+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 1326
  1. #526

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    0-9or something like that with RISP last night.

  2. #527
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    0-9or something like that with RISP last night.

    Actually 1-10. The slump continues.

  3. #528
    NYYF Triple Crown

    apalradio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    .218 RISP. Why are we even in denial about this?
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

  4. #529
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    .218 RISP. Why are we even in denial about this?
    Seriously. At what point is it more then "just a slump"? It is June now.

  5. #530

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Because there is a lot of season left.

  6. #531

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Seriously. At what point is it more then "just a slump"? It is June now.
    So what do you want to do about it?
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  7. #532
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So what do you want to do about it?
    There is nothing that can be done....my point was that people who are concerned about it have a right to be....and not have their concerns immediately shot down by other posters. Its June, so this is no longer some 2-3 week stretch of bad luck or some bad AB's.

  8. #533

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    There is nothing that can be done....my point was that people who are concerned about it have a right to be....and not have their concerns immediately shot down by other posters. Its June, so this is no longer some 2-3 week stretch of bad luck or some bad AB's.
    So you think it won't get better this year?
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  9. #534
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    So you think it won't get better this year?
    I have no idea. Obviously the longer it goes on, the more doubt I have that it will. This issue is a concern and fans have a legit reason to be worried about it.

  10. #535

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I have no idea. Obviously the longer it goes on, the more doubt I have that it will. This issue is a concern and fans have a legit reason to be worried about it.
    I'm not questioning your concern nor anybody else's, but asking your opinion on whether it will get better or what can they do to improve it? Fans can feel anyway they want to because their thoughts or feelings doesn't change what's happening on the field of play.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  11. #536

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    How does a team with this much talent have difficulty hitting with runners in scoring position? Is the entire team just having a bad year at once? Will there be improvement with some of these players as the season plays out?

    It doesn't look like you can blame it on just 1 or 2 players. Why are teams with lesser hitters performing better with RISP? Should they abandon the homerun and become punch and judy hitters? Should they fire Keven Long?
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  12. #537
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stony Brook, NY

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I have no idea. Obviously the longer it goes on, the more doubt I have that it will. This issue is a concern and fans have a legit reason to be worried about it.
    I don't think this offense will be that much different for the rest of the season. ARod and Teix will hit right around where they are now. ARod will get 20 HRs and Teix will be right around 30 HRs. Both of them are still good players. It's just that they will never be in their prime again. We have to learn to accept that fact.

    Luckily, no team is that much better than us either.

  13. #538

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    I don't think this offense will be that much different for the rest of the season. ARod and Teix will hit right around where they are now. ARod will get 20 HRs and Teix will be right around 30 HRs. Both of them are still good players. It's just that they will never be in their prime again. We have to learn to accept that fact.

    Luckily, no team is that much better than us either.
    Yet, teams with lesser hitters than Arod and Teix are hitting better with RISP. It doesn't make any sense to me.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  14. #539
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Stony Brook, NY

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    It doesn't look like you can blame it on just 1 or 2 players. Why are teams with lesser hitters performing better with RISP? Should they abandon the homerun and become punch and judy hitters? Should they fire Keven Long?
    As feeble as our bats have been, we are still among the elite teams in AL. Of course, if you want to use salary as the measuring stick, NYY has underperformed big time. Kevin Long is not the reason for this unproductive offense. In fact, does guys like ARod or Teixeira even bother to ask for Kevin Long's advice on hitting? I don't think so either.

    Here is my take. If I want to get paid like a superstar, I am not going to learn to lay down a bunt just because of the shift. I am going to hit the long ball because not only chicks dig it, most GMs check that stat when they dish out a mega-contract.

  15. #540
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    .218 RISP. Why are we even in denial about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Seriously. At what point is it more then "just a slump"? It is June now.
    Who is in denial about it? It sucks. Some may not be ready to assume this will carry out into September/October, and some may be a little skeptical around wishing away homeruns in order to acquire a few extra hits with RISP, but I don't think anyone isn't frustrated/concerned about the atrocity that has been RISP production this season. Just so odd how stark a contrast it has been year over year. Last year they were ridiculously good with RISP - best in the AL.

