+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
    Give me the Zoppity mentalgidget's Avatar

Re: Breaking Bad (Season 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I disagree. If I remember correctly, Walt runs the math on the GROSS figure as compared to what they used to NET before, and comments on it in a disappointing way as being slightly less. THEN Mike starts down the overhead and Walt is flumoxed by most of it, then angry about the hush money specifically. He wasn't even thinking there would be anything taken out of the stack he had in front of him.

I agree in principle, that Walt should obviously understand that now that he's the boss he's going ot incur additional expenses, but the way that scene was written and acted didn't convey that to me at all.
    I did find it odd, though, that Jesse had to remind Walter that they only produced 1/4 of the product they were making in the laundro-lab
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

NYYF HOF

Anna Gunn knocked it out of the park last night. Her scene with Walt at the end was chilling. I expected her to say that she was just going to wait for him to die, but wait for the cancer to come back? Damn, that was cold.

Another great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    Anna Gunn knocked it out of the park last night. Her scene with Walt at the end was chilling. I expected her to say that she was just going to wait for him to die, but wait for the cancer to come back? Damn, that was cold.

Another great episode.
    She's annoying again. To me, anyway.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

She like this horrible amalgamation of Edie Falco and Judith Light.

Is she pregnant in real life or something? Because she's gotten noticeably more plump since the show started, and in particular between seasons, which is really funny because one season picks up within minutes of the last season ending, so it looks really bad.

I can't decide if she's a terrible actress or a fantastic actress playing a terrible character. Either way I'm going to rejoice when she gets taken out.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

So it looks like the start of season 1 through last night's episode was only 1 year.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    She like this horrible amalgamation of Edie Falco and Judith Light.

Is she pregnant in real life or something? Because she's gotten noticeably more plump since the show started, and in particular between seasons, which is really funny because one season picks up within minutes of the last season ending, so it looks really bad.

I can't decide if she's a terrible actress or a fantastic actress playing a terrible character. Either way I'm going to rejoice when she gets taken out.
    I read somewhere that she had her last kid in 2006 but you're right, her weight has definitely flucuated throughout the life of the show.

I think she's been fairly boring, and grating at times, but she was great last night, IMO. The back and forth she had with Walt was one of her finer moments in the series.

She is fairly irritating but her comeback "I thought you were the danger" made me laugh.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

She was stupid to pull that pool stunt with Hank and Marie as witnesses. She just gave Walt an opportunity to fake her suicide.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Why do you guys hate her? I have total sympathy for her and for the position that creep has put her and her kids in.

She was a bit of a control freak back in the day, but her life and even worse, the lives of her kids has been put in serious jeopardy.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Why do you guys hate her? I have total sympathy for her and for the position that creep has put her and her kids in.

She was a bit of a control freak back in the day, but her life and even worse, the lives of her kids has been put in serious jeopardy.
    Walt wouldn't be in the position he was in right now if she hadn't given all that money to the guy she was cheating on him with. He could be completely out of the business.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Walt wouldn't be in the position he was in right now if she hadn't given all that money to the guy she was cheating on him with. He could be completely out of the business.
    Oh please...as if he would have gotten out of the business. He's turned into a greedy, ruthless bastard.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Oh please...as if he would have gotten out of the business. He's turned into a greedy, ruthless bastard.
    She was fine taking his money before. Did she actually think it wasn't a dangerous business he was in?

Anyway, she's annoying and I hope she dies.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

She was fine taking his money before. Did she actually think it wasn't a dangerous business he was in?

Exactly. She's only all bent out of shape and depressed because she controlled the lives of her family like a puppateer for years and years, and now she not only has lost that obsessive control, she is being controlled by the very man whose balls she had on the mantle for over a decade.

She's upset/despondant only because her control-freak persona has suddenly been completely incapacitated by Heisenberg. Nothing more, nothing less. She tried to get a measure of the control back with the whole carwash deal, but it backfired miserably, and now she has no recourse but to be at his mercy.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

NYYF Legend

I tend to agree with this, though I like Snatch Catch's analysis of her personality and control being completely flipped on its head with the changes Walt has made in his life.

But beyond all that, her character is becoming very, very annoying to watch. I did like that she admitted that she's not as smart as Walt, she doesn't "have his magic" and this was the best plan that she could come up with to try to take care of her children.

However, the whole pool scene was just ridiculous. I hated everything about it, and thought she was being an over-the-top drama queen about the whole situation. And screw Ted Beneke, geez.
    Masahiro Tanaka, 24-0 in 2013. He's the Japanese Jack Bauer.

I'm pretty sure that scene between Skylar and Walt clinched yet another Emmy for Bryan Cranston.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    Why is Walt telling Jesse to tell the people he loves about what he's doing?

This seems so anti-Walt. Something fishy is going on with that.

He was manipulating Jesse yet again, like he always does. He didn't want that woman around but he couldn't tell him to dump her. He didn't like having Brock around and didn't trust whatever loose end the mom would be if she found anything out.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Agreed on all points.

It's funny because I always felt the show was similar to Scarface in that Walt starts at the bottom and slowly kills his way to the top, like Tony. Could definitely be foreshadowing.
    The creator of the show said his pitch to AMC was the show would take Mr. Wizard and turn him into Scarface.

He's clearly going to be the main villain from here on out. He uses everyone and everything around him to get what he wants. He even turned the tables on Skylar for cheating on him and made her look like the bad guy to her sister. I love Walt, but he's the bad guy now. I think his ego will get the best of him. Things will escalate with Mike and Jesse will see how evil Walt has become setting up their showdown in the final batch of episodes.

BTW, yes I'm a week behind, but I had to share my thoughts. Hope to watch this week's tonight.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I think I'm going to start at Season 1 and just watch this series at home. It looks awesome.

Umm... Wow.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, wow is right. and here I was thinking Todd was a narc or something since he was asking so many questions.

All I can say is: HOLY CRAP!

NYYF Legend

Every episode that passes... I get sad, because I know this ABSOLUTELY GENIUS show is going to have to end.

But while it's still going...wow, just wow.
    Masahiro Tanaka, 24-0 in 2013. He's the Japanese Jack Bauer.

NYYF Legend

Oh my god.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    Yeah, wow is right. and here I was thinking Todd was a narc or something since he was asking so many questions.
    I thought the same thing.

Now I'm like Mr. Pink in Reservoir Dogs.

"Look, I know I'm no piece of sh!t. I'm pretty sure you're O.K. And I'm f***ing positive you're on the level."
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF HOF

Uhh, wow. That was insane. One of the better cold open payoffs. I had completely forgotten about the kid.

NYYF Legend

What was the first thing that Walter planted in Hank's office? Was it a key stroke logger or something that helped them listen to the bug? Either way it will be interesting to see if they both come into play again later in the season.

Thread Information