+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 198 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 General Yankee Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by spikeowenfan View Post
    it was taped, there's just no announcers. I watched it last night on mlbtv. It was actually really cool to watch an inning without announcers.
    If you have MLB At Bat, you can watch the condensed game.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeowenfan View Post

it was taped, there's just no announcers. I watched it last night on mlbtv.
    Thanks spike

There will be announcers if they replay it on YES, they give you the Sterling radio feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Thanks spike

There will be announcers if they replay it on YES, they give you the Sterling radio feed.
    Then make sure you tune in in the Red Sox first, which I had the pleasure of hearing while on my way to the store.

It went something like "Gonzalez hits one deeep to center field. It is high! It is far! It is gooone! A home run for Gonzalez....... Wait... Now they're saying it's a double. It must have bounced over the wall."
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    This was a wonderful game, but still doesn't come close to game #163 of the 1978 season.
    Wholeheartedly agree!

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF MVP

Yea so I really want to sweep Texas now because of the guy that wrote this article.

New York Yankees in town: Rotation woes, questionable moves weakened the empire

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/04...#storylink=cpy

Yankees aren't a perfect team and you can most definitely write a article addressing that legitimately but this guy wrote this article in such a smug fashion you'd think a forum poster from a Ranger fan site wrote it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree!
    But back to back TDs in the 7th & 8th to overcome a 9-0 deficeit at Boston is about as good as it gets for April baseball. The look on Bobby V's face and his mouthed "wow" about a half a dozen times was priceless.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Yea so I really want to sweep Texas now because of the guy that wrote this article.

Yankees aren't a perfect team and you can most definitely write a article addressing that legitimately but this guy wrote this article in such a smug fashion you'd think a forum poster from a Ranger fan site wrote it.
    I'd like to spank Texas this week. They need to be taken down a peg.

I wonder if A-Rod realizes that his 2007 opt-out antics basically made the Rangers' current success possible.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

See the problem with things like this:

Heckle them. Jeer them. Despise them, as always, if you must.
    But in this 2012 season, as April has reminded, Texas Rangers fans would be wise to resist the primeval urge to envy the 27-time champion Yankees.
    Is that, just by writing this article, you are demonstrating your envy. Rest assured, no one in NY is writing this article about the Rangers.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

I wonder if A-Rod realizes that his 2007 opt-out antics basically made the Rangers' current success possible.
    Argh, don't remind me. Out of all the "issues" folks have put out there regarding A-Rod during his tenure here, this is the one that infuriates me because it indirectly affects on-the-field production (both here and in Texas) and it was ENTIRELY avoidable. Opting out during the WS well before the window to negotiate closed was an abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston View Post
    See the problem with things like this:

Is that, just by writing this article, you are demonstrating your envy. Rest assured, no one in NY is writing this article about the Rangers.
    A high school football game would get more attention in Dallas than the Rangers. Just another city like Tampa that doesnt realize what its missing by not supporting their baseball team. I know they had a big crowd tonight but thats not a baseball town.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Quote Originally Posted by R.V.47 View Post
    A high school football game would get more attention in Dallas than the Rangers. Just another city like Tampa that doesnt realize what its missing by not supporting their baseball team. I know they had a big crowd tonight but thats not a baseball town.
    I agree, let's be honest prior to 2010 a lot of those Rangers "fans" were probably either Yankees, Red Sox or Phillies fans.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.V.47 View Post
    Eh, they're drawing a decent crowd now. I think they have 25k season ticket holders (full season equivalent).

Unfortunately, they're in the 40 min gap between Dallas and Fort Worth- which means they're neither in Dallas nor Fort Worth. They're in the crap-town of Arlington, which is so dominated by used car salesman that they refused to let the train stop there (where they have 6 flags, a football stadium and a baseball stadium) because they didn't want it to hurt car sales.

They're just not going to sell out every game with that location, even with their cheap ticket prices ($44 for 18th row directly behind home plate at season ticket prices- not kidding). Especially without a train that stops there since most of Dallas' population is north of Dallas (and you'd basically have to go south through downtown Dallas, then another 20 miles west).
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

Um, I think it has more to do with 10 years of perpetual sucking resulting in some decent talent + a weak division and oh, that $150M/year TV deal they just got.

The Rangers momentarily captured the attention of the sports world Monday. But it had nothing to do with winning the AL West title over the weekend. Rather, it was because of an online USA Today report claiming the team's new TV contract with Fox Sports Southwest is worth $3 billion over 20 years.
    That breaks down to $150 million a year or somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 million per game. That would make the Rangers TV rights deal the sweetest in baseball for a team that doesn't own its own cable channel (think Yankees). That's also about 50 percent more than the Cowboys and each of the other 31 NFL teams annually get from their sweet network television deals.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tex...-year-2344.ece

Another $150m/yr for payroll can work wonders.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

it has to do with good scouting and aggressive amateur talent acquisition

get the right players, get a lot of them.
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Um, I think it has more to do with 10 years of perpetual sucking resulting in some decent talent + a weak division and oh, that $150M/year TV deal they just got.
    I always love posts that start with "Um." The little LOL smiley added a nice condescending touch, too. Well done.

Getting out from under the money they owed A-Rod over the last three years of the original contract was a huge windfall for Texas. As you and awy point out, they did a number of other things to improve their team too. But you can't just casually dismiss the impact of A-Rod's unnecessary move on both the Rangers and the Yankees.
    Last edited by sweet_lou_14; 04-24-12 at 09:51 AM.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Never fear. We might have whiffed on Yu, but we have Hughesy (18 game winner in 2010!) going tomorrow! It's in the bag.

For such a powerful organization, the Yankees easily have the worst talent evaluators in baseball (bottom 5 at best).

Good prospects dealt, hyped prospects flop, undervalued prospects flourish, free agents not valued properly, etc. What a joke.

NYYF Legend

E.g.:

Once upon a time, the Yankees filled out their starting rotation in December, usually by sliding a large sack of cash in the direction of the off-season's biggest-name free agent.
    And who did that this off-season? The Rangers, wasn't it? Guy by the name of Darvish?

I really hate this site after Yankees loss.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bomber999 View Post
    Never fear. We might have whiffed on Yu, but we have Hughesy (18 game winner in 2010!) going tomorrow! It's in the bag.
    And don't forget, he almost pitched a no-hitter in Texas, once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    And don't forget, he almost pitched a no-hitter in Texas, once upon a time.
    Such promise back then. Seems like a lifetime ago. From top prospect to finge starter only due to lack of other present options. SMH

*Waits for Yankees fans to cry about how we should've signed Yu Darvish*

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I really hate this site after Yankees loss.
    Some of it's irrational, for sure.

But there's a lot of critical introspection with truth behind it. Truth hurts.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    It is to be expected because of how well that Darvish pitched. Hell, I've only seen him pitch once and I'm already envious of the Rangers for signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYankeesFan92 View Post
    Guess you haven't been to that thread yet today: http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7489861
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Thread Information