  16. #541
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by apalradio View Post
    .218 RISP. Why are we even in denial about this?
    Intersting Yankees are #28 over all and #13 in the AL in AVE with RISP

    but Yankee pitchers are also #5 in MLB and #2 in the AL at .234 against with RISP

    So at least we've got that going for us!
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  17. #542

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Intersting Yankees are #28 over all and #13 in the AL in AVE with RISP

    but Yankee pitchers are also #5 in MLB and #2 in the AL at .234 against with RISP

    So at least we've got that going for us!
    Someone once told me that the grass is much greener on the otherside. I'm convinced it was you.

  18. #543

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    The Yankees are winning, but it is because of home runs.

    I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now...
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  19. #544

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    The Yankees are winning, but it is because of home runs.

    I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now...
    Dirty. You need a cold shower.

  20. #545
    Big Poppa dabomb2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    I'm not questioning your concern nor anybody else's, but asking your opinion on whether it will get better or what can they do to improve it? Fans can feel anyway they want to because their thoughts or feelings doesn't change what's happening on the field of play.
    I wish I knew a way to improve it. I mean its not like something you can practice or go out of your way to work to get better at it. There has to be some amount of bad luck involved....but its not all that. My best guess is that its a mental thing at this point. They go up to the plate, knowing the struggles the team has had....and they just try to do too much. Swing a little harder. Maybe instead of just driving an outside pitch the other way, they try to jack it 800 feet...and end up grounding out, popping up or fouling it back. I look at the Cano AB last night vs Price and it was a classic case of the hitter bailing a pitcher out. 1-0 pitch, he swings at a pitch way inside on his hands. Then he chases several pitches on the outer half, and because he is trying to pull he just rolls over a grounder to 2nd.

    I dont know how to fix it. The coaching staff can drill it into the players heads of what they need to do at the plate in those situations till they are blue in the face. They can study video of what they are doing wrong....none of it matters unless they change their approach when they step into the box. And to me, thats just something a player has to fix on his own. Nobody can help him. I really dont know what Kevin Long can do here. Maybe he's too mechanical and has his players thinking too much up there? Perhaps. But they hit fine in non-RISP situations. If they werent hitting at all, then I would say that Long is an issue.

  21. #546

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    The O showed up tonight. Against no slouch of a pitcher, either. That means we're due to get shut out by a last minute replacement AA pitcher tomorrow, right?

  22. #547

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I wish I knew a way to improve it. I mean its not like something you can practice or go out of your way to work to get better at it. There has to be some amount of bad luck involved....but its not all that. My best guess is that its a mental thing at this point. They go up to the plate, knowing the struggles the team has had....and they just try to do too much. Swing a little harder. Maybe instead of just driving an outside pitch the other way, they try to jack it 800 feet...and end up grounding out, popping up or fouling it back. I look at the Cano AB last night vs Price and it was a classic case of the hitter bailing a pitcher out. 1-0 pitch, he swings at a pitch way inside on his hands. Then he chases several pitches on the outer half, and because he is trying to pull he just rolls over a grounder to 2nd.

    I dont know how to fix it. The coaching staff can drill it into the players heads of what they need to do at the plate in those situations till they are blue in the face. They can study video of what they are doing wrong....none of it matters unless they change their approach when they step into the box. And to me, thats just something a player has to fix on his own. Nobody can help him. I really dont know what Kevin Long can do here. Maybe he's too mechanical and has his players thinking too much up there? Perhaps. But they hit fine in non-RISP situations. If they werent hitting at all, then I would say that Long is an issue.
    Last year they were one of the best with RISP. I just think 2012, is one of those seasons when nothing is easy for the Yankees. One thing that does bother me is that certain players aren't working the counts like they've done in the past. Anyhow, perhaps they'll have a better second half of the season with RISP because it can't really get any worse.
    Please fire Cashman, so some Yankee fans can have hope again.

  23. #548
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Buffalo, NY

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Still waiting on that first win without the long ball

  24. #549
    Pinpoint False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NY Dude View Post
    Still waiting on that first win without the long ball
    This still gets my vote for most meaningless stat of the season so far. Keep the wins with HR coming, please.

  25. #550
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    This still gets my vote for most meaningless stat of the season so far. Keep the wins with HR coming, please.
    Yeah, it's one thing to worry about losses without home runs. But using lots of HR to win lots of games is hardly cause for concern.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts