+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 ... LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: 2012 Offense Performance Thread

I tried to answer you on the Tex thread, but i'm not sure it'll be there for long one text an it should be gone so I brought it here so you know I answered you as best I can.

OK, then I'll try to make my point. Baseball is a team sport and even though we (the Yankees) on an individual basis aren't filling the stat sheets, we're getting it done collectively.. We were talking about Tex,,,, Tex has gotten some huge hits for us in some very close games.

Also his defense has been enormous as well, we also lead the league in homeruns and many of those have been meaningful. It's not always how many,, but when and how meaningful.. That also goes for hits, steals, and walks.. Playing as a team is what we've been doing to win, solo numbers mean a great deal yet if we are still winning in spite of just imagine if some of the averages start to climb.

I realize that Cano has been quite clutch of late, all I can say is keep it going help us win, it's your time. We're talking about Baseball where the numbers can change overnight, we can debate and go on an on, it's about numbers for some more then it is for others, it's a game with strategies and different opinions. Still I think that your putting more emphasis on Marks average then on his total impact... Really friend!

can't say i'm looking forward to watching alex, tex and jeter over the next few years. derek has dropped off considerably and is back to his mashing only lefties level. alex is about $12m overpaid (at least) given his production, position and age. and tex is, well, he is what he is right now. long term deals for guys of 30 are rarely a good idea.

never-the-less, given the current level of offense in the league, we are amazingly one of the best around. helps having robbie, curtis and ...
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    can't say i'm looking forward to watching alex, tex and jeter over the next few years. derek has dropped off considerably and is back to his mashing only lefties level. alex is about $12m overpaid (at least) given his production, position and age. and tex is, well, he is what he is right now. long term deals for guys of 30 are rarely a good idea.

never-the-less, given the current level of offense in the league, we are amazingly one of the best around. helps having robbie, curtis and ...
    The difference is that Jeter and Rodriguez are 5 years older than Teixeira, who's already been declining for a couple of years. That sort of dropoff from an elite level is unexpected and extremely unusual at that age. Yes, it happens sometimes - Andruw Jones and Dale Murphy come to mind. But if you sign a guy like Teixeira after his age 28 season, there's no reason to think you're going to see this at age 32.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF MVP

The Yankees are rolling Offensively right now, still it would be nice to get a pitcher or two back. It kind of feels like we're hanging on with the relief at times, an even with the lead we have I don't feel safe having two of our starters out.

The team when it comes to hitting, does seem to be relaxing more at the plate even when we go down by a run or two. Where before the team looked like they were pressing when we fell behind. That's why I brought up the two starters being out, I'm just hoping that CC comes back energized, an 100%.

I keep feeling that we could reach down to our minor league teams, and maybe bring up a starter, or even a strong reliever. I just worry that our pitching may not hold up..

NYYF Triple Crown

"The best defense is a great offense." Yo

NYYF Legend

Once again, too many HRs, not enough sac flies.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Apparently the offense missed the flight to Oakland. Holy crap, you cant have three worse games. Not just the lack of runs, but even the at-bats are amateur like. Staring at fastballs down the middle, swinging at junk off the plate. One pitch outs.

NYYF Legend

They need another bat.

DFA Martin please. smh.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Apparently the offense missed the flight to Oakland. Holy crap, you cant have three worse games. Not just the lack of runs, but even the at-bats are amateur like. Staring at fastballs down the middle, swinging at junk off the plate. One pitch outs.
    All it took were 3 rookie off-speed pitchers to put the Yankee offense into the toilet. The A's staff with their change-ups have embarrassed the Yankee batters the past 3 games.

This is exactly why this team stands a great chance at getting bounced from the postseason in round one yet again. They can't manufacture runs or hit in the clutch, and off speed stuff makes them look like little leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post

Oakland has the best ERA in the American League and they give up the fewest amount of homeruns (by far). This shouldn't be a huge surprise.

They just came off a 10 game streak where they scored FIVE runs or more.

Very few walks so far against the A's. Not taking pitches.

NYYF Legend

when pitchers are constantly throwing the ball over the plate, it's hard to take walks

law of averages taking effect
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Oakland has the best ERA in the American League and they give up the fewest amount of homeruns (by far). This shouldn't be a huge surprise.
    Yeah I get that...but we still should be doing better then scoring 6 runs in 3 games against them. Its the quality of at-bats too.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Phinstripes View Post
    Very few walks so far against the A's. Not taking pitches.
    Fewer than "very few." One ... count 'em, ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    You're wasting your time with expressing such logic. People are in a venting mode.
    Last edited by Yankees1962; 07-22-12 at 08:40 AM.
    Okay Hal and Brian, I might be a sucker, but you got 3 more years to fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    They need another bat.

DFA Martin please. smh.
    Should they DFA Martin before or after they acquire Mauer?

Quote Originally Posted by flymick24 View Post
    when pitchers are constantly throwing the ball over the plate, it's hard to take walks

law of averages taking effect
    Firs thing I was thinking. We are still killing our division and our hot streak was bound to end.

This is when CC shines. We're on a skid, he'll set us straight.
    Thank you for making me calm today, Brett Gardner

And...the offense shows once again why it might be a quick October yet again.

Pretty awful weekend. Yes they have some good young pitchers...but the offense didnt show up these 4 games.

NYYF MVP

Wow, what a difference a week makes! It seems like Oakland did their homework and that we didn't take this series as serious as we should have. They shut our offense down for the most part, and they were just ready. They celebrated every win as though it were the seventh game of the world series, when again the Yankee offense was not clicking and even though we lost, it felt like they were flying high and that this series was the highlight of their year so far!!
    Last edited by NoodleRay; 07-23-12 at 12:00 PM.

This is getting the f annoying...get it together...

Need some runs today please ...
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Ah, one of those phases. Only this time, they actually have guys who are bad at hitting who aren't hitting.

The bottom part of this lineup is just trash.

Thread Information