+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast
    Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

Cano, Arod and Teix have a combined 3 RBIs and average .312 OBP. Hrm.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

and it is april
    always reasonable

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Yeah, they really had you running out there in center field
    Hey how do you know what else I might have been doing, I could have been doing something strenuous, talk about nit picking.. How about commenting on something I said about the game...

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Cano, Arod and Teix have a combined 3 RBIs and average .312 OBP. Hrm.
    With mediocre pitching and the heart of the lineup not performing they're still 4-4? I'm pretty optimistic now.

Who would you rather have in fantasy tex or cano? I use tradedebate dot com. free useful tool for fantasy player evaluation

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by glockthelock View Post
    Who would you rather have in fantasy tex or cano? I use tradedebate dot com. free useful tool for fantasy player evaluation
    Ramiro Pena.

NYYF MVP

Well as I've said in earlier post, to me Derek actually looks physically bigger as though he hit the gym big time. Good for him I've been waiting for him to show us more power, this is something that he's had all along.

As for the rest of the guys, some are struggling with the great starting pitching that we've been facing so far. We have some players that have pretty long swings, and now I'm repeating myself but a lot of these young pitchers throw 95+ and have good breaking stuff, and a change up to go along with it.

We keep hammering A-rod, Tex, and a few others yet the pitching that we face is very good, lets face it Derek is so smart and by taking the ball the other way he's showing us the formula for success.. Yet Alex, Tex an others just refuse to go with the pitch.

No one is saying that you still can't launch 400ft shots to center or left, but if we look at Alex he's taking hangers right down the middle for strike two, then looks to hit 95+ on the black, it makes no sense. Lets start following Jeters lead, because without doubt he's on to something, lets make the adjustments...

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleRay View Post
    Well as I've said in earlier post, to me Derek actually looks physically bigger as though he hit the gym big time. Good for him I've been waiting for him to show us more power, this is something that he's had all along.

As for the rest of the guys, some are struggling with the great starting pitching that we've been facing so far
    Just curious, did you consider Pavano to be part of the great pitching we've faced so far?

As for Derek, he has really shown me something that I should've come to expect after years of idolizing him. He came to ST ready to go while the rest of the guys use ST to get into shape. I am especially disappointed that Pineda came in 40 pounds overweight. This is the guy we're counting on to be the future ace???

The offense will be okay, like I said before. We've only played 10 games.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Just curious, did you consider Pavano to be part of the great pitching we've faced so far?
    Maybe it's just me, but I hate losing to this guy more than I hate losing to just about any other pitcher.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post

As for Derek, he has really shown me something that I should've come to expect after years of idolizing him. He came to ST ready to go while the rest of the guys use ST to get into shape. I am especially disappointed that Pineda came in 40 pounds overweight. This is the guy we're counting on to be the future ace???

The offense will be okay, like I said before. We've only played 10 games.
    Because you asked, I thought we should have kept Pavano of course at a discount price, he didn't take too much serious back when we first got him.

Still I thought he owed us big time, an I really thought that he was pitching pretty well when we let him go.. But I was disappointed in him anyway, also it looked like he liked New York City and being a Yankee, again he had me fooled one of his fans..

So to be honest yes I do think that he's a pretty good pitcher, but not an ace by no means..

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I hate losing to this guy more than I hate losing to just about any other pitcher.
    its definitely not just you. He has pitched pretty well against the Yankees since robbing them blind an it is infuriating.

Devoted Member

It's disheartening to see the slow starts of the middle of our order, but it's only 11-12 games. Cano will get crazy hot here soon. If Alex stays healthy he'll get on a good guessing streak. And hopefully Teixeira will revert to his 09 and past where he cleans up in May and onward.

The offenses lack of reliability is directly correlated to those 4 guys (including Swisher) and their poor starts, particularly with RISP. But again, it's only 11 games.

Quote Originally Posted by JBursch23 View Post
    The offenses lack of reliability is directly correlated to those 4 guys (including Swisher) and their poor starts, particularly with RISP. But again, it's only 11 games.
    6, 6, 0, 6, 5, 6, 5, 1, 11, 3, 8 = "unreliable"?

They're averaging 5 runs a game....

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    its definitely not just you. He has pitched pretty well against the Yankees since robbing them blind an it is infuriating.
    You know as much as I can't stand Cliff Lee I do respect the fact that he took less money, and played where he wanted to. That's where there's no defending Alex, knowing that he had not one but two off years with this team that he claims to love.

He's very aware of how much his contract is strangling the team, even if he said here to take 10million off the top each year (and help us win)... He knows that the expectations were for his 2009 season, not for seasons where his hip and knee surgeries made him less then average.

Same thing for Pavano, he became a multimillionaire and barely threw a pitch.. In his heart if he has one, you'd think that he'd say hey I owe you' put me down for 2yr's for 5 million, but it looks like almost nobody has that kind of heart.

Millions and more millions, where does it end???

NYYF MVP

Wow! Just awful hitting, last night too. It's time to start trying something different, also even though I feel for Joe he's been bad and that goes for the coaches too. Lets realize that almost the hole lineup is out of whack.

Alex, Cano, and Tex not one of them can hit an off speed pitch, and don't try. I've seen all of them take strike two how many times so far this season, right there as if it were put on a tee. But nothing, hit' that mistake a mile!! That's a batting practice pitch, an it's not only them it's been everyone but Jeter & Granderson..

When do we change our approach, make a different plan? When do we take into account who's pitching, or who the umpire is, or what pitch to lay on.. Last year you guys got all over me because I said that the straight change is ruining offense, but it is. Since when does every pitcher (starters) throw this pitch, there was only a hand full of guys that threw it, now they all do.

You'll see making everything illegal to take has really hurt Baseball. Players have been taking something to get hopped up since Ruth, only then everything was legal. Maybe these teams filled with young kids are getting juiced up on energy drinks, who knows? I just know that something has to give, because tons of players are being destroyed...

3 runs in two game wont win nothing. A-rod popping out to the catcher with the bases juiced, c'mon.

and 3 runs in 3 games will win you even less.

NYYF Legend

this offense makes my balls throb
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

oh jesus
    always reasonable

No HR's = No runs

kind of disappointing tonight.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    kind of disappointing tonight.
    Disappointing is a word that can be used for the entire series. It is hard to believe just how inept the Yankee bats were against the Oriole pitching this series.

They came in as a hot team, but wow. They really dealt to us.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by 2JAY View Post
    Disappointing is a word that can be used for the entire series. It is hard to believe just how inept the Yankee bats were against the Oriole pitching this series.
    Older cars take a while to get warmed up. It's not disappointing. It is expected.

Thread Information