really to care to have two pitchers like Kuroda & Garcia in my rotation.

    One is fine.

    Once Pineda is healthy, one of them should go to the pen.

  5. #55

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    1) It is not your rotation.

    2) Kuroda and Garcia are very different pitchers.

    3) If you think that the Yankees are going to put Kuroda in the bull pen after signing him for 11 million for a year and before a long, long look as a starter, you are in fantasy land.

    4) Garcia's hold on a spot in the rotation is tenuous, however.

  6. #56
    NYYF Legend

    SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    1) It is not your rotation.

    2) Kuroda and Garcia are very different pitchers.

    3) If you think that the Yankees are going to put Kuroda in the bull pen after signing him for 11 million for a year and before a long, long look as a starter, you are in fantasy land.

    4) Garcia's hold on a spot in the rotation is tenuous, however.

    Fine. They're different. However I don't like either. Hence my complaint.

    It is "MY" team's rotation though.

  7. #57
    Addicted Member
    b0mber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Section 203

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Where do you think Pineda is going to fit in when he gets back, and Andy as well? now that we have seen everyone's first start i definitely think we are going to see a few rotation adjustments in time.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

    Operation 28

  8. #58

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    Where do you think Pineda is going to fit in when he gets back, and Andy as well? now that we have seen everyone's first start i definitely think we are going to see a few rotation adjustments in time.
    I think that the rotation, at the end of the day, will not include Hughes or Garcia. It will be CC-Nova-Pettitte-Pineda-Kuroda. In that order.

  9. #59
    Addicted Member
    b0mber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Section 203

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    That's the rotation i would like to see, and possible that 5th spot being up for grabs between freddy and hughes as well if kuroda doesn't turn out to be what we all had hoped for. I just hope andy can come back and be somewhat close to the old andy we all have seen in the past and love.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

    Operation 28

  10. #60
    Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    What a win.

    I thought it was going to be a frustrating loss after squandering many opportunities w/RISP.

    But the Bullpen held the fort and we got the hit that we've been looking for all night.

    Sure, 2 for 18 w/RISP was pathetic, but it's like Shaq making free throws in the clutch: I make them when they count.

    Also, our bullpen was ice cool as the O's went 0 for 8 w/RISP.

    First series win of the season, but I want more wins in the standings.

    Keep it up Yankees.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

  11. #61
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    I can't get too excited about wins and losses early in the year....I like to look at the young players and see how they handle the bigs. Phelps looks like he can contribute and I like pitchers who work quickly.

    HOWEVER, I don't like it when the 3rd base coach gambles in poor situtations. Basically, he needs to know the score, the inning, who's running, how many outs and who's coming up next. He gets paid well enough to be able to calculate odds during the play. So, tie score, runner just got hit by a pitch in the toe, nobody out, A-Rod and Tex next, looks like a 50/50 scoring opportunity if you send the runner.........that means STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP at 3rd. It didn't cost us a game, but it could have. I hope Girardi has a talk with him about this because I don't want to see that in a critical regular season or playoff game....and Thompson has made this mistake before.
    Let the kids play.

  12. #62
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Link?
    Link to what? My personal opinion?

    And, are we really going to condemn Kuroda and Garcia after one start? Garcia isn't anything special but I'll give him a few more starts before I throw him under a bus. As for Kuroda, the guy has stated one game for us: he'll be fine.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  13. #63

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    HOWEVER, I don't like it when the 3rd base coach gambles in poor situtations. Basically, he needs to know the score, the inning, who's running, how many outs and who's coming up next. He gets paid well enough to be able to calculate odds during the play. So, tie score, runner just got hit by a pitch in the toe, nobody out, A-Rod and Tex next, looks like a 50/50 scoring opportunity if you send the runner.........that means STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP at 3rd. It didn't cost us a game, but it could have. I hope Girardi has a talk with him about this because I don't want to see that in a critical regular season or playoff game....and Thompson has made this mistake before.
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes yes yes.

    Thompson HAS done this more than once, and it's inexcusable. Swish is a slow runner to begin with, and he had a groin issue in the spring. You've got the heart of your order coming up. I'm not a reactionary person but Thompson should be gone. I honestly don't know why he's our 3B coach or what he actually does for this team other than screw up when to send runners and high five guys on their way around the bases after a HR.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

  14. #64

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Link to what? My personal opinion?
    You said: "Cano is looking for $150m plus over six plus years." as though it was a report/fact. I, too, didn't realize it was just your guess.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

  15. #65
    Larry Walker's Fanclub Rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Wall Street

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Cano is looking for $150m plus over six plus years. The time that goes by, the less chance we have of resigning him and the less I want to.
    First, there is no way in hell the Yankees are going to put $150mm+ down on a guy who has a sub-.350 OBP - especially one who will be 31 when the new contract starts.

    Secondly, I don't know where you get those numbers. I can see Cano asking for somewhere in the range of $100-120 million over 6 years, however, and the Yankees thinking that it might not be terribly unreasonable. I'd rather the contract be 5 years, though, since it's tough to have a late-30s middle infielder.

  16. #66
    Larry Walker's Fanclub Rocketman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Wall Street

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes yes yes.

    Thompson HAS done this more than once, and it's inexcusable. Swish is a slow runner to begin with, and he had a groin issue in the spring. You've got the heart of your order coming up. I'm not a reactionary person but Thompson should be gone. I honestly don't know why he's our 3B coach or what he actually does for this team other than screw up when to send runners and high five guys on their way around the bases after a HR.
    Eh, I'd rather the Yankees be aggressive when it could go either way, especially in the beginning of the year. Look at last night's overall performance with RISP as an indicator: you need to get runs when you have the chance.

  17. #67

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Eh, I'd rather the Yankees be aggressive when it could go either way, especially in the beginning of the year. Look at last night's overall performance with RISP as an indicator: you need to get runs when you have the chance.
    Generally I would agree in being aggressive. The problem is that there's no outs. I might even let it slide if there was one out, but zero? And since Cano got to 2nd on the double, it would have been 2nd and 3rd and no outs, meaning no possibility of a DP. As bad as we've been with RISP, and as much as Alex and Tex have struggled, you have to show faith in your 3/4/5 hitters to get the job done with no outs and that situation.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

  18. #68
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes yes yes.

    Thompson HAS done this more than once, and it's inexcusable. Swish is a slow runner to begin with, and he had a groin issue in the spring. You've got the heart of your order coming up. I'm not a reactionary person but Thompson should be gone. I honestly don't know why he's our 3B coach or what he actually does for this team other than screw up when to send runners and high five guys on their way around the bases after a HR.
    I admittedly have a terrible memory but I don't remember being angry at Thompson for waving home runners. I don't remember thinking much about him as a 3rd base coach (which is the sign of being a good one). Didn't like the call last night but I'm not going to kill the guy. Every once in a while the coach makes a bad decision. If he keeps doing it then I'll call for his head.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

  19. #69

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Link to what? My personal opinion?
    When you state that a player is looking for a specific amount of money and a specific number of years like it's fact, generally you provide a link. It's sort of an internet tradition.

    Nothing about your previous post signaled that 6 years and $150 million was just your opinion or speculation.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  20. #70

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    I admittedly have a terrible memory but I don't remember being angry at Thompson for waving home runners. I don't remember thinking much about him as a 3rd base coach (which is the sign of being a good one). Didn't like the call last night but I'm not going to kill the guy. Every once in a while the coach makes a bad decision. If he keeps doing it then I'll call for his head.
    I tend to have a problem where I forget when a guy does his job as expected, and instead tend to remember the blatant mistakes the most. But while Thompson might not be Luis "Wave 'em in" Sojo over at third, I have far too many of those bonehead-send memories in my mind from Thompson. I don't have the stats to back it up, but I feel like there are at least a half dozen times in recent memory where he's gotten guys thrown out at home with no outs, and then a bunch of other times where there's two outs and a guy gets held on an outfielder with a weak arm, for example.

    Again, could just be a selective memory.
    Yes, I'm a girl.

  21. #71

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Note to Yankees coaching staff: If you are going to employ infield shifts, please make sure your pitchers are pitching to it. I.E. If you are going to put Cano behind 2nd base against a RH, the pitcher should not be trying to paint the outside corner. It had me all nerved up last night.

  22. #72

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraBomberalis View Post
    I tend to have a problem where I forget when a guy does his job as expected, and instead tend to remember the blatant mistakes the most. But while Thompson might not be Luis "Wave 'em in" Sojo over at third, I have far too many of those bonehead-send memories in my mind from Thompson. I don't have the stats to back it up, but I feel like there are at least a half dozen times in recent memory where he's gotten guys thrown out at home with no outs, and then a bunch of other times where there's two outs and a guy gets held on an outfielder with a weak arm, for example.

    Again, could just be a selective memory.
    Last night's move was an epic fail for 10 different reasons, but I don't recall any as bad as that.

  23. #73

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    For the most part, Thompson is a very good third-base coach.

  24. #74
    Hello dum-dum... effdamets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Now in Section 312

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by freebubba View Post
    Last night's move was an epic fail for 10 different reasons, but I don't recall any as bad as that.
    Wait a minute....

    Cano hits a double down the line and Swisher is thrown out at the plate - Cano to second.
    Correct?
    I don't recall either of the next two hitters doing anything that would have scored the run from 3rd anyway. So I think Thompson waving Swisher around cannot be condemned. It was unfortunate (for the Yankees) that the relay throw was on target.
    “Begin each day as if it were on purpose........”—Alex Hitchens

  25. #75

    Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

    There were no outs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts